Boy Talk

The Hook Up

"Hey, hyung, are you gay?"

 

Sandeul was so surprised by the younger's question that he dropped his metal mixing bowl which clattered to the ground.

 

They had moved to the kitchen where Sandeul began to help out with cooking and build up his hours. He quickly learned that Gongchan was a big talker… and a boundary crosser. "Why would you ask that?"

 

"Cause you're so pretty," he replied innocently with a grin. 

 

"Pretty? You don't call a man pretty, Gongchan..."

 

"Its okay hyung, I'm gay too."

 

"I never said..." Sandeul muttered under his breath, not bothering to finish the unnecessary statement.

 

"So have you had a boyfriend, hyung?" Aishh this guy.

 

"Yes, Gongchan." For some reason, no matter how much the boy's bubbliness was suffocating Sandeul, he still answered all of his questions. His cheeriness may have been unavoidable but it was helping the time pass by quicker, so the constant chatter was slightly appreciated.

 

"So you have? I knew it. You're very pretty, I would be surprised if you hadn't," he grinned.

 

He sternly looked at Gongchan at the mention of the P word. "Erm, thanks. I guess." Sandeul wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not. So he took it as one anyway.

 

"I've never had a boyfriend... how is it?" Gongchan asked entusiastically.

 

"Err..." Sandeul wasn't sure if he was comfortable going over the topic of gay with the seemingly innocent boy. "It has its moments," was the pg formation of Sandeul's thoughts.

 

"I see.. so what kind of guys do you like?"

 

At this, Sandeul grinned inwardly. Attraction was different for everyone and every guy had his own unique tastes for the most part. These tastes Sandeul had learned to develop well, having his fair share of drawings from all the male models he had been exposed to.

 

"I usually like a manly type.." With abs and a deep voice...

 

"Hmmm, oh! Like Shinwoo hyung?" The boy gushed excitedly. Sandeul’s eyes widened at this. What is this kid? A detective?

 

“Ah, I guess so…” He replied with a slight blush.

 

“Oh! Do you like him hyung? I can totally see that! He’d like a pretty guy like you anyway, it’s perfect!”

 

“Gongchan…” he warned. It was true, he did have an attraction to Shinwoo, but he didn’t exactly want to talk about it. He had just met Gongchan, so they weren’t exactly best friends. It was a little awkward for Sandeul to be sharing private information with someone who was practically a stranger.

 

“I’ll tell him if you wont. I don’t mind, and me and hyung are already close.”

 

“No, Gongchan, don't. Leave it alone, okay?” The excited boy had finally taken it too far. His personal love conquests were none of Gongchan’s business.

 

“Aww, but why hyung? If you like him… Then.. Wait. You don’t already have a boyfriend, do you?”

 

“No, I don’t…” he replied sighing.

 

“You…did something happen or something.. thats making you upset right now..?” he trailed off questioningly, and Sandeul sighed.

 

“I did have a boyfriend recently, but it’s over now, okay?” These questions were suddenly bringing up memories that Sandeul wasn’t ready to face. His most recent ex-boyfriend had cheated on him and the pain hadn’t completely dissipated.

 

“Okay…” For once, the giddy boy had stopped speaking. Finally, some peace.

 

It was a few seconds of heavy silence before the younger boy almost exploded from the strong urge to speak. “I'm sorry hyung…” I spoke too soon.

 

The boy looked upset and truly sorry. For some reason Sandeul couldn’t stand to see him upset.

 

“Ah, it’s okay, Channie. I’ll tell you about it some other time, okay?” It was a bit too heavy of a topic to begin on their first day of meeting, anyway.

 

“Okay!” Gongchan smiled brightly, apparently pleased at the new nickname he had achieved and satiated for the time being.

 

“Hyung, I can’t wait for us to become closer~ We’re gonna be best friends!” the innocent one smiled and looked into his hyung’s eyes.

 

“…Me neither.” Sandeul was honestly touched that the little ball of energy had such an instant admiration for him. He was quite innocent and he had a feeling that he could be trusted. No, he wouldn’t mind working here. In a place that is comfortable, real and accepting. A place that he already felt that he belonged in.

 

 


[AN] Oh innocent Channie, I adore you. Umm yeah, some hints at Sandeul's past here. And thats all i'm gonna say for now~ Uhur, k bye. (◡‿◡✿)