D-DAY

This Happened Before

Ft. island - I'm A Foolish Person http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBH9BwIyxtU&feature=relmfu

 

L bopped his head up and down as the music pulsed. Girls danced around him as if he was a strip pole. The alcohol had an effect on him as he danced with random girls. He couldn't hear his phone ringing because of the loud club music, he also didn't feel his phone vibrate since he was busy dancing. After almost of an hour of dancing, L headed to the seats and sat down beside L.Joe, who was still busy solving his rubix cube for the nth time.

"don't you have anything better to do?" L asked as he took a sip of his drink.

L.Joe shrugged "i have a fascinating life."

"wanna drink?" L offered his beer.

"don't you have some place to be right now?" L.Joe said, still not looking up from his rubix cube.

L blinked "what do you mean?"

"i thought tonight was the night of _____'s art presentation in the museum."

Sudden wave of realization hit him and suddenly all the alcohol in his system disappeared. He facepalmed himself for forgetting it and stood up. he grabbed his coat and was about to walk out of the club when Chunji stopped him, beside him was the y bartender earlier.

"going soon?" Chunji asked, obviously drunk.

"I forgot i had something to do." L mumbled.

"well, be careful out there, it's raining hard. Roads tend to be slippery." the bartender said as she and Chunji walked towards a private room.

L quickly headed out of the club. The bartender wasn't joking when she said it was raining hard. He jumped into the first bus headed towards the City Museum and pulled out his phone. He internally groaned as he noticed how many times you called him and how many text messages you have sent him.

"ahjussi, can you go any faster?" L asked, not caring if he sounded like an impolite jerk.

"the traffic's heavy, son" the driver answered. L sighed and looked out of the window. He now felt how stupid he was. Why did he let that girl dance with him? and one more question, why did he forget out the Museum presentation?

after a thirty minute bus ride, L got out and quickly ran towards the Museum. He almost slipped because of the wet floor. He stopped on his tracks as he saw people walking out of Museum, it seemed like the presentation was over and everyone was going home.

L looked around for you and spotted you walking down the stairs, shoulders slumped, and your cheery smile was no were in sight. You finally noticed him standing near you and you looked at him.

"____-ah.."

"where were you?" You asked him quietly.

"____-ah, mianhe.."

"I said where were you?!" you shouted, making L cringe. You looked at him, your eyeliner was smudged and your make up was messy "didn't you know i waited for you to come? I waited for you to show up? Didn't you know i had a hard time explaining my painting because you weren't there in the crowd?"

L looked at you, he didn't know what to say. Should he apologize first or explain about where he was earlier?

"I was expecting you to come..." You sniffed "but you didn't."

"___-ah, mianhe. I was..."

"i bet you went drinking didn't you?" You glared at him, L looked at you and was shocked. he didn't know that a girl like you, cheerful and lovable, could throw a glare like that.

"well? I guess you did go drinking." you said as you wiped eyes, you pushed him away and started walking home. The rain started pouring down hard. 

L quickly followed you "____-ah, please let me explain..."

"NO" You turned around and glared at him "I don't want to hear your excuses oppa. You'd tell me you went out with your friends. You'll tell me you had a good time." you sniffed "You know, everytime someone says bad things about you, i protect you. I know you're always late in class because you drink every night."

L sighed "just please hear me out."

"i don't want to hear you out, oppa." You sighed as well "cause it's all that I do these days. I always listen to your excusses." you then turned around continued walking down the street.

"____-ah" L followed you.

"leave me alone." You said as you quickened your pace.

"if you would let me explain..."

"No" You repeated and walked faster.

"Mianhe.."

"I said leave me alone!" You shouted and ran away from him, not noticing that the pedestrian light was red. A truck was headed towards you, the road was too slippery.

 

CRASH!

 

 

L froze. It was all so fast. The truck driver got out "i'm s-sorry! i-i didn't k-know she was crossing! It was slippery...and the brakes.." but L couldn't hear the driver's explanation. His heartbeat was fast as he saw you laying on the floor, your own blood spreading slowly on the pavement. He quickly crouched beside you and lifted your head onto his lap "_____-ah? baby? _____-ah?"  his hands trembled as he saw your warm blood on his hands.

"somebody call an ambulance!" he shouted. The driver quickly ran to find help.

"_____-ah, wake up. I'm sorry. Please open your eyes." L lightly shook your shoulders.

 

-

L paced outside the operating room. He was worried sick about you. His clothes were stained of your blood.

'oppa i'm scared' you whimpered as L slowly wiped away the blood off your knees.

'don't be silly, it's just a little cut.' L blew lightly on your wound. He looked at you 'does it still hurt?'

you shook your head 'anio, it feels better now that you're here with me oppa.'

 

He was zoinked back to reality when he heard the doors open. The surgeon walked out and looked at L. he shook his head "I'm sorry but..."

"no.." L cut him off "she's okay right?"

"Mr. Kim, Ms.Lee ____ suffered a hit..."

"she's alright, i can see her now right? right?!" L stared at the surgeon's bloodied gloves.

"we did the best that we could...but i'm sorry...."

"No...No..." L shook his head and clutched the sides of his head "please no..."

"She's gone, i'm sorry."

 

[[i in writing dramas -___- THANKS FOR READING! *gives cookies*]]