Now That We're Friends

The True Meaning of Love

Shinhye’s POV

                When I woke up this morning, it’s already 9:30am. It’s Saturday so it’s fine if I woke up late for today when I accidentally remembered something.

                “OH MY~the birthday party!”I said to myself. I checked my cellphone and saw a message from Woori.

To: Shinhye

From: Woori

                It’s You’s birthday today so don’t forget to wake up early. You should be there at exactly 10am. See you later! ^-^

PS: DON’T BE LATE.

                “O-kay, I really need to hurry.” I said to myself.

                I went to the bathroom right away to take a bath, and then I brushed my teeth, and wear my clothes. My father allowed me to go the birthday party so I don’t need to escape. Before I leave the house, I embraced my father and he kissed me on my forehead.

                “Bye, dad! See you later!” I said while waving my hand.

                “Goodbye, my dear! Don’t forget to go home early. You should be here before 6pm. That’s our rule in this house, remember?” he said. Well, my father is really strict to us but I love him that way.

                “I’ll never forget that, dad.” I answered, and then I went to the meeting place. It’s already 10:30am when I arrived there.  I found Woori together with Victoria talking with each other.

                “I’m so sorry. I’m 30 minutes late. My alarm clock didn’t work again so I woke up late. I’m so sorry.”  I just keep on apologizing in front of them while bowing my head. Then, there’s an awkward silence between us. Victoria broke the silence when she suddenly laughed.

                “Why are you laughing, Victoria?” I asked her curiously. I can see Woori holding her laugh.

                “Are you kidding me, Shinhye? Why are you saying that you’re late? In fact, you’re 30 minutes earlier than the assembly time.” Victoria said.  I rolled my eyes to Woori. I looked at her badly and she noticed it.

                “Fine, it’s my fault. I told you to go here at exactly 10am so that you won’t be late. See, you arrived here at exactly 10:30am. It’s better to be early than being late, right?” Woori said, trying to convince me that she did the right thing.

                “Okay, I’m convinced. Where are the others, by the way?” I asked them.

                “I just got a message from Jong Hyun. He said that he’s on the way with Yonghwa.” Victoria answered. I was shocked when she said that Yonghwa will be here with us later, maybe a few minutes from now.

                “Yyyyoouu… you mean that Yonghwa is also invited to this party?” I asked her nervously. Unfortunately, Woori noticed my nervousness so she answered my question instead of Victoria.

                “Of course, Yonghwa is invited to this party. Why are you sweating Shinhye?” She smirked at me.

                “Well, I’m just going to the bathroom.” I immediately go the bathroom not knowing that someone followed me.

                “Yaahh~Shinhye, what will you do now? Yonghwa will be here later. How can you face him properly?” I said while looking at myself in the mirror. I was surprised to see Woori standing at the door and I think she heard me.

                “Just like what I thought. You really like Yonghwa, do you?” Well, I can’t hide it anymore. She already noticed it so I just nodded to her question.

                “Yaaahhh~Shinhye, I’ll introduce you to him later. Just like what I’ve told you, we’re friends, remember?” She said while giggling.

                “But… but I’m afraid that he will just ignore me.” I said, and then I bowed my head.

                “Of course not! Yonghwa is not that kind of person. He’s a friendly guy and I’m pretty sure that both of you will be friends soon.” Woori tried to cheer me up. I smiled at her.

~End of POV~

Yonghwa’s POV

                Jong hyun forced me to go with him to the birthday party of his classmate. When I woke up, I found him standing at the door and waiting for me.

                “What are you doing here?” I asked him innocently.

                “It seems that you forgot something, Yonghwa.” He smirked at me.

                “Well, I didn’t say yes when you asked me to come with you, right?” I said but he grabbed my towel and threw it to me.

                “You don’t have a choice, Yonghwa.  I’m already here.  Just go to the bathroom and take a bath.” Well, I don’t really have a choice. He pushed me to the bathroom and let me in to take a shower.

                While I’m wearing my clothes, I saw the necklace that belongs to the girl that I bumped last time. I put the necklace on my pocket, hoping to see her again.

                It’s already 10:45 when we arrived on the meeting place. Fortunately, we’re not yet late but most of the visitors were already there. I found You and my childhood friend, Victoria, greeting the guests.

                “We’re here!” Jong Hyun said to everyone.

                “Thank you for coming, Jong Hyun. I really appreciate it.” You said with a smile.

                “Uhhmm… by the way, where’s Woori? Jong Hyun told me that she’s invited too. It’s been a long time since we talked. I want to see her.” I asked Victoria.

                “Ohh~She followed Shinhye to the bathroom.” She answered with a smile.

                “Shinhye… who is she?” I asked her curiously. I never heard that name before.

                “Oh, yeahh, she’s a new student, just like me, in our school” She anwered.

                I was about to sit down when I saw Woori walking with a familiar girl from the bathroom. They’re laughing at each other.

                “That girl… that girl was the lovely girl I bumped last Thursday. The necklace… yes the necklace.”I checked the necklace right away on my pocket. “Maybe, her name is Shinhye.” I thought.

End of POV

                Jong Hyun saw Woori so he shouted her name.

                “Hey, Woori! Come here, Yonghwa wants to see you.” He said to Woori.

                On the other hand, Shinhye sweat when she saw Yonghwa looking at them.

                “Woori, what should I do? He’s already here.” Shinhye asked Woori.

                “Stop shaking your hands, okay? It’s going to be all right.” Woori said with a smile, and then she went to Yonghwa holding Shinhye’shand.

                “Hey, Yonghwa, how are you? It’s been a long time.” Woori started the conversation, still holding Shinhye’s left hand.

                “Yeahh~right. It’s been a long time since we last talked.” Yonghwa said with a smile.

                “Oh~before I forget, I would like you to meet my new friend, Shinhye. She’s a new student in our school.” Woori said as she introduced Shinhye to Yonghwa.

                “Oh, yeahh… I already know her. We had met before.”Yonghwa said confidently. Shinhye’s jaw dropped after she heard Yonghwa. Even Woori can’t believe that they had met already.

                “So, you two, already know each other, am I right?” Woori started to glare at Shinhye. Shinhye can’t speak so Yonghwa answered for her.

                “Maybe, I know her but she still doesn’t know me.” He turned to Shinhye. “I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jung Yong Hwa and you can call me Yonghwa if you want.” Yonghwa said as he gave his hand to Shinhye waiting for a shake hand. Shinhye reached Yonghwa’s hand, and then they shook their hands.

                “You said that we had met each other before, right? But how?” Shinhye finally spoke.

                “You’re the girl I bumped last Thursday, right? I believe this necklace belongs to you.” He said. She grabbed Shinhye’s hand and put the necklace on it.

                “Is this really happening? I can’t believe it. Who will think that the most important thing to me was accidentally taken by Yonghwa?” Shinhye thought.

                “Well, then, since you already know my name, can we become friends?” He asked politely.

                “Uhhmm, why not!?” Shinhye answered.

                “You don’t how happy I am now that I already know your name, and now that we’re friends” Yonghwa thought.

 
I really appreciate your comments, guys! This is my first fanfic so this is the first time that I experience this kind of excitement. Sorry for the wrong grammars and for the late update.~_~
Well, I'm just a beginner and I'm only 14 years old. I'm really busy doing stuffs and some activities so I can't update this fanfic right away. 
BUT STILL
Just keep on reading!!!

Thank you so much

~YongshinForever~