Chapter 06

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

 

Hyuk-Jae saw his friend grinning and wonders what's up with that silly boy. "Yah, what are you grinning about? You definitely look silly". 

 

"TSK! Who are you calling silly" countered Donghae.

 

"Remember there's this girl who fainted in the auditorium and I sent her to the hospital?"

 

"Uh-huh, what about her; don't tell me you are having a crush on her"? That's too fast to be falling in love, Donghae-ya! Hyuk-Jae teased.

 

"Firstly, I'm not having a crush on her. Secondly, she's my partner in an upcoming project. So stop sprouting nonsense, Donghae elbowed Hyuk-Jae.

 

"Okay, okay, you are not having a crush on her. Don't grin in such a sheepish way, it's really scary! I got to run, don't miss me" Hyuk-Jae grins.

 

Hyuk-Jae's teasing left Donghae in a good mood. He must be crazy to have stared at her the minute she came into the auditorium. I must have scared her off. As a matter of fact, he heard whispers after she went and sat with her friend at the back.   I must have been silly looking, sheesh! Donghae sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jihye was late in meeting Donghae for the discussion. Darn! Of all the days, Prof Kim had to take his own sweet time refreshing the class on the knowledge of “The Quantum Theory”.

 

“I got to run Jiyeon ah, need to head to the library to meet Donghae for the discussion”, Jihye bid her farewell.

 

“Alright, let me know the outcome of the discussion; I need tips!!” Jiyeon joked.

                              

“We’ll see about that, I’ll think about it” Jihye teased Jiyeon.

 

As Jihye hastened towards the library, Donghae was waiting at the library entrance. He glanced at his watch; it was already 3:15pm. Have Jihye forgotten about their appointment? Oh man, I should have gotten her mobile number so that I could contact her. Donghae felt silly twice these past few days, he was about to leave when he saw a girl running towards his direction. I’m so sorry…Jihye catches her breath before she continues, I’m so sorry; Prof was taking his own sweet time refreshing our memory of “The Quantum Theory”.

 

Donghae couldn’t help but smile at the girl who was in front of him; casually dressed in a simple red & black checkered shirt and blue jeans, she’s definitely not one who is dressed to impress. He felt that there is more to this girl, Jihye felt the silence and looked up at the boy who’s smiling at her once again. She thought that he would be angry at her for being late but all she saw was a smile and saying that it’s okay, I thought you forgot that we were meeting.

 

“No, it’s just yesterday that we make this arrangement, how could I forget?”

 

Donghae smiled at Jihye’s responses; usually girls are more reserved or even polite to people whom they barely knew but she breaks such tradition. Her frank responses astounded him but yet it intrigued in a way he couldn’t describe it.

 

“Shall we go inside and start the discussion”? Jihye’s statement broke his train of thoughts, “Oh yea, sure”.

 

It was at that moment that something has evolved; from mere team-mates to acquaintances.