An Occasion

The Hook Up

At around 8pm, Shinwoo showed up at Sandeul's doorstep, donning a slim-fitting collared jacket, his hair pulled back and pinned on one side, and was glasses-free. Sandeul eyed him over approvingly, a small smile spreading across his face. "Are you wearing contacts?"

 

"Yeah," he exposed his teeth in a sheepish grin.

 

"What’s the occasion?" He teased.

 

"Oh, you know, a hot date with a gorgeous model," He grinned and looked pointedly up and down at the younger, who was dressed in all black― a zippered vest over a black shirt accompanying black jeans.

 

"Are you in mourning?" Shinwoo couldn't stop himself from saying, though Sandeul laughed it off lightly. He did just call him gorgeous, after all.

 

"Oh, always the charmer," Sandeul rolled his eyes playfully, earning a grin from the elder.

 

"Shall we go?" He offered his arm for Sandeul to slide his into, who complied happily, and led him to the car.

 

"That depends.. where are we going to?"

 

"Hmm, I'd prefer if that remained a mystery," Shinwoo offered before sliding into the driver's seat.

 

"What? I thought we weren't hiding things from each other anymore?" He pouted as he joined him in the space.

 

" I'll give you something then," Shinwoo turned to Sandeul, who held his gaze expectantly. The elder said nothing, unlike Sandeul had anticipated, and leaned over to place his lips over Sandeul's, nudging his lips sweetly.

 

He stared at Shinwoo's lips as they left him, feeling caught off-guard and appeased at the same time. Either way, both stayed silent as he drove off, content with the lingering tingles of a kiss and a promising night.

 

"Why won’t you tell me where were going again?" Sandeul had grown anxious; they had ended up at a parking garage and were now walking the cold, night street that gave no hints as to where they would end up.

 

"It’s a surprise," Shinwoo answered, hiding a smile from his boyfriend that he was currently dragging to a location that he had purposely withheld for the sake of his own enjoyment.

 

"What makes you think I want to be surprised.." He mumbled.

 

Shinwoo caught it and replied, "Because surprises are fun."

 

Sandeul groaned in disagreement. "Are you going to make me regret going out with you?"

 

"Just trust me~" Shinwoo responded vaguely, clearly enjoying teasing his boyfriend.

 

He huffed, obviously getting nowhere with the stubborn elder. "Fine. Then I'm holding you to my expectations."

 

"Your expectations of what?" Shinwoo questioned, genuinely curious.

 

"Of how good a boyfriend you are. This better be as fun as you say," He warned with a sly grin.

 

Shinwoo grinned, his eyes forming small crescents. "I guess we'll just have to see."

 

He hummed in acknowledgement, looking out at the cities' night lights with sparkling eyes, unexpectedly growing to anticipate this night out on the town he'd been promised.

 

"This is it," Shinwoo suddenly said, pulling Sandeul to a stop in front of a tall and slender building with a roofed opening.

 

Sandeul snapped out of his daze and looked up at the building. "And what is this?"

 

"A.. restaurant," He said, though it seemed that he was omitting an important detail or two. He then held the door open for Sandeul to enter, who did, and widened his eyes at the interior.

 

It was packed with people, music and laughter and an overall buzzing of emotion. It seemed.. fun, Sandeul realized, and before long he was sitting at a dimly lit table, ordering a meal and staring contentedly across at his smiling boyfriend.

 

He'd soon learned that it was karaoke night, which wasn't hard to guess when performers kept walking up from the audience, egged on by the cheers from their tables and happy witnesses around them.

 

So far a group of girls had performed an energetic cover of 'My My', another girl performed solo of 'Peach' and one guy even serenaded his girlfriend to 'Honesty', causing her to blush profusely and tear up. It was all so uplifting, you couldn't help but have a positive attitude, even Sandeul had warmed up and was grinning and singing along.

 

The MC had walked back up to the stage, and directed everyone to give the lucky guy another round of applause and informed us that he was newly engaged. The audience reacted approvingly, and when the cheers died down to a murmur he began to speak into the mic. "So for our next performance we have a duet! So let’s welcome to the stage Sandeul and CNU!"

 

The former nearly choked on his food; meanwhile Shinwoo grinned and stood up, eliciting heavy applause and whistles of encouragement. "Come on." He held out his hand for Sandeul, who was trying to pretend he was invisible, unsuccessfully. "They don't mean me do they?"

 

Shinwoo pulled at his hand, causing his body to naturally follow. "Of course they do, silly," He smiled.

 

"And CNU?" He raised an eyebrow.

 

"My stage name, obviously," He chuckled, weaving through the tables to get to the stage.

 

When they stepped onto the small stage, the MC handed the mic to Shinwoo, presumably because he seemed to be the more enthusiastic one of the pair. "So you can pick any of these songs here. You just click play on the highlighted track. So, I'll let you guys take it away from here." He gave a quick thumbs up before stepping down to his reserved seat  and abandoning them onstage.

 

Shinwoo studied the list briefly before setting his eyes on something he liked. "Lets do this one~ you know it, right?"

 

"Yeah.." Sandeul answered, warily accepting the extra microphone that was being handed up to him by the MC.

 

"Great!" He replied happily, highlighting the song. Before he pressed play, he looked out to the audience and lifted the mic to his mouth. "Hello everyone! We’re going to be singing a song called 'Smile'. Feel free to sing along, if you like okay?"

 

The audience cheered again and Shinwoo hit play with a thrill running through him that was almost infectious. He turned to Sandeul and squeezed his hand reassuringly, causing his previous embarrassment to fly out of the window. With the most adorable man on the planet holding his hand, he felt invincible.

 

As the melodious instrumental began to pour out of the speakers, Sandeul's face quickly relaxed into a childish grin. He did quite like the song if he were to be honest, and had preformed it behind his shower curtain many a time. He wasn't sure if it was the song, the audience's friendly support, or his boyfriend's cheeky attitude that had affected him, though he was betting on the latter, but he was soon having the time of his life, belting out the lines proudly.

 

When they finally got back to their table, which was a slight difficult task as many were begging for an encore to which Sandeul refused humbly and pulled his date along through the crowd, they both sank into their chairs, relieved to have the attention off of them and onto each other.

 

"Wow, Sandeulie~ I didn't know you were such a good singer," Shinwoo breathed out, thoroughly pleased by his lover's hidden talent.

 

"Speak for yourself, Mr. Falsetto," He smiled back.

 

"Oh stop," Shinwoo flipped his hand in a jokingly bashful manner. "Let’s make a toast." He filled both of their glasses with the bottle of complimentary champagne that now sat at their table.

 

"Okay," He lifted the glass of bubbly champagne before him. "What for?"

 

"To the first, of many, successful dates," He offered, earning a chuckle from his lover. "And.. to lasting happiness and passion between us."

 

"Hear hear," Sandeul agreed, tipping their glasses together in a lovely chime.

 


 

"So, am I meeting your expectations of a good boyfriend yet?" Shinwoo questioned casually as they strolled down the street back to his car.

 

"Oh, you're definitely exceeding them," Sandeul blushed. In all honesty, he had been inwardly squealing at his lover's thoughtful, and incredibly cute, side all night. He had never had a man treat him this way, in the past he had mostly been made to feel worthless by his lover.

 

"I don't know whether I should be flattered or worried that you have low standards," Shinwoo smiled albeit sadly.

 

Sandeul chewed his lip nervously, unable to lift his eyes to meet the elders gaze. "Well, yeah, I guess that's a hard one since I can only compare you to a guy that would hit--" Sandeul cut off his dangerous rambling abruptly, but the secret was already out.

 

Shinwoo stopped walking. "Wait, hit? As in hit you? You cant be serious."

 

"Um..." Sandeul let out a shaky breath. "I don't know how you want me to answer that."

 

"Sandeulie.." Shinwoo's eyes were so filled with concern that Sandeul almost wanted to tell him, but would it be too overwhelming, wouldn't it?

 

Shinwoo studied the younger for a few moments, and when he spoke, Sandeul remembered his own meaningful words; He'd promised never to hide anything from him. "You don't have to talk about it, if you're not ready.."

 

"No, its fine. I want to," He directed Shinwoo to sit on a nearby bench and settled beside him before continuing. "Well basically, all we ever did was fight. And you know where that led.."

 

"Did you.. tell anyone?" Shinwoo asked concerned, wondering how anyone could put their hands on his delicate lover.

 

"I was very.. insecure, and stubborn, so much that I cut myself off from everyone that cared for me because I felt like I didn't deserve them, and.. I thought I needed him. I didn't want someone to take him away from me." He admitted.

 

"How did you get out?" Shinwoo rubbed comforting circles with his thumb as he held his boyfriend's hand, willing him to continue.

 

I felt so weak.. there was nobody to turn to for a long time.. but, eventually, Jinyoung was able to get it out of me. There’s only so long that hiding behind makeup can protect you." He chuckled. "I owe it all to him, really. Jinyoung really was my savior, not me. That's probably why he's so protective of me now."

 

"It’s only because he cares about you."

 

"I know. But he doesn't have to worry. I promised myself I'd never feel weak like that again. And that I don't need any man." He winced slightly as his words replayed in his head, sounding moderately offensive to his brain, though Shinwoo looked unfazed.

 

"You don't need a man. And I'm glad."

 

Sandeul looked at him questioningly, so he elaborated. "You're an independent man, and that draws me to you. Its exciting knowing that you chose to be with me, even though you don't need me and you could have anyone you wanted." Sandeul made a disapproving noise, which he ignored, taking the younger man's hands in his before continuing. "And I'm so proud of you. For not giving up, being strong, and risking your heart. And I want you to want to be with me, or someone if its not me, I guess, if that makes any sense.."

 

"No, no! I do, I do want you," Sandeul insisted almost desperately. "Why don't you get that you're the only one I want?" He muttered.

 

Shinwoo shook his head with a chuckle. "I guess it just feels too good to be true."

 

Sandeul couldn't wrap his mind around it. How could he be too good for anyone? The thought of it nearly made him cry out how greatful he was to have Shinwoo walk into his life. But then he thought of how Shinwoo had made him cry out in pleasure before, and it made him sigh longingly, a whole new thought process muddling his brain. He'd just have to show Shinwoo how lucky he thought he was.

 

"Well, then you just haven't seen too good yet." Sandeul's eyes had that mischievous glint to them, but it only caused Shinwoo confusion.

 

"What?"

 

"I think for tonight, I’ve changed my mind." He dropped a teasing hand to begin massaging Shinwoo's inner thigh, giving him a subtle hint as to where things were escalating to.

 

"Changed it.. to what?" He nearly moaned.

 

"I do need you, Shin Dongwoo."

 

He shivered at the use of his full name. "So.. by need me, you mean.."

 

"Uh huh."

 

He groaned out a response that sounded like, "Let’s go."