Chapter 6.

Please Stay With Me.

Please Stay With Me | Chapter 6

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!" he shouted out loud.
 
He had both his arms on the side of my head, locking my whole body against the brick wall, preventing me from running away.
 
I gasped and took deep breaths to calm myself down. I looked up into his beautiful eyes, from the left eye I drifted to his right, then back to his left. I was shocked to see him out of no where in school at this time, shocked that he shouted at me and I've got no reason in mind to why he would do that.
 
I stared cluelessly at him while keeping quiet, waiting for him to continue. A few minutes passed, no words came out from either of our mouths. It was then I noticed how close we were, so close that our foreheads were close to touching. If a stranger walked by and saw us, they will think we're making out or something. I hid my smile and just looked back at him.
 
"Jennifer..." he softly whispered my name.
 
"Y—Yeah?" I nervously stuttered.
 
"Why do you have to make things so difficult?" he asked under his breath.
 
This guy is making me more clueless, I'm so lost and I have no idea what he's talking about. Actually, I should be the one asking him the questions. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he making things more difficult for me? Just when I'm slowly moving on, he comes back. What did I do to deserve all this?
 
"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" he added, furiously.
 
I wanted to back away but I couldn't, Jaejoong and his furious voice is scaring me. Though, I quite like his bad side of him. I've never seen it before. He started to back away from me by a few inches.
 
"Um... what did I do though?"
 
"Why did you have to tell Donghae everything at the wrong time? You knew I was behind you, didn't you? You wanted me to hear all those, didn't you?" he started to bombard me with all these questions.
 
"I didn't know you were behind us," I bravely replied.
 
"Why did you have to..." he started his question.
 
I started to panic, I don't know what kind of question he's going to ask me and I'm not prepared whatsoever. I tried to not show any signs of nervousness, but I couldn't. I started to play around with my skirt and bit my lips. I noticed his eyes looking down at them, so I stopped. He slowly leaned in...
 
"...make it so hard for me to move on from you?"
 
I blinked. I continued blinking non-stop till I realise what was happening. Was it my ears that's hearing the wrong words, or was it him that's going insane? I didn't know what to say apart from two words...
 
"I'm sorr—"
 
Before I could finish my second word, something rather soft crashed onto my lips and my eyes widened. It didn't take me long to realise that it was Jaejoong's pair of lips that's against mine. He was forcefully kissing me, forcing me to kiss him back.
 
I shuffled around and raised both my arms up to push him away from me. He was too strong and refused to budge, his pair of hands tightly held onto my shoulders, and it killed me. I didn't want my first kiss to be a nightmare, so I tried to push him away again. This time, he seemed more weak and our lips successfully parted.
 
With the back of my right hand, I wiped my lips. I stared angrily at him, like as if I'm going to murder him any second. This was not the Jaejoong that I originally know. The guy standing before me is someone else, but if this is the real Jaejoong that he's been hiding from everyone, I don't know him anymore.
 
I held my tears in. I can't let him see me cry right now.
 
I looked at him for another five seconds or so, he looked... regretful. But I'm not going to forgive him for his actions, just because he regrets it. I glared at him before running out of the school grounds. Before I know it, my legs took me home. What a great start to my weekends.
 
As soon as I got home, the home phone started ringing and I started to panic as I heard each ring. I quickly closed the front door and dashed into the living room, to the table by the couches, and answered the call.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Jennifer, dear?" it was a lady's voice, a rather familiar one too.
 
"Mum?!" I shouted to the phone.
 
"Yes, dear. I'm coming over to Korea during the weekend, I'll probably get there on Sunday."
 
"Really? Nicole and I will come and pick you up," I said happily.
 
"And I have something important to tell you," she added, which got me all nervous.
 
"What is it...?"
 
"Don't be anxious, I'll tell you when I see you girls. Alright dear, Mum needs to get back to work, I'll see you on Sunday."
 
"Bye!" we said in unison, and hung up.
 
Talking to Mum got my mind off things for a while, but that's just a while. Mum's a very busy woman who works overseas at other countries, she never gets time off and come back unless her company orders her to do something in Korea. Nicole and I hardly gets to spend time with her. Ever since my parents divorced, we're just like abandoned kids.
 
I sighed and put the phone away, and headed upstairs for a warm shower.
 
During shower, I tried not to picture the scene where Jaejoong crashes his lips onto mine. But for some reason, no matter how hard I try to not think about it, I can't. No matter how hard I try to forget about it, it just keeps coming back at me. Like a sticky gum, refusing to be split into pieces after being chewed.
 
I rubbed my lips under the water really hard, till it started to get red, till it started to hurt.
 
After shower, I went to my room and closed the blinds. I snuggled under the blankets and tried to fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning, I wasn't tired at all. Since my mind won't listen and stop thinking, then I guess I'll just do what it wants itself to do. I thought about everything again, from the very beginning.
 
I thought about how I confessed to Jaejoong and laughed to myself. I laughed at my stupidity, my naiveness. I thought about what happened after school, how Jaejoong started to tell everything to me.
 
'Why did you have to make it so hard for me to move on from you?'
 
His question came strucking at me once again. I couldn't believe it, and I don't want to believe it. Does that mean he once liked me? Or does that mean he still likes me? Whatever the answer is, I know it's what I've been longing for.
 
"Why do you have to make me so clueless, Jaejoong?" I asked myself, aloud.
 
-
 
The next morning I woke up earlier than ever, because of my hungry stomach that wouldn't stop rumbling. I stretched in bed for a few seconds and checked the time on my watch, it was 6 in the morning. I couldn't believe it, I slept through the whole night without waking or anything.
 
But first things first, I have to fill this empty stomach up of mine. I got out of bed and did my morning activities, then went downstairs and started checking the refrigerator to see what there was to eat. It was pretty much empty, and so were the cupboards. I sighed and thought up of something. I decided to go for a little jog to the shops and have breakfast before I come back home.
 
What a great idea.
 
I went back upstairs and changed into a pair of three quarter track pants and a tank top, with a thin material jacket on the outside. I left the house and started jogging out of the neighbourhood I lived in.
 
Maybe because I was really hungry, I felt really weak and kept losing my breath, and grew tired really fast. So jogging was a fail, but I walked most of the way. When I arrived at a block filled with fast food restaurants, I was stuck to choose which one I should have. In the end, I chose McDonalds.
 
I entered and order my burger and meals. After they were done, I took my tray with me and went to an empty corner to sit. I started eating and in no time, I finished everything. I was so hungry, and it felt really good when I took my first and last bite of my burger. It was heaven.
 
I sat for a few more minutes till I finished my drink. After I finished and was sure that my food digested, I left the restaurant and turned right. Just when I begin my jogging, a voice called out to me.
 
"Jennifer?!"
 
I turned around and sighed. Why must he appear everywhere I go?
 
"Oh hey... Donghae," I said with no enthusiasm. "What are you doing around here, at this time?"
 
"Breakfast. Just finished and was heading home, what about you?" he asked.
 
"Same," I laughed.
 
"Can I... come over?" he asked out of the blue.
 
My eyes widened and I just stared blankly at him. Since I'm always home alone and don't have work today, I guess he could come over.
 
"Sure, if you want."
 
I turned around and we walked side by side along the foot path. Before we could even take more than ten steps, I looked up and someone was standing there staring straight at us. What is wrong with this world? Why are there so many coincidents?
 
The three of us kept quiet and I was surprised to see Donghae speechless as well. Please tell me Donghae doesn't know anything about what had happened the day before at school. But everything is telling me he knows, his silence. Plus he's best friends with Jaejoong. Jaejoong obviously told him.
 
Oh, how awkward it is.
 
"Let's go," I said.
 
I started walking and Donghae trialed along behind me, I dodged Jaejoong so our bodies wouldn't touch or bump against each other. Suddenly, I felt something tightly gripped onto my wrist and stopped me from moving. He got me furious, and I don't know why I'm so angry...
 
I harshly shook my arms to get out of Jaejoong's grip, but I failed. He was holding onto it so tight that I couldn't loosen it. I looked up and glared up at him. He looked down at me with his pleading eyes, they told me how sorry he was, they told me how upset he was. They were shining under the sunlight, and I was afraid that he's going to burst into tears. But he's a guy, and I highly doubt he'll cry over someone like me.
 
"I'm not going to let you go," he said calmly.
 
"If I want to leave, no one can stop me," I inched forward. "Not even you..." I whispered.
 
We had a glaring war, but it was just me that's glaring, he just sorrowfully looked back at me. It made me vulnerable and weakened me, but I quickly turned away.
 
"Donghae, I think you'll have to come over another time."
 
I started walking off leaving the two of them behind. Jaejoong's grip loosened as we became more distant. I thought Jaejoong would continue being arrogant and persistent, but he let me go just like that. I was quite surprised to see how easily he let me leave, and I was quite surprised to know how strong my words affected him.
 
As I walk further and further from them, I wanted to turn around to see him but I stopped myself from it. I really want to see his face, so bad that I wanted to cry. I started to run down the block as tears threatened to fall. After I turned around the corner, I stopped running and just cried. I cried as much as I want.
 
-
 
"WELCOME HOME MUM!" Nicole and I shouted at the same time as we welcomed our Mum into the house.
 
With her handbag hanging on her shoulder and her sunglasses covering her eyes, she started to enter the house through the front door. She took off her pair of heels and slipped into the slippers we specially bought for her. She slowly removed her sunglasses and looked around the house before entering the living room, and sat on the couch.
 
"This house is the same," she said softly. "Come sit, girls."
 
Nicole and I quickly joined her and sat on the couch. I've been waiting for two days. I really wanted to know what was the important thing she wanted to tell us, she sounded really serious over the phone and got me all heated up.
 
"Mu—"
 
She cut me off by placing her index fingers in front of my lips, telling me to stop speaking and keep quiet.
 
"I know what you want to ask but not now, dear. I got to go upstairs to take a shower and pack my bags. I'll tell you girls when it's dinner time."
 
With that, she headed upstairs. Nicole and I helped her carry her bags and luggages into her room, then we went back downstairs and prepared dinner.
 
After we finished cooking dinner, Mum finished her shower at the same time. We all sat on the dining table quietly eating, till Mum broke the silence and started speaking.
 
"Okay, girls. I have something to say," she said seriously.
 
Nicole and I stared at each other before turning back to her. We stopped eating for a second and waited for her to continue.
 
"I would like you two to come live with me at San Fransisco."
 
Her words surprised me and I was about to choke, but luckily I swallowed my food and had nothing inside my mouth. Nicole didn't seem really surprised, I think she was expecting it and waiting for that day to come. While I, just stared at this mother of mine like as if she's crazy.
 
"W—What? Why now?" I asked her.
 
"Why not now? I don't want you two to stay here all alone without being looked after," she added.
 
"We can look after ourselves! I don't want to move," I said arrogantly.
 
"Well, it looks like you have no other choice. You're leaving on Wednesday with me."
 
"Wednesday?!" Nicole shouted. "Why so fast?"
 
Suddenly, I remembered about my soccer match. It was on the Friday coming up and if I leave on Wednesday, I wouldn't be able to play the game and most of all, I wouldn't be able to see Jaejoong win his game... I can't leave. At least, not before Friday.
 
"That's too early!" I shouted.
 
"It is not," Mum said back calmly, as she took another bite of her food.
 
"But Mum, if we're leaving I'll still have to sell my ice cream shop and all that. Three days isn't enough," Nicole argued back.
 
"Yeah, what Nicole said," I nodded showing how much I agree with Nicole.
 
When really, I only wanted to stay longer.
 
"Alright then. How does Friday night sound to you?" she suggested.
 
I guess that'll be okay. Our game is during the morning till afternoon, I'll be able to play my game and watch Jaejoong's before I leave. As much as I don't want to leave, I know I'll have to. If Mum comes up with a conclusion, no one can change it unless it's reasonable.
 
"Great..." Nicole and I said in unison.