Prologue

In sickness and in health, until death do us part

Born into a family of doctors, JiHye is the youngest in the family. She has an older sister named EunHye who is currently in her 2nd year of Residency at Seoul National University hospital and, just like their father, is specializing in Surgery. The reason on why JiHye has always envied her sister for being the brainy one in the family.


JiHye’s Father, a Professor in the Surgical Department whereas her Mother, a Senior Consultant in the Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G) Department. Though JiHye's parents are doctors, they never once expect their children to follow their route. They felt that it is still best for their children to pursue their own path in life instead of belittling their dreams. However, not knowing that, JiHye felt the need to be just like her parents.

In order not to disappoint her parents, she worked hard. At a mere age of 17, JiHye has drawn up a timeline to achieve the things she thought what matters most.
 

Flashback on a certain afternoon:

Mother : JiHye, why are you looking so frail these days? Are you on a diet?

JiHye: Hmmm, Mum, I just have no appetite.

Mother: Why so?  

JiHye: Many assignments to be handed up, deadlines etc. Mum, I'm okay. I guess it’s the school work that's making me have less of an appetite. I'll be fine, don’t worry.

Mother: Are you sure? I’m worried about you, Studies may be important but health is equally important

JiHye: No worries,

Mum. I’m a teenager already; I’m able to take care of myself.

However,a kid will still be a child no matter what.


Everything changes on the 10th of November 2009.