The Missing Necklace

The True Meaning of Love

Shinhye was not able to wake up early because their alarm clock didn’t work. It’s already 6:30am when she looked at the clock.

                “Waaahhh~it’s already 6:30 am, I’m going to be late. Hey, dara-eonni, wake up. We need to hurry. We only have 30 minutes or maybe less than that to prepare for school.” As she throw the pillow to the face of her sister.

                Fortunately, Shinhye was able to go school 1 minute before 7:00am. She only have 1 minute to run and go to her room or else she will be late.

Shinhye’s POV

                I kept on running without looking on the way until I bumped into someone, to my surprise it was a tall guy. The papers he was holding fell into the ground so I helped him. I’m in a rush so I don’t have enough time to look at this person. I just keep on apologizing and proceeded to my room.

                “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I have to go, I’m so sorry again.” I said, and then, I run.

                When I arrived to our classroom, my Values Education teacher was already there. Fortuitously, she’s one of the kindest teachers here so she allowed me to enter our classroom.

Yonghwa’s POV

                I was early today. My adviser ordered me to take those important papers to the office of the principal. I just keep on walking when I accidentally bumped into someone, a girl with a short hair. All of the papers fell into the grounds. The girl helped me to pick up the papers. I suddenly touched her soft hand… accidentally. She apologized to me, and then run without looking at me. I couldn’t help but to look at her while running. She’s pretty and very feminine.

                “Maybe, this lovely girl is going to be late that’s why she’s in a hurry.” I whimpered to myself.

                I was about to walk and proceed to the office when I unintentionally stepped on a something.

                “A necklace? Probably, this necklace belongs to that girl.” I said to myself.

                "It's look like we're going to meet again" I thought.

                I just put the necklace on my pocket and proceeded to the Principal’s office.

Shinhye’s POV

                Launch time~ I was about to eat my launch when I noticed that the necklace, which was actually given to me by my best friend, was missing.

                “Oh, noooo…” Woori heard me.

                “What’s the problem, Shinhye?” she worriedly asked me.

                “My necklace is missing, the one that was given to me by my best friend.” I was about to cry because that necklace is really important for me.

                “Sshhh, don’t cry, my dear Shinhye. Maybe, you’ve misplaced it somewhere. Don’t worry, I will help you to find it.” Woori tried to comfort me when I remembered that I accidentally bumped into someone a while ago.

                “I knew it… maybe, I dropped it a while ago when I bumped a tall guy at the ground floor.” I immediately went downstairs with Woori to look for my necklace. Unfortunately, we didn’t find it.

                “I’m sorry Shinhye, I have to go. It’s already 5:00 pm. Maybe, we can find it by tomorrow. You have to go home too. It’s going to be dark outside.” Woori said.

                “I think you should go first. I have to do something before I go home.” I told her.

                “Are you sure?” I just nodded then she went home.

                I sat down for a while, thinking of what to do until someone approached me.

                “Shinhye!? Shinhye, is that you?” a familiar voice talked to me. I was shock when I found out that it was Seohyun, my best friend. I hugged her right away and started to cry.

                “Seohyun!?” I sobbed.

                “Oh, Shinhye, why are you crying? Didn’t I tell you not to cry when I meet you again? You never change.” She hugged me back.

                “The necklace that you’ve given to me, I… I… I LOST IT. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry that I was not able to fulfil my promise to you that I will never lose it. I’m such an idiot.” I kept on crying. I moved backward but she came closer and hugged me.

                “Sshhh, don’t say that. It’s just a necklace. I’ll just buy a new one for you.” She said with a smile.

                “But—“ She didn’t let me finish my words. “No more buts, it’s already late. Let’s just go home together.” I smiled at her. She’s the only person who can make me smile when I feel sad. We walked together with a smile in our face.

                “You don’t know how lucky I am to have a best friend like you, Seohyun.” I thought

                “What are you doing to my school, anyway?” I broke the silence.

                “Your school?” she was shocked but then she laughed.

                “Hey, why are you laughing?” I curiously asked.

                “I don’t know that we’re now studying in the same school, do you?” she smiled at me.

                “You mean…” I was really happy when I found out that we’re studying now in the same school.

                “Yes, that was my current school. I transferred to another school when we were in grade 5, remember?” I nodded and she smiled.

                “We’re here, I’m happy to see you again Shinhye.” She said before she leaves.

                “Me too, see you tomorrow, Seohyun~eonni!” I said while waving my hand.

                “I have to find my necklace no matter what.” I thought.