Part Three

I'm Sorry Yeollie

 

“Lee Sungyeol’s family?” The doctor asked them. Myungsoo quickly ran towards the doctor. The rest just move slowly towards the doctor. The person who walked the slowest of course is Hoya. He is still trying to stand up when everyone were questioning the doctor. Changjo who saw the scene, went quickly to help Hoya. Hoya mouthed thanks and walked towards the other.

          “I’m his husband.” Myungsoo quickly introduced himself to the doctor.

          “Well, I’m Dr. Baekhyun. I was in charge on your hus-…I mean wif-…your hus-…I mean your wife!” Dr. Baekhyun finally say it, “Fortunately, he surpassed the critical state and currently being placed in a ward by the nurses. He just hurt his head a bit and lost many blood there and fortunately, there were no other parts of his body that was hurt. You can visit him later after the nurses had settled him down first,” The doctor stopped talking and almost walked away but the doctor remember another fact, “By the way, we managed to save the baby in your hus-…I mean your wife because gratefully the accident didn’t damage the condition of the baby at all. It’s a miracle. Most pregnant woman lost their baby due to an accident like this,” Dr. Baekhyun said.

          “Sungyeol is pregnant?” Myungsoo asked.

          “Yes. You didn’t know about it? The baby is already four weeks old already or we could say a month old already. You really need to take care of your wife or she-… I mean he could lost the baby,” the doctor smiled reassuringly to Myungsoo and pat his back, “Now, if you guys wouldn’t mind, I need to excused myself as I have another patients to attend to,” Dr. Baekhyun bowed to them and excused himself, “I’ll call you when Lee Sungyeol can be visited but for awhile, please wait outside.” The doctor soon can’t be seen anymore.

          “Myungsoo, congratulations! You’re going to be a father! I didn’t know Sungyeol can get pregnant but anyway it’s a good news,” Hoya smiled as he reminisced the time when he received the news he was pregnant. Both Dongwoo and him were happy when they heard the news. Since then, Dongwoo always take good care of Hoya, afraid of anything could happen to their future baby. But being a busy and forgetful person he is, he sometimes forget to help his wife sometime.

          “Yeah,congratulations! I hope I was pregnant too,” Sunggyu muttered the last sentence under his breath, “ But first let’s go and see how was Sungyeol doing. The nurse had been calling us just now.”

~ Sungyeol’s room ~

All of them went inside the room and they were shocked to see a few numbers of machines attached to Sungyeol’s body. Myungsoo looked like he could break down and burst into tears any second now. His heart shattered seeing his love laid weakly on the bed. He quickly walked to Sungyeol’s side and hold his hand. He can’t hold on to his tears anymore. His tears just fall simultaneously without him noticing it. He promised to himself that he wouldn’t cry for anything bad that happened but will cry only on a happy day or a happy occasion that he worships the best. He didn’t realize he would cry today because of Sungyeol.

          “Honey, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to say all those things. I was angry back then. I can’t live without you,” Myungsoo pleaded the unconscious Sungyeol.

          “Hyung, calm down. He’ll be fine.” Changjo tap Myungsoo’s shoulder. The others sympathized him.

 

Soon, everyone fell asleep. It was like 3 A.M in the morning. Everyone waited for Sungyeol to wake up from deep slumber. Only Myungsoo was up, holding Sungyeol’s hand while admiring the latter’s beauty that he didn’t see before.

          “ I never thought that my words hurt you. I’m the one who should be in your position, not you. You are just to precious and I totally blown up it all up. You could even remembered my birthday while I could barely remember our anniversary. I always went home late but you waited for me. I always went home tired and sometimes pissed off and sometimes I even released my anger at you but you welcomed me home with your sweet smile. You hold on to your tears that was on the verge of falling when I scold you. I can see that. You always stay at home alone when I went for work trips. Now, you are even carrying our love seed, I didn’t know that. I think I should be punished for all my bad doings toward you,” Myungsoo stood up, still holding Sungyeol’s hand, kissing Sungyeol’s forehead to his nose and finally to his lips. A tear fall on Sungyeol’s eyelid.

          Like a miracle, suddenly Sungyeol’s hand moved and his eyelids started to flutter open. Myungsoo cried in happiness.

          “Where am I? Is this hell? Since when hell is white in colour?,” Sungyeol looked to his side and saw Myungsoo, “ Myungsoo? What are you doing here? Am I in heaven? I can still see Myungsoo’s face…crying? Why are you crying?” Sungyeol lifted one of his hand to wipe the tears falling from Myungsoo’s eyes.

          ‘Oh how I miss those touches,” Myungsoo thought. Sungjong woke up slowly seeing Sungyeol had regained his consciousness.

          “Hyung! Wake up ! Sungyeol hyung had woke up,” Sungjong nudged Changjo and Sunggyu. Sunggyu woke up and is in the process waking up Woohyun. Sungjong shook Dongwoo and tap Hoya’s belly to wake them up.

          “Hey! Don’t tap me there. I’m sensitive there,” Hoya pouts. Sungjong just rolled his eyes at the scene of his childish hyungs.

All of them rushed to Sungyeol except Hoya, of course he was having difficulty to stand up. He had to walk slowly because of the baby. Dongwoo who remembered about his wife and went to help Hoya. But Hoya ignored and pushed the hand that Dongwoo extended towards him. Dongwoo smiled at his cute, pouting wife and hold his waist to help him walked.

          “I’ll call the doctor,” Sunggyu said and went out to search for any doctor in charge. A few minutes, Sunggyu came back with a doctor but it wasn’t Dr. Baekhyun instead it was Dr. Chanyeol as it written on his name tag. Sunggyu was tugging at the doctor’s sleeve as he was excited that Sungyeol finally woke up. Woohyun noticed the tugging that Sunggyu didn’t left yet. Just before Dr. Chanyeol was about to ask Sungyeol about his condition, Dr. Baekhyun came in. Dr. Baekhyun saw the tugging too and just rolled his eyes and went through Dr. Chanyeol and Sunggyu to break them off. Of course, why wouldn’t he be jealous of his own wife. Dr. Chanyeol just smiled sheepishly. The rest just looked at Dr. Chanyeol as he suddenly giggled. The rest looked at him with a questioning look on their face.

          “No, its nothing. Its funny seeing him being jealous over something like that,” The others understand that he was talking about Dr. Baekhyun.

          “Why would he be jeal-…” Sungjong was about to ask Chanyeol when Dr. Baekhyun answered the question.

          “He’s my wife,” Dr. Baekhyun answered as he continued checking up Sungyeol. The other gasped as they could not believe that the doctor was gay too, “Yeobo… I mean Dr. Chanyeol, please call the nurse and everyone could stay outside for awhile as we continue to check on Mrs. Kim,” Everyone laughed at Dr. Baekhyun’s now flushed red face and everyone walked out from the room.

          The rest were sitting outside until all of them decide to go home as it was 5 in the morning and everyone looked tired.

          “Hyung, I’m going home because my mom want to know about Sungyeol hyung’s condition,” Sungjong said.

          “I’m going home too as Hoya need some rest and the baby need to eat too,” Dongwoo just smiled at Myungsoo.

          “I’m going home too as I had work to do. We’ll visit Sungyeol again in the evening,” Woohyun said. All of them forbids goodbye and walked away.

          Myungsoo was waiting outside, anxious to know about the result. Soon, all of the machine that was attached earlier to Sungyeol was brought out from the room. Then, lastly, Dr. Baekhyun came out and signaled Myungsoo that he can visit Sungyeol. Myungsoo rose from his seat and stood in front of the room. He can’t face his own wife at this time. He took a deep breath and place his delicate fingers on the door handle. He opened it and went inside.

He was shocked to see Sungyeol sitting on the bed and trying to pull off the IV drip from his wrist. Myungsoo ran towards Sungyeol.

“Yeollie! Yeollie!” Myungsoo holding both of Sungyeol’s hands above Sungyeol’s head. “Sungyeol!” Myungsoo left Sungyeol’s hands and cupped Sungyeol’s face. Sungyeol was closing his eyes, unable to look into Myungsoo’s eyes after he had tried committing suicide.

[Sungyeol’s P.O.V]

I’m not opening my eyes… I’m not opening my eyes… I’m not opening my eyes! He would scold me again… He would scold me again…

          “Sungyeol, open your eyes and tell me what you were trying to do?!” Myungsoo yelled at me.

[End of Sungyeol’s P.O.V]

         

          “Sungyeol, open your eyes and tell me what you were trying to do?!” Myungsoo yelled at Sungyeol. His voice tone was slightly increased. Sungyeol flinched a bit, hearing Myungsoo yelling at him. Myungsoo’s heart shattered, again, watching his wife unable to even looked at him and even scared of him!

 

          ‘What have I done until he was even scared of me? Oh God, forgive me for giving such a hard time towards my wife,’ Myungsoo thought.

          “Open your eyes…Open it!” Myungsoo can’t hold it in no more. Sungyeol’s eyes fluttered open but seeing Myungsoo’s gaze in front of him, he felt like closing them again but afraid of being scolded again, he just open his eyes but avoid Myungsoo’s gaze and hung his head low. Tears are slowly falling from his cheeks.

          “Look at me!” Sungyeol shook his head slowly at Myungsoo. Myungsoo can feel Sungyeol’s hand trembling in his grips. He didn’t want to make it worsen anymore. He wanted to set things straight.

          “Answer my question…” Myungsoo pleaded but Sungyeol stayed quiet, sobbing, “Answer me!” Sungyeol flinched again before him answering.

          “I’m sorry for trying to commit suicide… *sobbed* I knew I had caused many trouble to you * sobbed* Just let me go,” Sungyeol said, “I’m supposed to be dead now…*sobbed* but instead I was alive and now worrying you and even our friends *sobbed* I’m no use…I don’t want to live and keep worrying people again *sobbed* Nobody loved me any-…” Myungsoo kissed Sungyeol to stop Sungyeol from uttering those painful words to Myungsoo. Sungyeol kissed back. Sungyeol was sobbing into the kiss. He can’t stop it. Sungyeol’s tears falling on Myungsoo’s nose. Myungsoo pulled away from the kiss and pt down Sungyeol’s hands down and cupped Sungyeol’s face to wipe the tears away with his thumbs. Myungsoo’s stare started to soften. Sungyeol can look into Myungsoo’s eyes. Myungsoo took that moment to look at those big, doe eyes. Those eyes were mesmerizing time to time.

          “I’m sorry *sobbed* I’ve always caused troubles and worrying you *sobbed* You said you regretted marrying me *sobbed* you can divorce me. I’ll try to forget you. You can move *sobbed* on without me -…” Sungyeol was about to say more when Myungsoo put his index finger in front of Sungyeol’s lips.

          “What are you talking rubbish about? No need to be sorry and apologized. You’re my moodmaker. Even though I’m tired, exhausted and stressed from work, you always make me laugh and smile. I didn’t regret marrying you. The only thing I’ve regretted doing is letting you get hurt yourself and I wasn’t there to protect you. I can’t forget you even though I’ll live for a thousand years or so. I’ll never ever letting you wander off my radar even a centimeter away from me. I’ll rather die the letting you go from me. I can’t bring myself to move on with another person if the person wasn’t you,” Myungsoo let out everything while caressing Sungyeol’s face. Sungyeol cried again.

          “I was a fool, letting out my anger on you. You’re the only one for me and I was blind. I was worried something would have happened to you. You might’ve been kidnapped or killed. I regretted saying those things. You are even carrying my baby. Why didn’t you tell me?”

          “I… was planning to tell you…on *sobbed* your birthday. I’m sorry we can’t celebrate your birthday,”

          “Shhh…its nothing. I’m sorry for ruining your plans,” Myungsoo hugged Sungyeol’s waist and Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo’s neck. Sungyeol bursted crying at the crook of Myungsoo’s neck. Myungsoo just kept on caressing Sungyeol’s hair. Myungsoo’s shirt was no soaked with Sungyeol’s tears.

          After awhile, Myungsoo broke the hug and Sungyeol had calmed down a bit from crying.

          “Are you okay now? Feeling better?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol just nodded.

          “Sleep, then. The guys are coming here in the evening. You’ll need some rest,” Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol’s body carefully, not wanting to hurt the latter. Myungsoo was about to walk towards the sofa when Sungyeol pulled him. Myungsoo put a questioning expression on his face.

          “Sleep with me,” Sungyeol scooted a bit to give Myungsoo some space. Myungsoo took off his shoes and joined Sungyeol on the bed. Myungsoo embraced Sungyeol while Sungyeol rests his head on Myungsoo’s chest. Myungsoo kissed the latter’s forehead and both of them drifted to sleep.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Back with a new chapter! The next chapter will be the last so wait for it!

Thanks to the people who subcribed my oneshot!