Tell Me

The Hook Up

 

"Hyung, that's your manager?" Gongchan asked after said man had left.

 

"Yeah.. Jinyoung hyung is my manager." It was an obvious answer to an unnecessary question, but Sandeul shared it anyway.

 

"He.... he's so cute.." Gongchan admitted, eyes sparkling at the memory of the older man. He looked more like a model than a manager. Gongchan apparently wasn't expecting someone with such striking looks to be the serious boss that Sandeul had made him sound like.

 

"Uh... okay.." Sandeul wasn't sure how to respond to that.

 

"Well, does he have anybody? Tell me about him! Tell me tell me tell me!" Gongchan asked excitedly.

 

"Uh.. no, I don't think he's seeing anyone..." Sandeul thought aloud. His hyung was actually very interested in his work. He couldn't think of a time that his manager had ever mentioned anyone. It seemed like he didn't have much time for relationships. He wasn't even exactly sure if his hyung was gay.

 

"Oh thank god. That makes this much easier for me," Gongchan gushed at the good news.

 

"Channie.. how do you even know if he's gay?" Sandeul asked skeptically, scoffing.

 

"Sandeul. Of course he's gay. I have the best gaydar," Gongchan stated proudly.

 

"You don't even know anything about him!" Sandeul exclaimed in disbelief.

 

"Pshh. I guessed you were gay, didn't I?"

 

"...err.. yeah I guess.." Sandeul muttered.

 

"So there! I've never been wrong before.. And, he was flirting with me," Gongchan said dreamily, grinning. "Plus, that's how I know that  Shinwoo hyung is interested in you."

 

Sandeul rolled his eyes. "Yah. Get back to work, loverboy."

 

They didn't have the luxury of time for the maknae to play cupid. The boy talk was a big distraction for Sandeul, and they had already been set back due to the manager's visit.

 

"Ah, right away, hyung~" The younger grinned and did as he was told.

 

Both boys had stopped talking and continued working robotically, while deeply absorbed in their thoughts about their partners of interest.

 

 


 

 

 

"Jinyoungie... were you checking out my employee?" Shinwoo questioned with a knowing smile as they walked towards where Jinyoung's car was parked. Heh.. still as observant as always.

 

"I guess theres no point in denying," Jinyoung answered with a smirk.

 

"Jinyoung-ah! Why didn't you ever tell me you were gay?"

 

"I guess because I didn't always know..." Jinyoung admitted. He honestly still didn't know.

 

Jinyoung was always the kind of guy who avoided dating and had preferred to focus on things that helped his career. He kept so busy that he didn't find time for these things anyway. The times he wasn't working he had filled with his personal passion of songwriting. Jinyoung could literally write a song about anything. It was his gift in life and a way to relieve his thoughts. When he thought of something, he would put it into a song and then throw it away into his cluttered song journal when he was finished, feeling completely renewed.

 

He was often attracted to beautiful people, being in the business that he was. But that wasn't enough to satisfy Jinyoung. To Jinyoung love was ambiguous, it wasn't something seen at first glance, and above all, it was a rare occurrence in Jinyoung's life. But it was definitely something he had experienced at the meeting of his newest dongsaeng.

 

"I wasn't lucky enough to have it all figured out like you," he added, smiling softly at his friend.

 

Shinwoo, although he was sometimes the quiet type, he always had known himself. Shinwoo was Shinwoo, and that would never change. Perhaps he had used that time when he was silent to actually progress with finding himself.

 

"Ah, yes. It does take some effort to come to understand, though," Shinwoo answered meaningfully.

 

It wasn't particularly easy for Shinwoo to become the way he was. He had always known that he was interested in men, but that didn't mean he had found the path to fulfillment. In actuality, for most of Shinwoo's life, he had felt alone. Back in school there was no one who openly shared their homouality. They either pretended not to be or kept quiet and avoided talking about it publicly in order to survive school. Shinwoo had never hid himself, so this made him a big topic of gossip. He was a pretty manly guy though, so not many people would get in his face. But you could still sense it, the quiet chatter when he came near, how everyone avoided him. He was an outcast.

 

Then there was Jinyoung, the guy who had his face in a book all through school. Constantly scribbling down words into his song journal. He could have been a really popular guy in school, with his good looks and musical abilities, he was even smart too. But Jinyoung didn't care about these things.

 

The thing both these boys had largely in common was the desire to get the hell out of that place. Jinyoung wanted to get done with school fast and run a company. Shinwoo wanted to move to the city and find where he belonged. Separating to find themselves, they moved toward their goals, walking down the path of life in their own direction. They finally got their wishes through hard work and determination.

 

"How is it now? Have you found happiness?"

 

"I believe i have~" Shinwoo replied with a smile. "I have a fulfilling life where I don't have to hide who I am.. I mostly have to thank my hoobaes, they keep me sane." he grinned, referring to his employees.

 

"Are they both gay too?"

 

"Ah, yeah.. Channie is.. I'm not sure about Sandeul.." Shinwoo trailed, thinking of his beloved new employee. "I really hope he is, I'm planning to win his heart," he grinned.

 

"So you like the younger ones too? Huh, hyung?" Jinyoung laughed.

 

Shinwoo grinned, "Nope, just Sandeul."

 

Jinyoung smiled thoughtfully. "I think this dinner is going to be interesting," He murmured in reply, referring to the double date that had somehow been planned out unconsciously.

 

"I'll be rooting for you! Fighting!" Shinwoo exclaimed as his friend climbed into his car.

 

"Me too. We both deserve some happiness," he smiled as he started the engine and began to ease his way out. "See you this weekend, chingu. I'm glad we can be together like this again," he added warmly, finally driving off into the distance.

 

Now they were reunited, in the heart of Korea, the same men now with a new found assurance. This time, though, nothing was in the way. They would live the lives they had always wanted, together again.

 

 

 


 

[AN] This chapter kinda makes me sad... but still excited at the same time. Idk. So, Jinyoung isnt gay or straight. He just loves what he loves.  i.e,  Gongchan. But everyone else is gay (cnu) gay (sandeul) so gay (gongchan) and gay for each other (cnu&sandeul)