FriendShip is The FirSt SteP Of LoVe

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

 

It was the start of a new term in 2010 when Donghae starts to notice Jihye's gradual absent-mindedness; from forgetting their pre-arrangement for doing revision together to being lethargic just by traveling from one building to another. Something was not right, Donghae could felt it in his bones but he wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions. Guess he could consult Joong-ki hyung who was his senior in high school, who’s currently doing his residency in Seoul National University Hospital.
 
"Hyung, this is Donghae!! Is this a good moment to ask you something"
 
"Donghae ya, I'm afraid it isn't. I need to do my walk-around; I'll call you in a while?"
 
"Okay, Joong-ki Hyung! I'll wait for your call"
 
Stalling for time leaves Donghae in a fit of jitters; he had been pacing around in his room and was shocked when his phone rang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As promised, Joong-ki hyung called when he had a break. "It's been a long time since you've contacted me, something's up?" 
 
Donghae could imagine Joong-ki hyung's teasing face when he said that, 
 
"Sorry Hyung for not contacting you in such a long time. A tone in which Joong-Ki could detect that Donghae wasn't in his usual mood which was out of the ordinary. Considering the fact that he is such a happy-go-lucky boy, it must be someone who meant something which could affect him this way.
 
Would you want to meet me? I have time to spare right now, I know it is a little last minute but I felt that you needed a face-to-face sharing instead over the phone. 
 
Relief washed over Donghae when Joong-Ki hyung said that. 
 
I think I could come over right now if you have the time. I couldn't thank you enough Joong-Ki hyung.
 
What are brothers for, don't stand on ceremony. Give me a call when you've reached.
 
Okay, Joong-Ki hyung. See you in a while. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Upon reaching the hospital, he made a call to Joong-Ki whom directed him to the café near  the Hospitalentrance. Seated in the café, there was Joong-ki hyung charming the people around with his pretty-boy looks. Somehow Donghae can't comprehend on why he chose to be a doctor instead of an actor. He could easily be one of the Top stars in Korea. Well, not a point to harp on, Donghae   pushes all thoughts aside.
 
Hyung, it's been a long time. But when I finally meet up with you it’s in such a situation. Sorry, hyung!
 
Anything for a bro, Hae-ah. 
 
Putting guilt aside, Donghae continued his sharing to Joong-ki hyung….
 
.I’m probably just paranoid on her recent health condition. Recently, she's having frequent memory loss. Initially I thought it was the school work that's taking its toll on her health but it doesn't seem so. She gets tired recently a mere walk from one building to another. Did I ever mention to you that she fainted and I was the one who sent her to the hospital? Back then, she wasn’t my friend but we hit it off immediately when coincidentally we were teamed for a project. 
 
Reminiscing the past, it brought a smile to Donghae’s face, his mind wandered a little before being brought back to reality by Joong-ki hyung.
 
Does she have any hereditary conditions or chronic illness? Are there any visible changes like for e.g. sudden weight loss? 
 
Not that I know of, Hyung. She had always been in the pink of health but recently I noticed the changes. Should I ask her to do a thorough medical check-up? 
 
I think you should try to persuade her to; health is wealth, Hae-ah! 
 
Just for instance, my junior’s younger sister had always been in the pink of health when recently she had been diagnosed with a chronic illness. Even with a family of doctors, they didn’t notice her illness till she fainted and was sent into the hospital. 
 
Hyung, it’s a little coincidental though. Jihye, the one I’m telling you about is also from a family of doctors; her sister is currently doing her residency right here too. Probably, you might know her.
 
Oh is it? What’s her sister’s name? 
 
Erm…. If I didn’t remember wrongly, her name is Jihyo. 
 
Wait a minute! Jihyo? Park Jihyo? 
 
Upon hearing Joong-ki hyung’s query on the name, something daunted Donghae that this name was somehow related to the girl he cared about, his best friend Jihye.