Chapter 04

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

 

Her parents came to fetch her from the hospital, settled the hospital bill and after that, waited for the vitamins at the Pharmacy before leaving.  JiHye was chirpy that she got discharged, how she missed home though she was hospitalised for just a day; it felt like a lifetime.

 

JiHye went back to school after a few days of rest at home….

 

As she stepped into the auditorium, a boy was looking intensively at her. Is there something on my face, Jihye wonders? She took out her pocket mirror to check, nothing's on my face, why is the boy looking at me? She tries to ignore the stare and went to join her friend, JiYeon whom sat at the last row of the auditorium.

 

"Is there something on my face or am I dress funny today" asked JiHye. No, you have always been a fashionista. Why babe? Jiyeon joked.

"Argh, you are so irritating! Why am I friends with you, please remind me?" JiHye rolled her eyes.

"Ha, too bad, you are stuck with me since High School" Jiyeon tease JiHye.

"Why do you ask such things anyway?"

 

"I don't know, there's this boy who had been staring at me ever since I stepped into the auditorium", it left me feeling a little clueless. JiHye responded with a little annoyance.

 

"Oooh, JiHye has a admirer, who's the boy you were saying about"?

 

JiHye pointed to a guy with chestnut-brown cropped cut hairstyle, casually dressed in a black polo-shirt with looks that could easily pass off as a celebrity. After JiHye pointed out the boy whom she was talking about, Jiyeon took a glance.

 

"Oh, he's Lee DongHae; a top student in our class." Answered Jiyeon

 

"Oh is it? Why didn't I know about him?" asked JiHye.

 

"How would I know?" Jiyeon shrugs

 

Conversation ended as it is as Professor Jung came in and begin with lessons...