The School Play (Romeo and Juliet)

The True Meaning of Love

 

It was a tropical morning for a simple girl walking through the gate, carrying her bag. Her sister, dara, didn’t accompany her to the school. They went to the school on their own.

                “Good morning, Shinhye!” Woori said while walking towards her.

                “Good morning, Woori!” said Hikari, who noticed a shadow coming from behind her.  She turned around and saw Yonghwa standing right behind her. Yonghwa looked down at the lovely lady.

                “Good morning, lady with a red ribbon.” Shinhye blushed and get embarrassed by the same time when she noticed the red ribbon in her hair so she thought that it’s better to remove it. She was about to remove the ribbon when Yonghwa put down her hand.

                “Don’t remove it. In fact, you really look cute wearing that red ribbon.” Yonghwa said and gave her a small, yet loving smile.

                “Actually, you’ve always been cute and lovely in my eyes.” Yonghwa thought.

                “Yah~too much for that! The bell is already ringing! We should go to our respective classes now.” Jonghyun interrupted the sweet moments. Woori just laughed. Yonghwa stared at him furiously with fire in his eyes, and then she turned to Shinhye.

                “I guess I will see you after the class.”

                “Sure! See you later.” Shinhye said, and then she went to her class with Woori.

                “See you later, huh!” Woori still teasing her while walking.

                “Shut up!” Shinhye said.

~LUNCH TIME~

                “Shinhye, we’re going to the canteen. Are you coming with us?” Woori asked Shinhye.

                “Mianhe, I promised to Seohyun that I will eat with her, maybe next time.”

                “Okay!” Woori said, and then they went to the canteen.

                Shinhye saw Seohyun standing at their front door. She smiled at her and she smiled back. Shinhye let her best friend to come in.

                “Seohyun-eonni! I have a new friend and we will meet later and I want to introduce him to you.” Shinhye was talking about Yonghwa.

                “Really? A guy friend, huh!? Sure, I want to meet him.”

                “Well, he’s really nice. I’m sure you will like him as a friend too. And guess what? This guy was the one I’m talking about the last day.”

                “Waaahh~I really want to meet that guy! I’m so excited. By the way, did you see the poster outside? Are you willing to join?”

                “Poster? What are you talking about?” Shinhye asked confusedly.

                “Oh, I almost forgot! You’re a new student here! Well, every year, the drama club always organize a play in this school. This is open for everyone who wants to join and this time, the play will be ‘Romeo and Juliet’. Those who are willing will audition to the drama club’s room later. You’re great in playing some roles, Shinhye. I know you can do it.” Seohyun cheered her best friend.

                “But I’m just a new student here.”

                “It doesn’t matter as long as you’re good enough to portray the role.”

~CLUB TIME~

                Woori, Victoria, and others went to Shinhye.

                “Hey, why are you starring at me like that?” Shinhye asked them.

                “Since you’re a new student here, we will lead you the way to the drama club’s room.” Victoria answered.

                “But wait, what will--…” the girls didn’t let her to speak. They grabbed her hands and pulled her to the drama club’s room.

                “What am I doing here?” Shinhye asked irritated.

                “You’re going to audition, right?” Woori said.

                “Audition? Who told you that I’m going to audition? I didn’t say that I was willing to audition.”

                “Well, your best friend told us that you have a hidden talent in acting. You can’t go back, we already put your name in the list, see?” Shinhye saw her name on the list.

                “This is your fault, Seohyun.” She thought.

                “Don’t worry, Shinhye. We’re going to support that’s why we’re all here to cheer you up, right classmates?” all of them agreed to Victoria.

                “Well, I don’t really have a choice” Shinhye thought.

                “Who’s next? Ms. Park Shin Hye?” the moderator of the club already called her name.

                “Yeah, she’s already here! She will audition for the role of Juliet.” Woori answered for her.

                “What? Are you kidding me?” Shinhye starting to become nervous.

                “Don’t worry, you can do it. Go!” Woori pushed her to the door, and then closed it.

                Outside, they can hear the voice of Shinhye, saying the line of Juliet.

                “Well, she’s really great!” Woori said.

                After 30 minutes, Shinhye went out.

                “Shinhye! You’re great! I know you can do it. I’m sure you will get the role of Juliet.” Victoria said.

                “Thanks but I hope I will not get the role.”

                “Yahhh~don’t say that! Bastard!” Woori said.

~AFTER THE CLASSES~

                “You, Seohyun, get ready now! I shall make my revenge” She thought.

                “Hi, Shinhye! You’re going to introduce me to your new friend, I mean to your crush, right?” Seohyun greeted her.

                “Seohyun-eonni, I shall give you a punishment.” Shinhye glared at her.

                “What? Why? Let me guess; is that because of the audition?” Shinhye nodded, and then Seohyun laughed.

                “I just tell them the truth. Hahaha”

                “You shouldn’t have done that” Shinhye still looks irritated. Seohyun continued to laugh when Jonghyun interrupted their conversation.

                “Shinhye, he can’t meet you for now. He needs to submit some important paper today. I’m sorry.” Jonghyun told her.

                “Please tell him that it’s fine with me.”

                “Okay, I have to go. Bye!” Jonghyun leave them. You can see the sadness on Shinhye’s face.

                “I guess I can’t meet him today. Maybe next time.” Seohyun tried to make her best friend smile

                “Yeah- right. There will always be next time.”  Shinhye finally smiled.

                Shinhye went home together with Seohyun. After working on her assignments, she visited her account on facebook. Then, someone chatted her.

This is their conversation…

Yonghwa: I’m so sorry about what happened a while ago :’(

Shinhye: No, you don’t have to be sorry it’s fine with me :))

Yonghwa: Don’t worry, I will try to meet you next time.

Shinhye: I'll be looking forward for that.

Yonghwa: By the way, I’ve heard that you auditioned for the role of Juliet. :DD

Shinhye: My classmates forced me to audition -_-

Yonghwa: They told me that you were really great in the audition. Actually, when I heard that you auditioned for the role of Juliet, I tried to audition for the role of Romeo :))

Shinhye: Really? I hope both of us will pass the audition.

Yonghwa: I hope so ^-^

 

                The next day, the moderator of the drama club will announce who passed the role of Romeo and Juliet. Everyone was excited.

                “The girl who will be playing the role of Juliet is… Ms. Park Shin Hye!” everyone clapped their hands especially her best friend and Yonghwa.

                “I hope I will be chosen to play the role of Romeo” Yonghwa thought.

                “And our Romeo will be…”

 

Shinhye was chosen to play the role of Juliet. How about the role of Romeo?