Chapter 1.

Please Stay With Me.

You Complete Me | Chapter 1

I don't get it, I don't get anything. It was like as if I was lost in the middle of a maze, a maze without an exit. I was lying straight on my back in bed, staring right up at the ceiling, thinking as hard as I could. My arms were crossed behind my head, supporting it. I blinked a few times, furrowing my eyebrows because I still couldn't come up with any conclusion. I thought so hard that my brain was starting to hurt, it wanted to shut down, it wanted a break. I can't possibly have a break.
 
For some reason, I knew everything behind the flashbacks are all important. At least I know to me, they are. I closed my eyes and rested the back of my hand on my forehead, trying to ease the headache that came out of no where. I couldn't do anything right. One person's image kept appearing in my mind. One person's name kept echoing. One question was left unanswered.
 
"Who are you, Jennifer?"
 
I thought of an idea. I quickly removed the blankets that were lying on top of me, and headed towards the bathroom. I had the fastest shower ever, and quickly got changed into my set of clothes that I randomly chose from the cupboard. I left the house in my converse shoes, alongside with my keys and phone.
 
I sped down the neighbourhood, turning around all the corners rushing the green lights. Finally, I arrived at his house. I rung the doorbell countless times hoping that someone will answer the door quickly before I explode. The door quickly opened and he stood before me, with a rather annoyed expression.
 
"I have something to ask you, Donghae."
 
He raised an eyebrow and welcomed me in. I pulled the door softly behind me, not really caring whether I used enough strength or not to make it close itself. Donghae was about to lead me to the living room, but I had no patience. We stood on the spot in the hallway by the front door, and I started bombarding him with questions.
 
"Have I met Jennifer before my accident two years ago?" I asked him calmly.
 
I watched as his calm expression suddenly changed to rather nervous. Judging from that, I was positive that Jennifer was in my life before everything happened. Why was everyone lying to me? Why is everyone trying to hide the fact that we've met from me? What is there to hide?
 
"No."
 
"I know you're lying," I must remain calm.
 
"Why would I lie to you?" he tried to sound objective.
 
"Exactly. Why would you lie to me? Just spill it."
 
Donghae kept quiet, it was so obvious he was lying. I was trying and planning to stay calm throughout the whole confrontation, but I just couldn't hold my anger in. I hated the fact those around me who I call my friends will actually lie to me. I mustn't physically confront him, it'll only make matters worse. I'll stick with verbal confrontations for the time being.
 
"TELL ME DONGHAE!" I shouted.
 
"There's nothing you need to know."
 
"I know you guys are hiding something from me," I said softly.
 
The tone in my voice changed completely. Donghae paused, not for a few seconds, but for almost the whole minute. I waited impatiently for him to speak. After the minute passed, he still didn't say anything. I thought he wasn't going to reply, so I decided to speak again.
 
"Donghae, I know this is important. Why do I keep having all these blurry flashbacks? Who's the girl in the picture?" I asked.
 
"It's Taeyeon!" he shouted. "Who else can it be?"
 
My eyes widened. Not because of who he said it was, but because of how fast he replied to me. After I asked the question, he immediately shouted out that it was Taeyeon. I was getting tired and fed up with everyone's lies. I don't want to play their games anymore. At this point, I know that it's Jennifer. But the question isn't who she is anymore, it's why was she in my flashbacks?
 
"You're lying..." I whispered ever so softly.
 
Suddenly, I heard a few creaks and sounds coming from behind the front door. I raised an eyebrow but chose to just ignore it, I was probably hearing things because of how quiet Donghae's house was. So quiet that, you can hear both of our heavy breathings. Donghae's nervous breaths, my hot tempered breaths.
 
"I know the person in my flashbacks is important to me," I said. "Can you just tell me who it is? I know you know."
 
"What's the point on trying to remember the past?" he asked.
 
"You don't know what it's like to not be able to remember anything before my accident. I seriously don't care if it's bad memories, I know that there will be at least one memory that's worth remembering," I said sadly.
 
"You have Taeyeon, just forget her already."
 
His reply struck me. The her he was referring to must be the girl in my blurry flashbacks, it must be Jennifer. These flashbacks only started replaying almost every minute ever since I saw her the first time at the supermarket, she must be the reason to all this. What did she do that everyone had to hide her from me? Every time I see her, I feel all uneasy and there's this familiarity between us.
 
I know she feels it too, but she's just hiding everything from me with the others.
 
I sighed.
 
"Donghae, are we still friends?" I asked him softly.
 
He sighed.
 
"Yes. It's Jennifer that's appearing in your flashbacks," he finally gave in.
 
I smiled, knowing that the girl that I've been looking for for two years is Jennifer. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt really relieved and all the pressure that I once had on my back, seem to died down just because of the truth Donghae told me. I couldn't help it, I was starting to get really happy. I guess the fact that Taeyeon wasn't the girl that I've been looking for, made me feel a lot better.
 
"But..." I began. "Why was she in my flashbacks?"
 
"Because you once loved her, and she felt the same. You guys were close to dating but she had to leave for San Francisco," he said.
 
Everything Donghae said seems to be answering the questions that's been lingering in my mind for ages.
 
"You guys argued almost everyday at school over nothing... it was so obvious that you both had a thing for each other, everyone in the school knew, but the two of you," he laughed. "And I was stupid enough to chase after her even though I knew she liked you."
 
"Bu—"
 
"Let me finish before I regret telling you everything," he said calmly. "The night she left you all alone to leave to San Francisco, was the same night as your accident. We all didn't want you to remember those painful memories, so we decided to not talk about it. Everything was easier because you had amnesia."
 
"So... I never liked Taeyeon?" I raised an eyebrow.
 
"You'll have to ask yourself that. You dated her because you wanted to forget about Jennifer, but I guess it didn't work. You were right when you said it's hard to move on from Jennifer," he sighed. "I got a little tingly inside when I hugged her at your birthday party."
 
My head started to ache. I held onto it with both of my hands, hoping to ease the pain. Suddenly, all these flashbacks kept replaying in my mind, the same flashbacks as the ones that I've had for the past two years. The only thing different about these ones is the fact that they were clear, not blurry.
 
[FLASHBACKS]
"Good luck loser."
 
"I don't want to fight with you anymore..."
 
"Yes, blame it all on me. It's my fault that I couldn't control my stupid heart and let it fall for someone else."
 
"Don't leave... me."
 
"We are not friends, we are enemies..."
 
"Even though we argue everyday, even though I call you a dummy, even though I may seem like I hate you on the outside, I don't. I thought we were friends, Jennifer. I really thought we were."
 
"I like you."
 
"Why did you have to make it so hard for me to move on from you?"
 
"If I want to leave, no one can stop me. Not even you..."
 
"Thank you Jennifer... for giving me the strength to fight for the championship."
 
"Did you forget all about the two weeks after I confessed to you? Did you forget your actions? You're the one that kept me waiting, and I'm sorry that I couldn't wait any longer. You're the one that pushed me away from you, you refused to talk to me yet, you're here blaming me when it's your fault we're like this now."
 
"It's not my fault Jaejoong, it's yours..."
 
"Donghae is the one I love, we're moving to San Francisco together."
 
"Goodbye Jaejoong."
[END OF FLASHBACKS]
 
I saw her face clearly.
 
Everything started sinking in. Before I know it, I regained my memories and everything seem to be so clear now. I suddenly wanted to break down on my knees, I want to see Jennifer and explain to her that everything was a misunderstanding between Taeyeon and myself. But I'm pretty sure that Jennifer knows what's going on. Why isn't she doing anything?
 
"Why did you guys leave to San Francisco together?" I asked him.
 
"It was a favour for her..." he faked a chuckle. "She was engaged to some guy named Kikwang, the one that we saw at your party. She didn't want you to know so we acted like we were dating, and flew to San Francisco together. Then a month later, I came back and you lost all your memor—"
 
"I need to see her right now, Donghae," I cut him off.