To Protect

Loveless

Su Min’s POV

Our arms were still linked when we walked into class. The classmates immediately noticed. They stared and whispered among each other, using their hands to cover their mouths. Way to be secretive….  

I walked Ren to his seat and plopped myself down in the vacant seat next to him. I’m sure the teacher wouldn’t mind.

I look over at Ren. He’s staring at me with wide eyes, shock written all over face. I giggle. He’s so cute. He blushes and looks down. When he looks up again the corners of his mouth lift into a smile.

“Thanks”

“No problem”

The teacher walks in. She looks in our direction in disbelief, pupils rotating between the two of us. Then she shrugs and begins class. 

The first two lessons go by. It’s so boring…something about square roots and World War two and blah blah blah.

The bell rings. Finally, it’s lunch time! I turn to Ren.

“Can I eat with you at the tree again today?”

He looks surprised.

“Sure…if you want to”

I grab my lunch bag. I remembered to bring it in class today. We get up and head towards the door. Chin Ho is there. He smiles at me as if we were best friends. I glare at him in response. I haven’t forgotten what he did to Ren.

“Hey, want to have lunch with us?” he asks nodding to the group of student council people behind him.

“No.” I say bluntly, walking past him.

“Why?”

I ignore him and start walking down the hall.  I look to my side. Hmm…where’s Ren? I look behind me but he’s not there either. He’s probably already at the tree. When I turn back Chin Ho is right in front of me. I scowl.

“Hey hey, what’s wrong Su Min?” he asks innocently. Oh don’t even try that with me.

I ignore him again. I’m at the exit door now. I push it open with my back and let it fall closed before Chin Ho can follow me further. I can see the tree. Ren’s not there either. Weird…

“Su Min!” Chin Ho calls. “Where are you going?”

“None of your business”

“You’re going with Ren again, aren’t you?” he asks. His words were full of disgust. I turn my head violently and face him.

“Yeah, I am. What’s it got to do with you?” I sneer

He looks taken back. I watch his expression. Shock turns into anger.

“Why?”

“Why not?” I snap.

He grabs my arm.

“Why??” he demands. His face is inches away from mine. Repugnance rises. I try to shake his hand off.

“Let me go!”

His grip tightens.

“Why Ren? What do you like about that bastard?”

 …did he call Ren… a bastard..? That’s it. My free hand drops the lunch bag and I attempt to slap his face. He sees my attack and blocks it with his other hand, grabbing it in the process. Great, now he’s got both my arms.

“Why the hell do you treat Ren like that?” I scream, struggling to get myself out of his clutches. He stops and looks at me in astonishment.

“What? How did you… I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Oh don’t play dumb with me! We both know how horrible you are to him!” He doesn’t know what to say. There’s no denying the truth.

“Fine! You wanna know why?” he hissed. I glare at him.

“Because every girl I’ve ever liked has had this soft spot for him, including you! What’s so special about him? He’s just a weakling, a pretty faced weakling. You want me to stop bullying him? Hah, then be my girlfriend. Maybe I’ll consider it.”

I’m revolted. Utterly, utterly disgusted by his words. I spit in his face. He flinches but doesn’t move. I watch as the wet glob on his cheek slides down slowly, leaving behind a shiny streak.

“You ” I growl.

He looks down at me in anger. The grip on my arms becomes increasingly painful forcing me to wince. I feel like the bones are about to snap but I continue glaring him in the eyes, unwilling to admit defeat. Suddenly, he smirks. He looks at the tree. I reluctantly follow his eyes. Wait…Ren still isn’t here?

“I wonder how pretty boy is doing right now.” He laughs wickedly

I gasp. “What did you do to him?”

Chin Ho chuckles evilly, sending shivers down my spine. “Oh….you would like to know wouldn’t you?”

Desperate times call for desperate needs. I kick him in the balls with all my might. He grunts and falls forward. His grip on my arms loosens giving me just enough room to wiggle out. His hands left burning red marks on my arms. I ignore them and dash toward the school. I don’t go far before he catches up. He reaches out and grabs my waist. I scream as I fall to the ground. He pins me down. His body is heavy, I can’t move.  My body starts shaking in fear.

“I had a few friends “take care”of him…” his breathe was dangerously close to my neck. I close my eyes. My mind was in a craze and I felt my eyes moisten.

“Ren….Ren where are you? Please be ok ,Ren. Please …be ok…” I thought desperately. Tears falling silently down my cheeks.

“DON’T TOUCH HER!” a familiar voice yells.

All of a sudden the weight was lifted from my body and a heavy thud was heard. I open my eyes. It was Ren. My heart beats at the sight of him, relief overcomes my body. He had his back to me and stood protectively between me and Chin Ho.

“You….” Chin Ho spit out.

He got up and tried to punch him but Ren dodged it, grabbing the fist and jerking it behind Chin Ho’s back. Chin Ho screamed. Ren threw him back to the ground.

“Leave. NOW.” Ren demands. Chin Ho scurries onto his feet and runs for the school.

“Ren…” I whisper. Ren turns around and limps toward me.  With some difficulty he kneels down in front of me. His breathing is heavy, he looks exhausted. His cheek is cut and his leg looks hurt but overall he looked alright. I fight back a cry, I’m so glad he’s here.

“Su Min *pant* are *pant pant* you okay?” he lifts my arms and examines the marks with worry. He looks up at me.

“Oh no….Su Min…don’t cry, silly….” He lifted his hand to wipe my tears.

I nod my head and reach out to embrace him. At first he doesn’t do anything, surprised at my sudden movement. Slowly, he wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my head. I can’t help it. I half laugh half cry into his shoulder.

“I.. I was….s..so…worried…about you…” I manage to choke out. My arms compressed around his waist as if scared that he would disappear any second.

“Shhhhh….it’s ok Su Min” he coos, my hair. I feel so blissful right now and lean into his warmth.

“I’m right here, I’m not going anywhere”

I nod contently, my heart thumping wildly the entire time.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6 finished :3 

Today I almost had a heart attack. Asian fan fic was going through some crazy stuff and wouldn’t let me log onto my account so I couldn’t upload the new chapter. So glad the problem is fixed.  *sigh

Thanks again for commenting and subscribing!  I love you guys!