Expect the Unexpected

The True Meaning of Love

~Yonghwa’s POV~

                Everyone was eager to know the result of the audition. Shinhye got the role of Juliet. I’m so happy for her. Now, it’s time for the role of Romeo. I need to get the leading role, the role of Romeo, I WANT to pass the audition especially this time that Shinhye will be my Juliet.

                “Our Romeo will be…”

                Unfortunately, it was not me. She didn’t mention my name. Instead, she mentioned other’s name but this person really looks familiar… Wait… I know him… Don’t tell me its…

~End of POV~

                “Kang Min Hyuk. Let’s clap our hands.” The moderator proclaimed the person who will play the role of Romeo. Most of them got dissappointed, especially Yonghwa and Shinhye, of course. Most of them know that Yonghwa auditioned for the role of Romeo, too bad Seohyun doesn’t know, and believed that he would be chosen for the said role.

                Kang Min Hyuk was Yonghwa’s childhood friend. Yonghwa didn’t know that Minhyuk had already tranferred at his school and it’s really surprising to hear his name in an unexpected place and time. Of all the people who wished to be in that place, he can’t believe that it would be his frien, not just his friend, but the one who used to be his closest friend.

                “It should be me!” Yonghwa thought.

                “This is not happening.” Shinhye thought.

                “It’s impossible. What are you doing here?” Woori said as if she’s talking to chosen one.

~Minhyuk’s POV~

                I’m not really expecting that it would be me that I would be chosen for this but then, some part of me expect for this. Well maybe because, I’ve been into this BEFORE. I’ve been known for this, this drama thingy, I always get the lead role, I always get the attention of everybody, most especially the people who are behind those curtains on stage, and I hoping that those people that I’ve seen BEFORE, are still the people I see TODAY.

Flashback

                “Mother wants to talk with you. She wants you to go to the kitchen right now.” my little sistertold me.

                “Okay, thanks I will go now.” I said.

                I went to the kitchen right away. I really don’t have any idea why does she want to talk with me. Maybe, it regards to my school or maybe, she wants to send me to another school, AGAIN!

                “Oh, Minhyuk! You’re here. I just want to tell you something.” My mom immediately noticed my presence.

                “Yes, mom. What do you want to tell me? Is it about my school” I asked her.

                “You got it, my dear! I want you to return to your previous school” I knew it. She wants me to transfer to another school. And now, to my PREVIOUS SCHOOL? Two years ago, she suddenly transferred me to my current school without my consent. I don’t have a choice that time because she already enrolled me to another school here in Busan and now, she wants me to return to Seoul Performing Arts High School!?

                “Are you serious, mom? You want me to return to my previous school?”

                “You heard me, right? Didn’t you notice it? Ever since I transferred you to another school, you’ve changed a lot. I think you really miss your old friends so your dad and I decided to return you to Seoul.” I can’t believe that my parents noticed it.

                “But how about dad, mom? How about his work here?”

                “We will stay here in Busan, son. You will live with your cousins and aunt there. You’ve grown up, Minhyuk. I know you can face your own life even without us.” She smiled at me, and then I run towards her and hugged her.

                “I will definitely miss you, mom.”

                “I know. I will miss you too, my one and only son.”

                After a week, I went to my previous home, Seoul. I didn’t inform my old friends about my arrival because I’m scared that they will not accept me as their friend anymore. Probably, they are all angry because of what I did two years ago. When I enter my room, everyone started to stare at me until someone approached me.

                “Hi! Are you a new student here?” she asked.

                “Well, probably yes.”

                “Probably? What do you mean by that. By the way, my name is Seohyun.” She’s aware that everyone is starring at him that’s why she approached her. “How about you? What’s your name? It seems that everyone is interested on you. They’re all starring at you, can’t you see?”

                “My name is Minhyuk. I studied here before but we moved to Busan two years ago so I transferred to another school and now I came back. I think they used to know me.”

                “Oh, I transferred here two years ago that’s why your face is not familiar to me. Nice to meet you.” She offered her right hand to me.

                “Me too.” Then, we shook our hands. After few minutes, our teacher arrived.

                “Good morning, class” our teacher greeted, and then she looked at me.

                “So it’s true that you’ve returned already to this school. It’s nice to see you again, Mr. Kang.”

                “Thank you, ma’am.” After she dismissed our class, she confronted me.

                “Do you need something ma’am?” I asked.

                “The audition for our school play will start tomorrow and the play will be Romeo and Juliet. You’ve been the lead role of our play several times. You can audition, if you want.”

                “Well, I’ll try.” I said. The next day, I went to the Drama club’s room right away to audition for the role of Romeo.

End of the flashback

                I immediately go to the stage.

                “These two persons in front of you will be our main characters on our school play for this year. Let’s give them a round of applause.” Everyone clapped their hands, even my old friends, Yonghwa, Jonghyun, and jungshin. But there’s someone who didn’t even look at me just what I was expecting. She’s my close friend, not just a friend but a very special friend. She’s the real reason why I want to go back here. I want to see her again. She’s my girl, my Woori.

~End of Minhyuk’s POV~