The Boss

The Hook Up

"Hello employees!" Shinwoo said cheerfully. He had finally come down from his "office" to check on his working dongsaengs.

 

"Hyung! I missed you!" The cute maknae announced. "Sandeul hyung and I have been getting really close while you were busy" he smiled proudly.

 

"Channie, I'm so glad! But hey, I might get jealous if you get too close," Shinwoo responded playfully. These guys... do they always act like this?

 

"Don't worry hyung! You and Sandeul will get even closer pretty soon~" the mischievous maknae assured his hyung. Sandeul shot him a sharp glance at this. What did I tell him about meddling?

 

"I hope so." Shinwoo added meaningfully, looking at Sandeul with a smile. Sandeul flushed and looked down from his gaze.

 

Damn... my heart is pounding.. what does he mean by that?

 

Does he...

 

"Oh, Sandeul," the very guy that Sandeul was thinking about interrupted his thoughts. "I spoke to Jinyoung ah.."

 

Sandeul snapped his head up in surprise. "What happened? Did you tell him that I'm going to be working here??" Sandeul asked in a panic, cutting off Shinwoo's sentence.

 

"Yeah, I think I mentioned it... uh, he wasn't too happy.."

 

Of course he wasn't. Jinyoung told people in the company many times that they weren't allowed full time jobs outside of the modeling field. Jinyoung was pretty close to Sandeul and he would even admit that he favored him, however it was still frowned upon to be having a job like he was. Jinyoung especially didn't permit this. He was the harshest manager they had. Its not that he really wanted to be a mean person. He was just really serious about the company he had built. If it concerned the company, Jinyoung turned into a cutthroat type of businessman.

 

It was quite scary to Sandeul, he always tried to keep this a secret from Jinyoung because he was afraid of his reaction. "Oh dear god...I'm gonna die." Sandeul voiced his fears.

 

"Don't freak out!..I calmed him down a lot. You can trust me, I've known Jinyoung forever and I know how to get to him... but he still wants to talk to you.."

 

If I leave now I could probably take a plane to America.. yes, he'll never find me. No. That's not gonna work, I can't speak any english.. ugh.. maybe I could get a disguise or..

 

"And he's on his way here..." Shinwoo cut off Sandeul's inner ramblings of escape with the worst news he could have heard. "Right now? Oh god, I'm ed. Okay, calm down Sandeul, maybe if you leave now he won't see you." Sandeul panicked aloud.

 

"Too late!" Jinyoung annouced as he suddenly burst into the room.

 

"Hyung!" Sandeul wailed. "Its n-not what you think!"

 

"Your lies won't be necessary Sandeul," The manager replied calmly.

 

Sandeul sighed in defeat. "Hyung... I'm sorry.."

 

"You think that because I like you that you can get special treatment, huh?" Jinyoung began his lecture. "I'm still your boss. So business is business. There are going to be consequences Sandeul."

 

"But, hyung... please, don't make me quit..." Sandeul voiced his fears. He had just gotten comfortable here and already felt close to his work associates. Not to mention that he didn't want to give up the stable paychecks that he would receive.

 

"That's not what I am going to do, Sandeul."

 

"Oh, thank you, hyung," Sandeul responded, letting out a relieved breath.

 

"No, I have other plans for you. Since you want to be here so much... you may stay. But don't think working here is going to be so easy." Jinyoung said mysteriously.

 

At this Sandeul groaned. "What is that supposed to mean?"

 

"You'll find out in time," Jinyoung responded curtly,then shifted his eyes to the others in the room for the first time since he arrived. He saw his good old friend as expected, what he hadn't anticipated was the cute boy standing in the distance of the kitchen. The stranger stared at Jinyoung in equal interest.

 

"Jinyoung, my chingu!" Shinwoo interrupted Jinyoung's ogling, who shifted his eyes to his friend.

 

"Shinwoo," he smiled, approaching him for a hug. The angry manager had quickly shifted into a warm and happy mood.

 

"My god, it’s been so long! Look how cute you've gotten," Shinwoo said playfully.

 

"Oh, stop~ I'm no model," Jinyoung grinned.

 

"Maybe being around them so much has rubbed some beauty off onto you," Shinwoo laughed.

 

Jinyoung chuckled. "Well maybe it will happen to you too, you have attractive employees as well," he commented, looking at Gongchan in particular. Gongchan smiled and blushed instantly.

 

"Ah, yes. Were both very fortunate," Shinwoo said warmly.

 

"I'm glad you could stop by... I just wish it had been a more casual visit," Shinwoo joked. "You know you're welcome anytime."

 

"Don't worry, I'll be visiting. I have to make sure my model is behaving," Jinyoung replied shooting a sharp look at Sandeul.

 

"You'll be back? That's great! I'd really like to see you again," Gongchan squeaked out happily without thinking. "Uhh, I mean--"

 

"He means it would be great for all of us to hang out another time," Sandeul saved Gongchan from his embarrassing outburst. Since Sandeul was a particularly social person he could sense that Gongchan had a little crush on his hyung. He quickly decided that it would be cute seeing how they would act together. And maybe it'd get his uptight boss off his back. "Why don't we all go out for dinner this week?"

 

"Hmmm, this week? It may be busy for me..."

 

"Hyung! Come on, it’s just a few hours" Sandeul complained.

 

"Please.. hyung?" Gongchan asked shyly, using his shockingly early honorifics once again.

 

Jinyoung wanted to say no but something about the cute boy's face made him reply "Okay, I'd love to." with a smile. He also truly wanted to see Gongchan again.

 

"Jinyoungie you're the best!" Shinwoo announced loudly, pulling his friend into a bear hug.

 

"Its no problem," Jinyoung responded, laughing and hugging his friend back.

 

What? When i ask he says he doesn't want to, but for these two it’s no problem? He should consider himself lucky I even want to be around him.. Sandeul sulked internally, frowning.

 

"Okay I really have to go now, I could barely afford get away from my workload as it is." Damn workaholic.

 

"Okay. Let me walk you out," Shinwoo responded, beginning to head towards the door with Jinyoung.

 

"Bye Sandeul, you be good.. And nice meeting you, Gongchan ah~" He said sending Sandeul a sharp look and a warm smile towards Gongchan.

 

Gongchan blushed, smiling and waving. "See you soon," he said as Jinyoung turned to leave, following Shinwoo.

 

As soon as Jinyoung disappeared, Gongchan turned to his hyung with a big approving grin on his face. Oh dear god, what have I started..