The Interview

The Hook Up

They walked down the street to the bakery with Dongwoo leading. Sandeul took this opportunity to ogle his interviewer.

 

He was so tall, and built with y wide shoulders. His hairstyle was so cute, his neck length brown hair tied up into a half ponytail, something that only worked so well on a face like his. His legs were long and his thighs were so tempting to touch. He had a really y walk, too. If he didn’t own a bakery you would think he would be a model or a dancer, with those looks and body.

 

The walk over was pretty silent, since the talkative Sandeul was distracted by the sight of the quiet bakery owner. It was a comfortable silence, though, and a short one since the distance wasn’t too great. When they reached the bakery Dongwoo made the first initiative to speak.

 

“Follow me, Junghwan, we’re heading to my office,” he walked through the front door and continued behind the counter to a hallway where a stair set was located. He climbed up the stairs until reaching a door which he unlocked and disappeared into.

 

The second floor appeared to be a home, through the small doorway there was a living room with a large window facing the street. Dongwoo lead the way to a table off to the side of the window, which looked like a dining area.

 

“Um… This is your office?” It didn’t really seem like a traditional office. This was cozy and inviting, a place to relax, not work. Sandeul quite liked it.

 

He smiled and replied, “Not really. It’s my living room. But it’s quiet and private enough for an interview, don’t you think?” Dongwoo waved his arm toward a chair for Sandeul to take, sitting down in the one opposite to that one.

 

“Yes. I like it… It’s a nice home too,” he replied politely as he sat, adjusting comfortably.

 

“Thank you. I like it too… So how about we have a look at your resume?”

 

“Oh, of course.” Sandeul pulled out a folder from his messenger back, and handed it to the handsome interviewer. He opened the folder and began to scan the page silently as Sandeul watched him.

 

“So it says here you’re from Busan…” he slowly shifted his gaze back to Sandeul.

 

“Ah, yes.” It was kind of almost a question so he felt the need to respond.

 

“So why did you move to Seoul?”

 

“Honestly, there were more job opportunities here. Three years ago I had discovered an agency here in Seoul that wanted to train me. So that was when I decided to make the move.”

 

“Like, a modeling agency?” he asked.

 

“Oh, yes,” He chuckled not realizing he had forgotten an important detail. “That was a good guess.”

 

“Hmm, well it’s not hard to guess from your appearance,” he smiled, his eyes wandering a bit on Sandeul''s frame. Was he flirting with me? Well, hopefully that will get me the job at least.

 

It was a harsh reality that people looked at Sandeul solely based on looks, but it was something he had learned not to mind. After a while of being in the modeling business he began to appreciate it. In a way it is like letting him know that he is good at his job, and that is something to be proud of.

 

And he especially didn’t mind the attention coming from a guy as good looking as his interviewer.

 

“So that must mean that you have a manager?”

 

“Yes, Jinyoung hyung is my manager… but he doesn’t really approve of me applying for jobs…” he answered honestly.

 

“Hmm... Jin Young? Is it Jung Jin Young?” Dongwoo asked casually.

 

“Yes, it is. Why do you ask?”

 

The quiet employer flipped through the resume that Sandeul had given him while Sandeul waited expectantly. “Ah! So it is him… Is this his number?” he asked excitedly.

 

“Um, yes, excuse me but... how do you know my hyung?” Sandeul asked.

 

Lost in his own thoughts, the elder man looked up questioningly from the page. “Oh, were old friends… I’d love to catch up with him, we haven’t spoken in ages!” The suddenly giddy employer pulled his phone from his pocket and began to punch in the numbers printed on the document.

 

“Um, Mr. Shin…” Sandeul began, confused by the elder's sudden mood.

 

“Oh! You’re hired, you can start now. Gongchan will tell you what you can do,” he waved the new employee off. “Oh, and call me Shinwoo,” he added with a smile.

 

Sandeul stood and left the room, dazed. Well, that was easy… and strange.

 

He exited the room to the stairway to almost collide with a young guy with a cute boyish face. “Hi! I’m Gonchan, did you just get hired?”

 

“Um yeah… Were you listening outside of the door?”

 

“Of course not, Junghwan-ssi. Why would you think that?” he smiled mischievously.

 

Sandeul chuckled. “So you were. I guess you know all about me then. But you can call me Sandeul.”

 

“Okay, Sandeul hyung,” he said with a grin. Hyung? Aigoo, this kid.