Chapter 10.

Please Stay With Me.

Please Stay With Me | Chapter 10

[2 YEARS LATER]
One month later after we arrived at San Francisco, Donghae went back to Korea. He never contacted me ever since, and that surprised me and kept me assuming a whole heap of things. I'm wondering whether something major happened back in Korea because, Jaejoong didn't contact me either.
 
Actually, there's nothing surprising about that. I never expected Jaejoong to even contact me...
 
Though, Jessica and I still talk over the phone once in a while but everything changed. Our conversations won't even last for more than ten minutes, she comes up with different excuses all the time saying she's busy and needs to work. What happened? No one will give me a proper answer, so I'll have to find out myself.
 
The first few months at San Francisco was deadly. I couldn't sleep, eat or do anything properly. I couldn't concentrate and kept pissing my Mum off. But my future husband Lee Kikwang, got my mind off things most of the time. We got along really well ever since we met on the first day. We have a lot in common.
 
Because of him, I was able to have sweet dreams again. Because of him, I was able to feel what it's like to be happy again. Because of him, I was able to stop thinking about Jaejoong for almost a year and a half. Because of him, I've got permission to go back to Korea for a one month holiday.
 
Kikwang and I waited for a taxi outside the airport. After we caught one, we started heading towards the house Nicole and I lived in before we left for San Francisco. I'm glad Mum didn't sell the house yet, and I still had the keys and everything.
 
When we arrived home, Kikwang helped me carry my bags upstairs to my room. After we finished unpacking, I decided to help clean the house. Everywhere was covered in dust and I've got asthma, it'll only make it worse. Kikwang helped me, he's such a gentleman. After we finished cleaning, we dropped onto the couches and just laughed.
 
"You hungry?" I asked him.
 
He nodded. Since there was no food at all in the kitchen, we decided to go out to a restaurant to have dinner. We sold our cars, and it was getting dark so we decided to ride the bikes we had at home. I was leading the way. Kikwang wanted to over take me, but he always end up going to the wrong direction.
 
I was glad to see the restaurant still there. After two years, I thought it would've closed or something. When we arrived, we locked our bikes with chains against the poles. The restaurant we were eating at is called Follow That Way. I don't know why the owner decided to name it that, but it was nice name. It was part of the reason to why I love that restaurant and of course, their dishes are delicious.
 
When we entered, the restaurant was almost packed. Luckily, there was a table of four that was empty. We looked at the menu and couldn't decide what to eat, but I recommended jjajangmyeon to Kikwang, it's my favourite.
 
After Kikwang agreed to eat the same thing as me, we decided to get a large plate and share it between the two of us. As we were happily eating and talking, two people entered the restaurant and caught my eyes. Since we were sitting far back at the corner, I couldn't determine who it was. One things for sure, I know them.
 
The girl had long and blonde hair with a straight fringe. While the guy had a short haircut, with no fringe at all.
 
As they started to come closer, I realised who they were. I was surprised to see them linking arms, I never knew they'll start going out. I started smiling and shouted their names out loud, getting everyone's attention.
 
"JESSICA! DONGHAE!"
 
Kikwang jumped a bit in his seat, what a cutie. Jessica and Donghae cluelessly browsed around the restaurant. I noticed their eyes looking towards my direction, but then they turned around. I guess they couldn't recognise me. I raised my arm up and waved to catch their attention. They spotted me. After they stared at me for a few seconds, they gasped and started running towards our table.
 
"Jennifer!" Jessica squealed.
 
I shared a friendly hug with the two of them and told them that they should have dinner with us. Kikwang swapped seats and sat beside me, so Jessica and Donghae could sit together. I introduced my two best friends to Kikwang. Kikwang got along with Donghae in no time.
 
"You look so different," Jessica said.
 
"You too. I love your hair," I complimented her.
 
We started to catch up and talked about all the things I missed out on. They started going out a year ago, a few months after Donghae came back. Donghae also said that he told Jessica about our fake relationship before we left, and that it was all just an act. I suddenly wanted to ask them about Jaejoong, but it's probably better if I don't, since Kikwang was there.
 
"Are you two... going out?" Donghae asked Kikwang and myself.
 
Kikwang and I turned to each other and just laughed.
 
"We're getting married," the two of us proudly said out loud.
 
Proud? It was a lie. I wasn't proud at all. Kikwang is a nice guy, but during the two years since we've met, I've realised that I don't see him that way. I only thought of him as an elder brother that I can rely on, not a lover. I don't know what Kikwang is thinking but I don't think he likes me that way either.
 
Since it's an arranged marriage, we have no choice but to obey with our parents.
 
-
 
The next day, Kikwang and I agreed that I'll show him around Korea. We had the whole day planned starting from 8am. First, we're going to a fast food restaurant and have breakfast, second we'll go to the amusement park for a few hours, third we'll go have lunch at a food court inside a shopping centre, forth we'll go shopping for souvenirs and all that, fifth we're going to a restaurant which I recommended, and lastly, we'll go to Me Ice Cream, where I used to work at, where my sister used to be the owner.
 
After we had breakfast, we headed towards the amusement park by public transport. We didn't bother renting a car, we thought it would be funner to get there by ourselves. We went on plenty of rides such as, the roller coaster, the ferris wheel, the haunted house and much more. The haunted house ride was so deadly, I almost lost my voice from screaming by the time the ride ended.
 
Kikwang won a Spongebob plush toy! It was as long as my arms, you can imagine how big that it. It was adorable.
 
"Here," he handed me the toy.
 
My eyes widened as I stared at him. I didn't want to take it from him, since he won it. He'll probably want to bring it back home to San Francisco and treasure it as a memory. I shook my head and refused to accept it, but he insisted.
 
"Poor Spongebob, even Jennifer doesn't want you," he pouted.
 
Just when Kikwang was making his way towards the rubbish bin, I gasped. Before he dropped Spongebob into the bin, I ran towards him and grabbed it out of his hands. I hugged Spongebob tightly and softly kissed his spongey cheek.
 
"Thank you, Kikwang!" I squealed.
 
Kikwang laughed and reached out to me and started ruffling with my hair, which reminded me of an incident that happened almost two and a half years ago. It was the day after Donghae confessed me. I was watching the basketball team practice in the main hall when suddenly, Donghae came to sit down beside me in the crowd.
 
Before he left me, he ruffled and completely messed my hair up. I smiled remembering the times back in high school. I miss how Donghae and I used to be so close, now we've completely drifted apart because I had to leave.
 
"What are you smiling at? It's just Spongebob," he laughed.
 
"Nothing important," I replied. "What do you mean it's JUST Spongebob? Spongebob is the cutest little sponge ever!"
 
I just made a fool of myself. Kikwang started cracking up and I faked a grumpy face. Apparently, he was too busy laughing he didn't notice my expression. Watching him laugh, automatically made me laugh. We were like retards in the middle of all the game stalls in the amusement park.
 
Since Kikwang won me a Spongebob plush toy, I decided that I should get him something in return. After failing almost five rounds to win a men's watch for him, I wanted to break down the entire stall. How the hell am I supposed to pop three black balloons in three shots? That man by the stall is a joke.
 
On my sixth attempt, Kikwang helped me pop the first two black balloons. I told him that I wanted to pop the last one. As I positioned myself, with my right leg in front and left at the back, I started to aim. I squinted my right eye and kept my left one open, I started to my lips and was ready to throw the stick.
 
If I don't get this one, I'm seriously going to cry.
 
I finally threw it. I watched as the stick made its way towards all the balloons. Suddenly, the time seem to be going by so slow. A second seemed like half a minute. I thought I would miss it again, but I didn't. I heard a loud pop and I looked around the bunch of balloons and noticed a black balloon was popped.
 
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!" I shouted as I jumped onto Kikwang.
 
We claimed our prize and had a good look at the watch. It was a white leather watch.
 
Kikwang had troubles putting it on, so I decided to help him. I carefully took the watch out of his pair of hands and wore it on his left wrist. The watch was really nice. After we finished claiming our prize, I picked up my Spongebob that I left by my side. We left the amusement park.
 
We took the bus down to the city and went into a rather huge shopping centre. We went to the food court and bought kimbap to eat, it was delicious. After we had a nice meal, Kikwang and I went shopping. Well, it was more like I went shopping with Kikwang helping me hold my bags.
 
I bought a few summer tops because the tops in San Francisco are uglier than ever. I also bought a dress for Nicole, it was dark blue colour with really thin straps. I think she'll like it.
 
We finished walking around the shopping centre earlier than we planned. I checked the time on my watch and realised it was only 3:17pm, way too early. We suddenly changed plans on the spot. We're going back home and put all our shopping bags and my Spongebob back, then we'll go to the Supermarket near my house to shop for some groceries and make dinner ourselves.
 
Then after dinner, we'll go to Me Ice Cream as planned.
 
As soon as we arrived in the Supermarket, Kikwang took a trolley with us and we started throwing random snacks and food inside. We need some snacks for the empty cupboards, we aren't going to go out for every meal for the whole month.
 
We walked towards the frozen food area, where it's so cold. We chose a box of ice cream and threw it into the half filled trolley. As we kept laughing and deciding what else we should get, someone that looked oddly familiar walked passed us.
 
I stopped my tracks and Kikwang immediately stopped pushing the trolley and stared cluelessly at me. I turned around to see a familiar back and for some reason, I was hoping that it isn't him. One of his hands was holding a basket filled with groceries, while his other hand... was holding onto a girl's hand.
 
They were all lovey dovey from the back. I didn't want to believe my eyes, but I'm afraid that I have to. I think it is him. If he didn't grow taller, then their height is a match. In the middle of my thoughts, I noticed the couple stopped walking.
 
The girl opened the refrigerator and took out the same ice-cream that I bought. Half of his face was facing me and that's when I know for sure, that he's Kim Jaejoong...
 
As he laughed at the girl as she tries to get out a box from the back, he turned to his right, at my direction. I was expecting him to run up to me and hold me into his arms, I was at least expecting him to walk up to me and shout at me, asking me what took me so long to get back to Korea.
 
Instead, all I received was a soft smile. Before I could react to his smile, him and the girl started walking off. Before they turned around the corner, I saw the frown on half of his face. Is he unhappy about the fact that I'm back? Is he angry at me because I left him for two whole years?
 
I was left wondering, whether that girl was his girlfriend or not...