Making It Up to You

The Hook Up

Sandeul had made himself comfortable on his bed, preparing to soak up the scent of Shinwoo still imprinted on his sheets and waste away the rest of the evening watching drama, when his doorbell suddenly rang.

 

He hopped up from his bed and practically slid across his living room to reach the door. Peeking out the peep hole, he was thoroughly confused to catch a glimpse of Gongchan. He wasn't even aware that the younger knew where he lived. He opened the door to reveal Gongchan, Jinyoung and Shinwoo all crowded on his doorstep.

 

"Uh, what are you doing here?" He asked the person he met eyes with first, that being Shinwoo, expectantly.

 

"I was kidnapped," He replied simply with a shrug, which confused Sandeul even more.

 

"You're being punished," Jinyoung remarked, sliding past the door way while Sandeul moved aside numbly, allowing them all into the apartment.

 

"What? I.. what?" Sandeul sputtered, momentarily baffled.

 

"Well since you ruined our date, you have to make it up to us by cooking dinner~" Gongchan exclaimed. Sandeul blinked, still stunned by the sudden invasion.

 

The others chose to stay out of it, seating themselves comfortably on the couch. Gongchan went to join them, feeling rather triumphant before Sandeul pulled him back. "Where are you going? You're the youngest here, so you have to help me."

 

"What? How can you drag me into your punishment?" the maknae sulked.

 

"Cause I'm older than you."

 

"But... hyung!" He turned to Jinyoung. "Do I have to?" Jinyoung looked from his cute boyfriend to the fuming duck, deciding to play it safely to save himself.

 

"Aww, Chansik ah.. will you do it please? I really love your cooking," Jinyoung pleaded, sucessfully melting Gongchan's resolve.

 

"Fine. If hyung wants me to, I'll do it," he smiled at his boyfriend, earning a gagging sound from Sandeul as he led the younger into the kitchen.

 

"So, what's going on with you and hyung?" Sandeul started as they began preparing the meal, his curiosity getting the better of him.

 

"Were dating now!" Gongchan squealed.

 

"I knew it!" Sandeul exclaimed as he handed Gongchan a pot to set to boil on the stove. "How did our old man do it?"

 

"Ah, it was so romantic! So he brought me flowers to my door and took me to the beach and when he asked me, oh, the sun was just perfectly beaming on his hair which is just as beautiful as a sun itself~ Like, how could I say no?" The younger babbled animatedly.

 

"Wow. And your first date was just yesterday? You two sure move fast," Sandeul commented with a sly grin.

 

"You're one to talk.. Yah, You and hyung have been having , haven't you?" He questioned lowly, finding the opportunity to seek further information about his hyungs.

 

"Were not dating or anything if that's what you were wondering," he answered knowingly, pausing to remove the cooked noodles from heat. "Just, please don't follow my example, Channie," Sandeul sighed, waving the topic off which Gongchan respected, choosing to turn the attention on himself once more.

 

"I wasn't planning on it.." Gongchan considered. "But who knows? I've already spent the night at his place.."

 

"You did not!" Sandeul exclaimed, though he wasn't sure if it was out of excitement or worry. He was happy for the two of them, but he knew more than anybody the dangers of moving too fast in a relationship. "Just don't do anything you'll regret.. take your time, okay?"

 

"I will, hyung," Gongchan nodded in acknowledgement of the sound advice, touched by the sudden concern of his hyung. "Thank you." He pulled the elder into a hug, who surprisingly returned it without a second thought. Sandeul was shocked to find that deep down, he cared more about his over-enthusiastic dongsaeng than he once thought.

 

The two couples had now moved to the dining room to eat the meal prepared by the maknaes. Sandeul and Shinwoo sat next to each other while across from them at the square table sat the other couple.

 

"Wow, Sandeulie.. this is really good!" Shinwoo complimented as he slurped up his noodles happily.

 

"I agree.. both of our boyfriends are really great cooks~" Jinyoung added, instantly creating a tension in the air and causing Shinwoo to nearly choke on his noodles.

 

"Boyfriend?" Sandeul questioned incredulously. "I'm not anybody's boyfriend."

 

Jinyoung raised a brow. "That's ridiculous. I see the way you two look at each other."

 

"Well I'm not into labels," he dared back smoothly, earning a hard stare from Jinyoung.

 

"Look. I know you think you're so safe now that you have such a hard heart after everything that happened with Baro--"

 

"Jinyoung!" Sandeul exclaimed in disbelief. That topic was where he drew the line.

 

"Baro? Is that...?" Gongchan trailed off after receiving a disapproving head shake from Shinwoo. After a moment of heavy silence, Sandeul broke it by hopping up from his chair with his plate in hand.

 

"Thanks for coming," He mumbled bitterly, before he disappeared into the kitchen.

 

"Uh, maybe you guys should just go.." Shinwoo offered as he looked on worriedly after Sandeul.

 

"You're right," Jinyoung sighed regretfully. "Come on Channie, I'll take you home."

 

"I-is hyung gonna be alright?" Gongchan questioned as they rose from their seats, heading for the door.

 

"I'll make sure he's okay, don't worry. He just needs some time to cool down," Shinwoo assured the younger with a slight smile as he waved them out, shutting the door behind them. With a sigh, he turned toward the kitchen, taking the dishes from the empty table on the way.

 

There he was, compulsively washing a pan to distract himself from his most recent turn of emotions. Shinwoo made himself known as he set the plates on the counter near the sink. He met Sandeul's gaze with an apologetic smile. "Here, let me help you." He took the sponge from Sandeul's grasp, who sighed and allowed him to finish the rest quietly.

 

"I'm sorry," Sandeul breathed as Shinwoo turned to him.

 

"You don't have anything to be sorry for." Shinwoo stated, touching Sandeul's cheek affectionately and tipping his face up to meet his eyes. "Whatever that guy did, he's stupid. For letting such an amazing guy go.. but it doesn't matter now, because you have me, and I'll never stop trying to make it up to you."

 

Sandeul stared up at him with glassy eyes, placing a hand over the one on his cheek. "Shinwoo.. what he's done, its not your fault. You don't have to make anything up to me."

 

"I don't care. I'll be the one taking care of your heart now, and any damage he's done, I'll take the responsibility to fix. That's how much you mean to me, Sandeul."

 

The younger was so touched that he couldn't find a way to respond. Sandeul merely nodded, nearly letting a happy tear escape.

 

"Tell you what.." Shinwoo began with a smile. "Tomorrow I'll take you out on a real date. On one condition."

 

"And what is that?" He finally found his voice.

 

"Will you be my boyfriend?" he asked hopefully.

 

"Shinwoo..." Sandeul began.

 

The elder let out a breath. He wasn't too discouraged yet though. "Its fine if you're not into labels, you don't have to say yes. But it would mean a lot to me if you did.. because you mean a lot to me."

 

Shinwoo was really laying his heart out here, and if Sandeul were to be honest, he felt the same way. The one thing he could do right now to assure him that he cared in return, would be to accept his offer. And that is just what Sandeul planned to do. "I would love to," he smiled, earning a breathtaking kiss from his new boyfriend.

 

"So.. date tomorrow," Shinwoo murmured when they finally parted. "I guess I should go.."

 

"But.. we could still make out for a while, can't we?" Sandeul smiled knowingly.

 

"I guess we could," Shinwoo grinned as he pulled his eager boyfriend close, their lips meeting feverishly once more.

 


[AN] So, Sandeul ran out on dinner, again. And Shinwoo went to comfort him, again. xD why does it always turn out that way o.o I swear its the last time! >.< So there's Baro's role! I hinted at it before, so you may have seen this coming if you're just attentive like that~