Hyunseung: Backup

Gamers

 

   I woke up with a terrible pain in my head, wondering how long I had been asleep. That fake-heroic, stingy, greedy bastard who nearly took my life away, Yong Junhyung, were laying with his broad back turning at me. I remembered crying right in front of his face the night before and felt my cheeks burning at the thought. I cried like an annoying, childish little girl. In front of Yong Junhyung. Oh God… I covered my face with hatred and kicked his back. He turned around to look at me and chuckled:

   “What’s up, sleeping beauty?”

   “It’s your fault, you greedy bastard!” I growled and kicked him again, this time harder. He fell down the bed as a little result. He must have landed on something because I heard a loud squeak coming from the ground under him. I sat up and looked at him with curiosity:

   “What’s that?”

   “Pororo!” He held the stuffed blue toy penguin at my face. It squeaked in a happy way as he squished it. “I found it in __________’s closet! This is too much cuteness!”

   “Seriously?” I raised my eyebrows at him. A badass knight should never play with toy penguins. It would turn to an epic fail. “You are playing with a toy penguin? Why not your sword or Insane? Why does it have to be that embarrassing?”

   “But he looks just like you! See?” The latter held Pororo out and landed him on my shoulder. “Those doe-eyes, that mouth and the voice you two make are all the same.” He slowed down a little and gain his usual mischevious smirk back. “All make me crave for more.”

   Was it just me or he was really hitting on me? I gaped at Junhyung, but he just chuckled and stood up while taking his shirt of, revealing too much of a y body for me. I shrieked and snatched Pororo away from him to cover my innocent eyes:

   “What the heck on Earth are you freaking doing?”

   “What do you think I am doing?” He replied with a question and began to rummage through the closet. “Here it is!” He grinned pleasingly and pulled out a darkgrey T-shirt. I threw a pillow at him and threw myself down the bed again, avoiding any eye contact with him with a strange feeling that I was going to have a nosebleed as my face, no, my entire body turned into red while he was wandering around like that.

   “Y-y-yo-you… You…” I stammered with my hands trembling uncontrollably. My face was going on too much of red, and I felt like I could explode any moment soon. Well, physically, I couldn’t, but my mind did as soon as I bursted out in embarrasment. “Argh! Yong Junhyung, put some ing shirt on!”

   “Done!” He announced and I lifted my head off the bed. He was sitting on the other side of the bed, wearing his T-shirt and a leather jacket, looking more badass and attractive than ever before. No, wait… It’s not what it was supposed to… Argh! It’s his fault for messing up with my mind like this!

   “Get up and dress yourself, Seung,” He smirked. Since when did he start to call me Seung? “We need to see someone.”

   “Oh… alright.” I stood up and went back to the bedroom only to see my face almost bursted up with red. I showered with cold water and put some new clothes on. I walked out of the bathroom; water was still dripping down my shoulder. Junhyung looked at me for a thousandth of a second, and then smirked.

   “Let’s go. They are waiting. By the way, nice blushing before, Seung.”

   “Nice my .” I murmured and opened the door. Junhyung followed me, still holding Pororo on his hands. Yoonjie looked up from her book and nodded at us as a silent greeting. Yoseob waved at us cheerfully, but __________ just gaped at Junhyung. At that moment, I felt some kind of anger streaming all over my body. I just wanted to throw the girl out of the window, even though I still couldn’t pay for what I owed her. What the hell is going on?

   Are you jealous? A small, concious voice raised in my mind. I guess… Wait, what?

   “I’m not! I told you, I’m not!” I held my head with both hands and began to spin around in the same spot. “Just because she… he… I’M NOT, for crying out loud! Stop it! Argh! You! Shut the up for God’s love!”

   “Okay…” Yoonjie raised her voice, making me realize that I wasn’t talking to only myself lately. I was talking to myself, okay, but not in silence. I shouted everything I thought out loud. .

   “Hyunseung, I think you should stay at home.” Yoseob ordered as he patted my shoulder gently. “Rest some more and we will be back later.”

   “No!” I objected. “I’m coming with you!”

   “Hyunseung-ssi,” __________ halted. “We really think you should s…”

   “When I said I was coming with you,” I growled and glared at her. “I mean I AM coming with you, no matter if you like it or not. Yoseob, are we walking there or what?”

   “I’ll transport us there.” Junhyung volunteered.

   “I’m sorry, Junhyung-ssi, but we can’t.” Yoonjie stood up and closed her book. “They’ll find our trace everytime you use it. Mysterie called a cab already, so I think we should go.”

   “Yeah…” Junhyung gave a weak response and smirked at me.

   “What?” I glared at him, the same glare that freaked __________ out and made her cling up to Yoonjie like I was going to kill her any moment later. But Junhyung, in contrast, was so familiar with this that he just grinned at me mischeviously:

   “You looked cute talking to yourself like that.”

   Calm down, Hyunseung, calm down.

   “Shut the up or else I’ll kill you.”

   “Okay, enough with all of your smoochy-doochy.” Yoseob said and stood between us. “You still know there are other people here, right? Wait when our mission is complete, lovebirds.”

   “I’m not his… You too, Yang Yoseob? Are we still friends or not?” I stomped my feet and got out of the house, but both of them just smirked and took almost a second to catch up with me. I bit my lips in order not to burst up with anger any moment later and ignored them with my head held high.

 

 

   We ended up visiting a cemetery in the middle of nowhere. __________ led our way through the dusty track to a lonely grave on a hill, overlooking every scene of the places. Yoseob kneeled down next to the grave and brushed the dust out of the gravestone. I took a look at it and realized that it was Doojoon’s face on the gravestone. The Committee sent him away, so they must have created a fake body here so that no one would suspect his ‘death’. Junhyung squished Pororo again – he even took it into the cab – and gave it to __________. Her eyes widened in shock as she accepted it and put it down on the grave.

   “Dad, I’ll find you. I promise.” Her weak voice was soon drowned in the sound of the wind, but I swore I heard Doojoon’s laughter somewhere after that. Junhyung gave her a gentle hug as soon as tears began to rise in her eyes. Everyone went to comfort her, except for me. I thought I heard Doojoon, but it wasn’t him. I left the four of them there and started to run towards the place where the laughter came from.

   “Get down here fast.” I threatened and pulled my dagger out.

   Silence.

   “I told you to get down here!” I shouted angrily and threw the dagger up into the leaves of the tree. The sound of the dagger being caught was heard, and then two figures jumped down from the tree. One more step here and they are dead, I thought, searching for my favorite weapon lately.

   “Whoa there,” One of them stepped out from the bushes and raised his hands up in the air. “Easy, Hyunseung-sunbae, it’s us here. Her Majesty heard about the attack and she decided to send us here to help you. Is everyone else well?” He chuckled in the way that he thought was cool and flipped his hair. Urgh.

   “They’re fine.” I murmured and relaxed my stressed muscles. “Good afternoon, Zico.”

   He smirked and walked past me to take a look at the scene. The other one also stepped out of the woods and bowed at me respectfully. As he looked up, I sighed in relief. At least this one is better.

   “Hello, sunbae.” He smiled shyly.

   “Hey, Taeil.” I nodded at him and asked. “How did the Queen know about us?”           

   “It was Junhyung-sunbae’s badge. It started to shriek uncontrollably and Her Majesty felt that something was wrong. She sent us here immidiately after that, but it took us quite a long time to find you.”

   “We’re still fine.” I said. “Maybe you two should go home. I think we…”

   “Ah, I’m afraid we can’t.” Zico interrupted my sentence. “We’ve just received the information that the illegal hunters sent more Rooks here, and seeing the situation that you can’t even fight twenty of them without being injured, I think we have to…”

   “Woo Jiho!” Taeil winced.

   “Am I wrong, hyung?” He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

   “No, but…” The latter mumbled. “He is our sunbae and you should at least show some respect!”

   “Fine, if you say so.”

   I ignored both of them and started to walk back to Doojoon’s fake grave. They instantly followed me in silence. How I hate it when everyone can catch up with me.

   “Seung!” Junhyung called me. “Where have you gone? We couldn’t find you and Yoseob was very… Oh.” He frowned unpleasingly at the sight of Zico. Tell me about it.

   “The Queen sent them here as backup, so don’t complain.” I jumped down next to him and whispered. “Just thank God that Taeil is here. And remember to stop me whenever that young bastard spit out any disrespectful word.”

   “Fine.” Junhyung shrugged and we headed to where Yoseob and the others are.

   “Hyunseung-ssi…” __________ halted worriedly when she saw me. Junhyung told Yoseob and Yoonjie the news secretly and they both nodded. Yoonjie didn’t look very happy at the sight of Zico, and so did the latter. Taeil was shy, as usual, when he followed us without making a single sound. When __________ saw him, she bowed respectfully:

   “It’s a pleasure to see you again, sunbae.”

   “The pleasure is all mine.” He said.

   “It’s getting dark. We should go.” Yoseob ordered coldly and __________ stepped ahead to guide us out again. I kept silent and tried to enjoy the scene of the glowing sunset, but I just couldn’t take it when Zico was keeping that kind of attitude.

   “Calm down.” Junhyung said as he patted my back. I looked up at the sun and kept silent as we got out of the cemetery and left.

 

 

Author's words:

Hey, it's me again. Ah, we finally ended up with chapter 13. I hope you enjoy it. JUNSEUNG OVERLOADED <3<3<3<3<3 I still can't find a scene for your romance so I guess you'll have to wait a little more *I'm such a terrible author =.="* Still I will try to add as many JunSeung as possible. I hope you won't become fed up with it.

About the sequel to On Rainy Days, I think I will make one asap. I just need to find some more inspiration.

Thank you all for supporting me, and please look forward to more from now on!

I love you all <3