Chapter 05

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

 

"Class, there will be a group project to be done and handed up after your summer break."

 

"Oh Man, not again?!" the students groaned.

 

"Hush now; the topic can be anything related to the module & all of you have enough time to complete. Team-mates have randomly been picked and please stand if your name is called…

 

"Whispers could be heard; having an assignment is tough enough & yet we have no freedom to choose our partner?"

 

"I hope that we could do the project together" exclaimed Jiyeon

 

"Likewise, it will be so weird having to work with someone you ain't close with" replied JiHye

 

In the midst of her discussion with Jiyeon, JiHye heard something…

 

"JiHye you will team-up with DongHae". JiHye-sshi, DongHae-sshi please stand and greet each other. JiHye was astounded till Jiyeon nudged her. JiHye quickly stood up and faced a boy with almond-shaped eyes gazing and smiling at her.

 

Their stares were disrupted with Professor Jung's announcement to the next team-ups. JiHye still hadn't digested this piece of news. What had just happened? Jihye asked herself.

 

"Oh man JiHye! You are taken away by DongHae, I'm so sad" Jiyeon faked cry.

 

"Argh, stop this Jiyeon. It's irritating" Jihye rolled her eyes.

"At least you are teaming upwith a top student, mine is a top student from the back" Jiyeon whined

 

Jiyeon's whine was interrupted….

 

 "Class, I will give you a week to come up with a topic and submit it to me" Professor Jung made another announcement. Just after his announcement, the school bell rang.

 

The dismissal bell gave the students in the auditorium a "temporary break"from a hectic schedule ahead.

 

"Sighs, there goes my wish to take a break during the summer holidays" Jiyeon pouts.

 

"Jiyeon ah…"  JiHye was abruptly interrupted by a boy who approached her

 

"I think I hadn't introduced myself, I'm Lee DongHae, Nice to meet you."

 

JiHye stood up and shakes his hands,"I'm Park JiHye, nice to meet you."

 

Why had it felt so much familiarity when JiHye shook his hand; a familiarity that she couldn’t comprehend? Had she seen him somewhere? Not that she remembers and if Jiyeon hadn’t mentioned to him who it was, she thought he was weird that he’s staring at her ever since she stepped into the auditorium.

 

Just then she realized that she had held his hand a little longer. Her face was flushed with embarrassment. “Oh, I’m sorry”, Jihye quickly withdraw her hand. “It’s okay” Donghae smiled at her.

 

“Regarding our project topic, when will it be a good time to discuss this?” asked Donghae.

 

Oh, Tomorrow will be better. I still have lessons after this; How about we meet at the library entrance tomorrow at 3pm”? JiHye answered.

 

“Tomorrow will be fine, I shall see you tomorrow then”, with a smile Donghae left the auditorium leaving JiHye still feeling a little astounded.

 

“JiHye ah, let’s leave the auditorium. We are gonna be late for our next lesson.”

 

No response from JiHye till Jiyeon tapped her on the shoulders.

 

“What a weird start of the day, just when I am thinking that it’s so good to be back to school” JiHye’s thoughts start to wander again….