Feeling Like a Friday Night

The Hook Up

From that day, Sandeul answered to his boss in short yes or no responses, left on time without saying goodnight, and managed to never leave himself alone in a room with his boss all week. To keep himself safe from the inevitable, he had pretended to be busy all week knowing that Shinwoo desperately wanted to speak to him seriously.

 

To Shinwoo their relationship was starting to feel like a regular boss and employee type and this deeply upset him. He was sure that they had connected that night and that Sandeul must want to return his feelings to some degree. On top of that he didn't want to just be Sandeul's boss, he had undeniable feelings for the younger man and the last thing he wanted for them was to drift apart like this.

 

It was honestly beginning to drive both Sandeul and Shinwoo to the point of insanity.

 

Not to mention tonight is when they had agreed to meet up for dinner with Jinyoung, which had successfully slipped the minds of the distracted couple. Gongchan flitted around excitedly all day due to this fact, oblivious to the moods of his coworkers.

 

"Why are you so happy?" Sandeul finally asked. Shinwoo was actually curious too, as he had turned to Gongchan to hear his answer.

 

"Why? Isn’t it obvious?" To which Sandeul and Shinwoo shook their heads in response.

 

"Really? Huh... Did you guys forget what day it is?" he smiled knowingly.

 

"Uh.. Friday?" Shinwoo offered.

 

"Yes! And it’s the day that I will get a boyfriend!" he grinned.

 

"Boyfriend? Hey, isn’t that a weird plan for a Friday?" Shinwoo questioned, as his eyebrows crumpled in confusion.

 

"Everything about Gongchan is weird, remember?" Sandeul informed him, earning a scowl from the maknae.

 

"Did you really forget about the date we planned?" Gongchan asked annoyed. How they forgot was beyond him. He hadn't actually stopped thinking about seeing Jinyoung again.

 

"Aish! The dinner!" Sandeul's eyes flew wide open in surprise as he finally recalled.  Shinwoo murmured in understanding as the memory came back to him. Meanwhile Gongchan stared at them in disbelief.

 

"Of course! I cant believe you guys forgot. What am I gonna do with my hyungs? Losing their memory already.." Gongchan mused, shaking his head.

 

"What? As your hyungs, I think we deserve a little more respect then that... and I was just busy all week. But halabeoji over there definitely has signs of memory loss," Sandeul countered. And it probably has a lot to do with the alcohol, he added in his thoughts.

 

Shinwoo replied with a smack of his teeth and a small pout.

 

"Oh that’s right, Shinwoo my oldest hyung~ Are you gonna do the honor of treating your dongsaengs at dinner tonight?" Gongchan asked hopefully with big pleading eyes.

 

"Errm.. sure." He couldn't possibly resist the maknae's aegyo. "But only if Sandeul apologizes for calling me a halabeoji.." He added, crossing his arms and looking at Sandeul pointedly.

 

"Oh, come on! Can’t you take a joke.." He grumbled in annoyance.

 

"Sandeul please! Its about time you two kissed and made up anyway," Gongchan tried persuading.

 

Sandeul blushed while Shinwoo dropped his gaze awkwardly, the room suddenly going quiet for way too long. Shinwoo was about to just tell him that he didn't have to, when Sandeul murmured a quick, "Sorry, hyung.."

 

It warmed Shinwoo's heart to hear the endearing term coming from Sandeul, the sass queen himself. He couldn't hold back the grin that broke out on his face.

 

"Aww! Look Sandeul! You made hyung happy~" Gongchan cooed. 

 

Sandeul looked up in surprise, locking eyes with Shinwoo, who smiled in reassurance. Gongchan noticed the longing gaze between the two and couldn't help but smile himself. He wanted them to be together as much as he knew they wanted to be deep down. Tonight would be the perfect opportunity for them to connect as a couple, and most definitely the time for Gongchan to work on his own relationship with the fox like manager he was extremely attracted to.

 

"Tonight is gonna be a good night," Gongchan grinned.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

The bakery crew had carpooled together in Shinwoo's car, which was a ride as laced with as much as you can imagine. As they had planned, Jinyoung had prepared the reservation and had reliably shown up first to claim their table. But when the boys arrived at the restaurant, they had a bit of trouble finding him. Gongchan scanned the restaurant anxiously, until he spotted a familiar attractive man waving to him from a booth in the back. He rushed over excitedly, leaving his hyungs to follow at their own pace behind him.

 

"Oh my gosh! No wonder I didnt recognize you~ Your hair! Its so... red!" Gongchan gaped as he got close.

 

"Yes, I know." He smiled sheepishly and chuckled awkwardly in response. "Uh, please, have a seat," he offered gently as he stared up at Gongchan, who was standing next to the booth still staring in shock.

 

"Oh, right, of course!" He grinned and slid into the booth across from Jinyoung. 

 

The other, less excited, couple finally caught up to the maknae and eyed Jinyoung with a more normal reaction. 

 

"Ah, hiding your grays huh, ajusshi?" Sandeul snided, plopping down next to Gongchan and picking up one of the menus that had been placed in front of every seat. Meanwhile Shinwoo, the slowest, took the last seat next to Jinyoung.

 

Shinwoo smirked as Jinyoung frowned at his employee. "Aww, how do you think that makes me feel? I'm the oldest one here," he pouted, once again feeling like he was being judged for being older.

 

"I guess that makes you both old erts.." He answered under his breath, flipping through his menu to avoid Shinwoo's stare.

 

Gongchan was unfazed by the awkward couple next to him as he stared across at Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung noticed this and peeked back at the maknae. "Does it look that bad?" He questioned, absently a few of the red strands.

 

"Of course not! It looks.. really good.." He answered, paired with heavy eye contact.

 

"Thanks... that means a lot coming from you," He smiled sweetly at Gongchan, who responded with his own dreamy smile. Sandeul was gonna be sick at all the sappy movie-like flirting they had already ensued. 

 

"Gongchan.. you do realize that the menu is on the table, not sitting across from you," Sandeul spoke bluntly, referring to the way the maknae was eyeing his manager.

 

Gongchan's eyes immediately widened as he realized what Sandeul meant, immediately dropping his his gaze and using the menu to cover his bright red face. Sandeul smirked and turned back to his menu, feeling thoroughly victorious. Maybe now I can have some peace, he thought, returning to his eager search through his menu.

 

Shinwoo looked up and saw that everyone was either looking into space or deeply engrossed in their menu. He sighed and attempted to break the silence.

 

"Hey do you guys wanna get a pitcher or something?" He grinned, attempting to spice up the meal.

 

Sandeul slapped his menu down in the table in annoyance. Of course he would bring up alcohol. Shinwoo flinched at the loud disturbance, and looked up at the irritated man wondering what he did wrong.

 

"Why? So you can get drunk and make another mistake like last time," He retorted loudly, glaring at Shinwoo pointedly.

 

Now everyone at the table, and some nosy people from others, turned to look at Sandeul.

 

"...What are you talking about, Sandeul?" 

 

"You know exactly what I'm saying Shinwoo."

 

"Uh, obviously I don't. So do you care to elaborate?" He responded, getting a little irritated.

 

Sandeul growled in frustration. "Which part? The part where you ed me? Or how you’re an alcohol addicted bast--"

 

 

"SANDEUL! Thats enough!" Shinwoo roared, finally being pushed to his breaking point.

 

The argument had gotten way too loud and was beginning to draw attention. Not to mention the topic had gotten dangerously personal and heated. "Guys, take this outside." Jinyoung ordered. In fear of a restaurant staff appearing any minute now, he thought it best if they took the conversation to a more suitable place.

 

Sandeul glared back at him, taking deep angry breaths before shooting up from his seat. " you!" He spat with tears laced in his voice, turning to storm out of the restaurant.

 

Shinwoo sighed before excusing himself from the table and heading after him. "Sandeul, wait!"