Chapter 03:

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

 

Mr Park: Thank you once again for sending my daughter to the hospital.

 

DongHae: You are most welcome. I hope she is okay?I will get going, hope she gets well soon.

JiHye saw an unclear silhouette of a boy in a distance walking away from her. Come back; come back shouted JiHye as soon as she realizes that she was left all alone in the misty forest. She fastens her pace to catch up to him,don't leave me alone, where are you going? However, the boy ignores her completely and continues to walk away till she loses sight of him…

JiHye are you okay? Whom are you shouting to? Mrs Park shook JiHye who seemed to be in a state of panic. JiHye heard her mother's voice in her background, she turned back and a white shimmering light shined upon her…

 

JiHye opened her eyes to find her parents looking at her.

 

Mrs Park: Are you okay, JiHye dear? You were practically screaming, What happened?

JiHye: Mum, it was scary! I was lost in the woods, there was no one around till i saw a boy in the distance  But no matter how I yelp for help,he ignored me and walked away.

Mrs Park:It's okay JiHye ah, it's just a dream.

 

When reality sets in, JiHye calmed down. Looking at an unfamiliar surrounding....

 

JiHye: Where am I?

Parents: JiHye dear, you are in the hospital

JiHye: Why am I here? The only thing I could remember was that I was leaving the auditorium after class

Parents: You fainted & were brought to the hospital by a classmate.

JiHye: Oh…Who was it?

Parents: By the name of DongHae, do you know him?

JiHye: Not that I know of. Why am I still on observation? Can't I be discharged?

Parents: Dr Lee suggests that you be put on observation & if all turns well, you'll be discharged tomorrow.

JiHye: I'm sorry for making you both worry about me.

Parents: It's alright dear, get some rest. We will fetch you tomorrow.

JiHye: Alright, see you both tomorrow

 

As JiHye parents left the ward, they took another glance at JiHye before leaving. Seeing JiHye smiling and waving to them, they felt the agony. Should they tell their daughter? What if she can't handle the truth about her diagnosis? They decided not to let her know till the time is right...

 

JiHye's day of discharge

 

JiHye’s parents went to Dr Lee’s room to discuss about JiHye’s condition.

 

Parents: Jun Jin-sshi (Dr Lee), We wish not to tell JiHye her condition till we feel that she is able to gradually accept her condition.

Dr Lee: I discouraged this but as a friend, I respect your decisions. However, do let her know as soon or prepare her for this. The earlier she knows about it, she will be mentally prepared. Believe in JiHye, I’m sure she’ll be able to handle this long-term illness.

Parents: We understand. Thanks for respecting our decision.

 

Dr Lee went to visit JiHye before she’s discharged....

 

Dr Lee: How are you feeling, JiHye?

JiHye: I'm feeling good after a rest, Dr Lee

Dr Lee: It's great to hear that.I’ll prescribed some vitamins, do ensure to have sufficient restand I wished you a speedy recovery.

 

JiHye smiled at Dr Lee and diligently listened to his advice on taking the vitamins and having sufficient rest everyday to ensure a speedy recovery. Dr Lee smiled at JiHye and left the ward; sincerely hoping that JiHye will still be as cheerful or even positive upon knowing the truth from her parents.