Regrets

I Will Always Love You [CLOSED FOR NOW]

This fan fic is for lululy. Please enjoy it! And I am so sorry for the long wait! :)

(POV ---- Lulu)

I went to school, I loved to go there, unlike most kids. It was probably for shallow reason though. The reason why I loved it was because my crush since middle school is there Onew. I don't know why I always liked him though. I think it's because he's nice and caring. I was walking around with my friend and she tapped my shoulder, "Lulu, look there's Onew!"

I looked to where she was pointed and I saw him laughing with his friend, Key.

After school, I go to a daycare after school to help out. Since I loved little kids, I loved going there. As I walked in the door all of the kids came running up to me squealing, "Unnie!! Play with us!" This was another reason why I loved little kids. They were so cute and sweet. 

It was thirty minutes passed closing time, and the owner had already left fifteen minutes ago because she had to do something for her friend. The reason why I was still here was because, my favorite, little Jae. She was really sweet and would always tell me stories about her oppa. She would say "Oppa always gives me piggy backs rides!" or that "Unnie and oppa should get married!" I always laughed at her little comments. She was just too adorable. But what made me wonder was how kind was this older brother of hers, and why would he let her stay her until 9:30 pm? What kind of brother would do that? 

I heard someone open the door and I looked at the door to see who it was. It was Onew. Wait! Onew? I hid against the wall hoping he wouldn't see me, but Jae saw him and yelled, "OPPA!"

Then Onew picked her up and said, "Hey Jae, sorry I'm late, practice ran really late today. I hope you can forgive oppa?"

"It's okay!" she said and then hugged him.

Then Onew asked, "Where is the daycare lady?"

"Unnie? She is behind the wall!" she said.

Oh no... I could hear his foot steps getting closer and closer.  I stayed in my little ball until he said, "Um... I'm sorry for making you stay here before closing time."

I stood up. "Um... it's alright, just be safe when going home." I said, trying to hide my face from him.

"Hey... is that you Lulu?" he asked.

I looked up, "Haha yeah. Hi, Onew."

"Hey, I didn't know you worked here."

"Well, I do!" I said smiling, "I have to go home. I'm sorry."

"Hey, let me walk you home, it's late and dangerous for you to be out home alone."

"It's alright, you don't have to. I live close anyways."

"Hey it's okay, I live close too!" he insisted.

"Umm... okay." I said. 

We walked outside, and as soon as I opened the door, a cold gust wind blew against my face. It was freezing. My teeth were chattering, but I tried to make it as quiet as possible. Jae held my hand and asked, "Unnie? Are you cold?"

"Huh? Oh no, I'm fine! I'll tough it out!" I said. I didn't want to bother them with any simple matter.

I felt something being put over my head. It was a jacket. I looked at Onew. He smiled and said, "Don't worry about it!"

I smiled at him. I guess this a reason why I like Onew so much, he was kind. When we got to my house, I took off the jacket and held it to Onew. He said, "Keep it. You can just return it to me tomorrow."

"Are you sure? I mean you still have to walk home, and it is cold." I said.

"It's not that bad." he reassured.

"Well, if you say so." I said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked to my front door, and I took one more look back. Onew was still waiting outside. I waved one more time, then opened my door and walking in. My mother had asked, "Lulu, how was your day?"

"It was really good."I replied. 

I walked up to my room and laid Onew's jacket on my bed. I can't believe that I actually got to talk with Onew today! Aigooo! Ahh what a good day. I can't believe I am so lucky today!

The next day, I brought Onew's jacket to school and looked for him. I saw him talking with his friend, Key. I walked up to him and said, "Thank you for lending me this yesterday." 

He smiled at me, "No problem. Happy to help. Oh and this morning, Jae told me to give this to you." 

He dug a piece of paper out of his bag and handed it to me. I looked at it. It was a drawing of me and her. We were holding hands, but there was one other person on the other side of Jae. I asked Onew, "Um... who is this?" I pointed at the person in the drawing.

"Oh she said that it was supposed to me be. Honestly, I think she drew me too good looking!"

I laughed, "I don't know, I think she drew your face perfectly."

"Haha thanks. Oh and I'm sorry I came late yesterday. I didn't know practice was going to end late."

"Don't worry about it. Well, I'm going to head to class. See ya later." I said walking away.

"Wait!" he called out to me.

I turned around. He asked, "Can I get your number?"

"Umm... sure. It's XXXXXXX."

"Okay, cool. Mine's XXXXXXX."

"Okay, well later." I said.

(POV ---- Onew)

After Lulu left, Key teased me. He said, "So I see you have a new girl in life?"

"Shuttup! She's just a friend!" I said.

"Yeah... a friend that you like." he said.

"Do you want to die?" I threatened.

"Alright, alright!" he said.

I walked to class with Key. The rest of school was pretty boring, although I saw Lulu again. I was going to say hi to her, but my friend said hi to me, and when I was going to talk to her, she was gone. I have an idea where she is though. I said by to my friends, and walked to the daycare. There was just something about Lulu. I don't knwo it's just that whenever I saw her I would get this urge to protect her. And I would get butterflies in my stomach, and my heart would get lighter. I don't know what these feelings mean, I've never felt them before.

When I got to the daycare, I saw Lulu playing with the kids, she had such a bright smile on her face. It was a true smile. Lulu is kind, caring, and a happy person. 

I came inside, and she looked up. A kind smile came upon her face. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. She said, "Hey Onew, what are you doing here? Jae's not here today."

"I know. I wanted to come and help you." I said.

"Oh okay. Umm... well there's really not much to do except play with the kids."

"That sounds fun." 

I thought of an idea. I called out to the little boys, "Men! Assemble!"

(POV ---- Lulu) 

All I heard wad Onew yell, "Men! Assmemble!"

I looked at them puzzled. I wonder what he is planning. He was whispering so I couldn't hear them. What I did hear, was him yell, "Break!"

Then all the boys ran off into the back. When they came back, they each had a flower, and gave it to me. Lastly, Onew had a rose, in his hand, while he had a huge smile on his face. I said, "Onew, this is sweet."

He blushed, "Haha, no problem."

After about two hours, I started getting huge headache. I wasn't feeling very well. My breathing was becoming very deep, and my heart started hurting. I was cleaning the play area, and then everything just out.

(POV ---- Onew)

I heard a big noise. I turned around and saw Lulu collapsed on the floor. Oh My GOD!! I picked her up, trying to wake her up by calling her name, "LULU! LULU! WAKE UP! LULU!"

All the kids crowded her limp body. They started asking, "What happened to Unnie?" "Unnie okay?" "Wake unnie up, Oppa!"

I set her body down on the couch and looked for the owner's number. It was next to the telephone. I called them telling them that Lulu had fainted and that I was going to call an ambulance. I called the ambulance, and the owner got to the daycare. She rushed in asking what had happened. I couldn't talk right. I couldn't think right. What was going to happen to Lulu?

When the ambulance got there they out Lulu on a stretcher and I followed them into the ambulance. The whole time I was holding Lulu's limp hand. I couldn't hear anything around me. My whole world became dark. I'm scared.

When we got to the hospital they put her in the emergency room. I was waiting in the emergency room. Her parents came in, and rushed in asking what happened to her. I overheard the doctor telling them that there were more problems with her heart. They nodded, her mom broke down into violent sobs. 

They approached me, her dad said, "Thank you for calling the ambulance. We are in great debt to you."

"It's okay. What about Lulu?" I asked.

"She--," he father hesitated, "she has had heart problems ever since she was born. She is very weak and frail. We new that it was terminal, we just... didn't know it would come so soon."

"Oh," I said.

So she knew she was going to die. How does a person stay happy as that? Her life was being taken away, and all I ever saw her do was care for others. Why does the worst stuff happen to the best people. It shouldn't work that way. I could feel my eyes start to water. 

We sat in the waiting room for several hours. The doctor said we could come in. She was in her room, peacefully sleeping, when she woke up, her mother said, "We'll give you some time to talk." And they left the room. 

She said, "Hey, Onew."

"Hey Lulu."

"I'm sorry you had to find out about this."

"It's okay."

I couldn't say much. All I knew is that I want, need, and must treasure the moments I have with her now because there won't be anymore.

"Onew, smile please. It breaks my heart seeing you so sad." she said with a teary smile.

"Right." I said, struggling to smile, but I couldn't stop the tears. We talked for a long time. We talked about everything from our favorite color, to our favorite kind of music.

I had to leave because it was really late and we-- I had school tomorrow.

I visited her everyday for the next nine months, giving her, her favorite flower each day. Each time I saw her become even more breakable. Today, she looked so pale, she was so thin, it was as if I even touched her, she would break. Each time I came to her, I saw her smile. Although, each day it was getting smaller and smaller, as she grew weaker and weaker.

On that day, she could barely talk. I said to her, "Lulu, you know that I love you, right?"

"And you know that I love you as well?"

"Yes." I answered touching her frail hand. 

She flinched at the soft touch. She said, "Onew, I loved you, I love you, and I will always love you."

I couldn't speak. As I heard her heart monitor beep slower and slower. I was sobbing hysterically. I wish I can spend more time with her. I looked her. She was crying as well. Her breaths were heavy, and before she closed her eyes, she said, "Goodbye. I love you... Onew."

I yelled, "LULU! LULU! LULU! DON'T GIVE UP! PLEASE PLEASE!"

I ran outside screaming for a doctor. I was becoming hysterical. I could no longer think, see, or hear. I walked towards her bed, held her limp and hand and kissed her one last time and whispered, "I love you."