First date

Loveless

“He did it?”

“No way….”

“And he kissed you too?”

"Kyaa!! How cute!”

“Congratulations!!”

The air is knocked out from my lungs as the girls crowd around me and give me a giant hug. I had just finished telling them about Ren’s confession. I still can’t believe it myself. Their squealing and laughing fills the entire café.

“Hey, keep it down there!” the store manager yells at us.

We put a stop to our fussing and share sheepish glances. The manager grumbles then leaves. I can’t stop smiling, my face is bright red. We leave the restaurant and the excitement returns.

“When’s your first date??” Eun Ji grabs my hands. She’s basically bouncing off the walls with exhilaration.  

“Tomorrow…” my grin gets wider at the thought, the squeals and giggling increases.

“We need to go shopping for your first date outfit!” exclaims Mi Young.

The other nod in agreement. Next thing I know I’m in a fitting room. Outfits are tossed in from the little space above the door. An hour passes like ten seconds. None of the outfits seem right. They’re always too something. Too showy, too reserved, too boring, too bright, etc… The list goes on…

We’re about to give up when Hana runs over.

“You have to try this one. This is the one.” Her face is a combination of determination and confidence. I take the hanger from her outreached hands and walk into the dressing room.

Moments later I walk out. The girls are all waiting there. They look up at me and their mouths drop.

“Yes…this is so…just…yes…”

“Wow…”

“Oh lord…”

“You’re so beautiful!”

I giggle nervously. Eun Ji turns me to the mirror and I understand their reaction. This is definitely the outfit.

Ren’s POV

She said yes…she actually said yes. Su Min is my girlfriend…Su Min is my girlfriend….

I say these words aloud a few times, liking the way it rolls off my tongue. I’ve been like this all weekend… Today…is our first date. My face heats at the thought. We’re going on a date today…just the two of us.

I don’t know why I’m so nervous. Up until Eun Ji and Mun Hee it was always just the two of us. My phone rings. I look at the caller ID and smirk, temporarily forgetting my nervousness.

“Hey Mun Hee.”

“Dude, did she say yes?”

I realize that I hadn’t told him yet.

“Yeah…she did. We have our first date today…..” I smile at the thought

“What the hell? You didn’t tell me? *Sigh* Kids these days…Anyways, congrats! Atta boy, I knew you could do it!”

I chuckle nervously.

“So where are you bringing her….?” I tell him. He makes a sound of approval.

“Hey, I have to go soon. I told Su Min I’d come at 3. It’s…” I look at my watch. “2:20.”

I hear him gasp sarcastically. “Oh no! You still have 40 whole minutes left, what are you going to do?”

I laugh. Mun Hee really knows how to calm a person down.

“Dude, I know you’re nervous. But I’m just going to give you a few tips for this….”

I spend the remaining time listening intently on what he had to say. When he’s done I hang up and take a deep breath. I look at my watch. It’s 2:58. I get everything ready and walk out of the apartment and stand in front of her door. Long journey, right?

I close my eyes and take one last breath. In through the mouth…out through the nose….there we go. I feel my grip on the roses tighten. Yeah…I got her red roses. I see it in the movies…so why not? I take one last glance at my watch. It’s 3:00. I gulp and ring the doorbell. My hand is shaking.

Calm down, calm down. Everything’s going to be just fi-

Su Min opens the door and I feel the air knocked out of my lungs. She’s beautiful. Her hair falls over her shoulders in soft graceful curls. She’s wearing a cute white dress with flower covered straps. The dress tightened at the waist with a bow and flowed lusciously down to a little more than halfway down her knees. Overall, it was simple…but elegant. She seems to glow….I stare open mouthed.

She tips her head and smiles at me. “Ren?”

Her words bring me back to the present.

“W-what?....OH.” My face reddens and I look down. How embarrassing. I remember the flowers in my hands. I hold them up to her.

“F-for …this is for y-you…” my mouth feels dry. She slowly reaches for the flowers. Our fingers touch briefly sending a spark in my core.

“Wow…thanks so much Ren…” I look up and see her sniff the red flowers. She looks down at them happily. My heart beats faster at the sight. She puts them in a vase and we head off.

I had spent a long time trying to decide on what to do for our date… At first I was thinking of seeing a movie…but it was so overdone and thoughtless. I didn’t want that. I tried to be creative…but I’m not really what you would call an inventive guy….So I settled on something that would allow us to talk and get to know more about each other.

“Sooo…where are we going?” She asks.

“You’ll see…” I smile at her.

She smiles back at me. I decide this is a good time to her hand in mine (Mun Hee’s advice). It felt warm and reassuring. I feel myself calm down a bit. I really want to make this an unforgettable first date.

We get to the destination and she gasps.

“Wow, this is so pretty!”

I brought her to a flower garden. Flowers of all kinds and colors can be found here. It’s part of a park. Su Min is new to the area so I don’t suppose she knows the meaning of it. The entire park is known for its reputation of couples and love…ahaha…yeah…I chose a really cheesy place. I blush. Su Min pulls my hand to the nearest bunch of flowers, the pink carnations.

“Wow…how beautiful….” She swoops down to smell it.

I laugh and join her. I take the opportunity to pick one and gently slide it behind her ear. She blushes slightly and giggles. I find myself lost just looking at her…

“You look beautiful…” I lean over and kiss her cheek. My face flushed at the boldness of my move, but I didn’t regret it a bit. (Also Mun Hee’s advice: don’t be shy.) We continue walking down the path sided with wild flowers. We passed by an old man selling ice cream. I got us each a cone. She chose strawberry. I chose chocolate.

“It’s been my favorite flavor ever since I was a child.” She says.

It makes me happy to learn something new about her. We continue walking, fingers intertwined, eating our ice creams.

Su Min’s POV

I’m having such a good time right now. He brought me to a flower garden! I love flowers, especially carnations. I would have been happy with anything he chose, but I’m thrilled he chose something outdoors, especially on such a nice warm day. Every second I spend with him makes me like him even more. I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack. I give his hand a squeeze. He smiles.

“Ren?”

“Yeah?”

“Ahah, you’re such a messy eater...you got ice cream on your lip…”

I let go of his hand and reach in my pocket to get the napkin. I’m about to wipe the spot off when I suddenly feel courageous. I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him on the lips. His face turns red, not at all expecting my action.

“There…I got it……” I giggle and try to run away. Too late, he grabs my hand and spins me so that I was entrapped in his arms.

“I don’t think you got all of it…….” He smiles slyly

With that he swoops down and kisses my lips. I almost drop my ice cream cone. My stomach fluttered like crazy. I loved how spontaneous he could be. I smile into the touch and wrap my free arm around his neck to deepen the kiss. He hums and massages the small of my back.

“Hey, young couple over there!”

We break apart slowly and look beside us. There’s a man in his mid thirties holding a Polaroid camera. We look at him with puzzled expressions. He comes closer.

“Would you like me to take your picture? For the pretty gal we got here, take a photo to remember. What do ya say?”

Ren nods. “Sure.”

“Alright, now I’m a count to three. Once I get to three, you love birds smile, okay?” He steps away and positions the camera. I feel Ren hold me closer around the waist. I lean into his chest.

“One….two…three…” *flash*

We walk over to the man and watch as the white photograph slowly gains color. A couple emerges.

“Why look at that. What a beautiful picture.” The man says.

Ren pays him and hands the picture to me.

“Here.” He smiles and kisses my forehead. I hug the photo to my chest and look down. I loved it. I felt like my heart was overflowing with happiness. We sit down on a nearby bench to finish up our frozen goods, and continue walking.

I hear the sounds of a water falling. So does Ren. His face lights up and he grabs my hand.

“Su Min, I want to show you something.”

He leads me around the corner to a giant fountain. A 7 foot statue of a man and a woman stood at the center. Their arms were intertwined and they stared deeply into each other’s eyes. It was breathtaking.

I feel Ren turn to me. He takes my hands in his and squeezes them.

“It’s said that couples that kiss under the statue are given luck.” He whispers.

I raise my eyebrow. “Is that so….? Well, in that case we better try it.” He laughs and lowers his lips to mine. His lips are soft and warm. I feel like I’m rising into the sky. Bliss takes over my body. All of our surroundings disappear in this moment. My only focus is on the movement between our mouths.

The rest of the date is like a blur. Laughter, happiness, embraces, and kisses all combine to make an amazing experience. Before I know it, the sky is dark. It’s already 9:00 PM.

He walks me to my door and kisses me on the forehead. I giggle and pull him down so our lips could meet. He complies and takes me in his arms. My heart thumps joyfully. My whole body heats despite the chilly night. After a few minutes he lets go.

“We have school tomorrow, you should get some sleep…” He says. But the way he held me contradicted his words.

I sigh and give him a half lidded smile. I didn’t want the day to end but I knew he was right. I kiss him one more time before walking to my door.

“Thanks for everything. I had an amazing day.”

“I did too. Good night. See you tomorrow. Sleep tight…”

I nod and walk in. I can’t wipe the smile off of my face. I walk to my room and drop down, giggling at the great memories gained. I take out the photo of us. He wasn’t even looking at the camera. His eyes were down on me, his arm circling my waist. We looked so happy….like a real couple. We are a real couple. The thought spurred more flutters within me.

I found a frame for the picture and placed it front of the desk next to my bed. I sigh and look up at my reflection. My cheeks were rosy, my eyes shined with joy, my hair was slightly messy. The carnation was still behind my ear. It was wilting, but none the less beautiful. I slowly take it down and place it in front of the picture.

I feel like I can stare at this for all eternity. I allow all the memories of today rush into my head. I’m not going to be able to fall asleep tonight….

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ren and Su Min had their first date :) <3

sorry for the later update. Unfortunately, spring break is coming to an end. That means that I won't be able to update as often :(

I'll try to update at least once a week.

Please continue commenting and subscribing! <3

Love you guys!!! :))))