CHAPTER ONE

SEVEN NOTES OF LOVE

 

The ear piercing sound of alarm clock awakened the sleeping Piano, as soon as she heard the noisy alarm clock she forced her-self to get out of the comfortable bed and drag her sleepy body to the bathroom. When she finished waking her-self with the cold water and already get her-self dressed, she sat on her comfortable seat and turn the television on.

"Something is missing..." she thought, after some thinking she finally figured out what the hell is missing. "It's the coffee."

She move to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, and after she finished it. She moved back to the comforts of her favorite seat.

It seems like a normal day for her, but she doesn't know what dish fate will serve her, for that day.

***

Kyuhyun woke up with a head splitting and brain cracking headache.

"Are you okay?" his best friend and house mate-- Henry asked.

"You have some guts to ask me that when you're the one who forced me to drink with you last night, you ty bastard," Kyuhyun snapped at him. "So much from you Dr. Henry," he sarcastically added.

"Well, it's true that I'm the one who ask you to drink, but I'm not the one who agreed and drank 10 bottles of beer. You know," Henry snapped back. With that said he gained a sharp glare from Kyuhyun.

"It's all because of that stupid puppy eyes!" Kyuhyun blamed. "I promise you. Do that again and I'll take it out of your sockets, so that you can't use it again" Kyuhyun threatened.

"Well, my cuteness and being irresistible isn't my problem anymore," he told him.

"Huh, cuteness my ! I only agreed to drink with you because you look pitiful" Kyuhyun smirked.

"Me, pitiful? Of course no! You can't just accept the fact that I'm to irresistible, that even my best friend since birth-- who knew me very well, can't resist my charms!" he sassed back.

"As you said Henry, as you said," Kyuhyun just said, sarcastically.

Moments of silence...

"Hey, by the way, someone called here earlier," Henry suddenly said, out of the blue.

"Now changing the topic," Kyuhyun teased.

"No," Henry defended, as Kyuhyun smirked. "It's just because some... Dr. Jung...? claiming that he's the doctor who diagnosed you, called here asking if you're still alive." Henry said, Kyuhyun flinched as he heard the, odd ball doctor's name.

"What did you tell him," he suddenly turned serious.

"That you're still alive of course," Henry said, in a as matter-of-fact tone.

"And, what did he say?" Kyuhyun asked again.

"That he'll send someone to take care of you," Henry answered.

"And what did you reply to him?" Kyuhyun seemed to be panicking now.

"I told him it's okay, since I'm heading to Seoul this day, and will be going for a medical mission in Africa tomorrow," Henry said.

"You should have said 'NO' " Kyuhyun frantically told him. Well, we can't blame this lad. Thinking of a possibility that the weird doctor's coming to take care of him, is one of his greatest nightmare. And it'a all because, he just can't take his weirdness.

"Why the sudden frantic voice?" Henry quirk an eyebrow. "And, both of us know that I can't decline the offer."

"So..." Kyuhyun said waiting for Henry to complete his sentence.

"So... I'm asking you to 'understand me', and do as he say... 'Kindly wait for her' " Henry said emphasizing his words.

"Her?" Kyuhyun asked dumbstruck... 'Did Dr. Jung, change his gender? as I know he's not gay' Kyuhyun thought.

"Yes, you heard me right. He told me that he'll send a nurse to take care of you," Henry told him, While picking the long for gotten glass of water and the medicine.

"Ohh, is that so?" Kyuhyun just said. while Henry handed him the glass of water and medicine. He finished drinking the medicine with just one gulp.

"Yes, that is so," Henry told him. "Can I leave now?" Henry asked, waiting for the approval.

"Yes, you can," Kyuhyun smiled at him.

***

When Piano arrived at the hospital, the Head nurse immediately told her to go to Dr. Jung's office.

Piano didn't find it odd, because the doctor is alway calling her on his office, and she find it really irritating.

"What now? Dr. Jung" Piano asked, because the doctor is just staring at her, for about half an hour now. To her relief the doctor removed his gaze from her, and started to get something on his drawer. After a minute of searching the doctor, revealed a brown envelope.

"Here," the doctor gave her the envelope, she was hesitant of what the envelope might contain, but decided to accept it by the way. When she opened it a paper which seemed to be like a patient's biography with a 1x1 photo latched in it, was what the envelope contains.

"So, what should I do with this?" She asked the weird old man in front of her.

"Simple, you want your vacation right?" the doctor asked, which earned an unsure nod from the nurse. "That's your vacation, the guy's on the countryside, and has Spinocerebellar Ataxia, and I want you-- to take care of him. Don't worry, you'll still have your monthly salary, but to make it quits for you, I'll double your salary."

"What?" she asked dumbstruck. she doesn't know where to react now, at the Countryside-Spinocerebeller Ataxia guy, or at the sudden salary increase, she's to confuse to react.

"That's all I want to say, he's expecting you to arrive tomorrow," the doctor told her.

"You can't do this to me! Dr. Jung, I demand an explanation right now!" she told the doctor.

"Well, you're the perfect person for the job," the doctor told her.

"Why? Why me? for Pete's sake, he's a ty pianist, and you know how much I hate piano," she told the doctor. "Can't you get somebody else for the job?"

"I know, but you and the Head nurse are the only nurse that I can trust here at this matter," the doctor explained. "And the Head nurse is to old to go to the countryside, you know."

"But--," Piano was about to argue, but the doctor continued her sentence.

"But what? Ms. Park, you hate piano? Will you grow up and stop the childish reason? That man needed you, and for God's sake he's sick and dying can't you just take care of him, as a professional nurse," the doctor told her, and he seemed to be angry, and have some points at what he said.

To her bewilderment, she nod.

"Good," the doctor said with a soothing vice. "You may leave," the doctor ordered her.

Much to her surprise, she didn't argue back and leave the place, like a person whose bewitched by the older man's voice.

'Ahh... why the hell is he so damn convincing... that old fart' Piano mentally cursed the doctor for his convincing speech.

***

The doctor sight in relief, he's been eyeing the girl for about a year now, ever since the day Kyuhyun walked out of his office and found him staring at the girl with a grateful smile on his face, for about a year now. He just hope that his patient can take really good care of her. As he described the girl as a Deer. She was graceful and beautiful, kind and gentle, but untamed.

"Hope, he don't mind," the doctor murmured to his-self.