It starts with a kiss....

Loveless

The school bell rang. Eun Ji pokes me on the shoulder.

“Have fun.” She winks at me and gets up.

I watch her as she makes her way to Mun Hee. He sees her and his entire face lights up. He puts his arms around her and kisses her cheek. She giggles and hugs him back. I feel happy for them…I hope I can find love like that.

“Hey Su Min.” It’s Ren. My head suddenly feels kind of light.

“O-oh hey Ren!” I smile and pick up my bag.

“It’s Thursday so I have work today. Just wanted to say bye before I leave.” He smiles shyly at me.

It was so cute…my face burned.

“Bye…” I say. He turns and leaves.

I sigh, can’t help but feel a little disappointed about not being able to walk home with him. Oh well, I shouldn’t expect him to forget about his job just for me right? I nod in agreement with myself and leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I wake up and stretch. I have a feeling it’s going to be a great day… I look outside, the sun was shining bright.

Soon, it’s time to leave. I walk outside and Ren is standing there. My heart skips a beat.

“Good morning.” I smile. He looks up at me and smiles back.

“Morning.” We start walking towards the school.

“How was work?”

“Ehh…the usual, really boring.” He yawns.

I notice something on his lip. It looks like cream cheese. I giggle.

“What?”

I shake my head and hold his arms to make him stay still for a second. I reach inside my pocket take out a handkerchief.  

“You got some breakfast on you…” I say. I reach up and gently wipe the cream off. My hand lingers on his chin just a little longer than necessary.

“There, all gone.”

I look up at him. His face is bright red. I realize what I had just done and look down, blushing crazily myself.

“..Thanks…” He turns his head away from me and continues walking towards school.

I look down as I run to keep up. Oh no….what did I just do…? I mentally hit myself on the head. My fingers start fidgeting.

Crazy! Now he’s gonna know you like him! What if he doesn’t like you back?

“Hey Ren, Hey Su Min!” I hear someone say.

We turn around and see Mun Hee coming at us at full speed, Eun Ji not far behind him. Mun Hee comes over and swings his arm over Ren’s shoulder. Ren looks at him startled and peels Mun Hee’s arm away and starts walking towards the school.

“Aww man, you’re no fun! Hey! Hey!” Mun Hee runs and tackles Ren, catching him by surprise. Ren yelps and tries running away. Mun Hee grabs him again and entraps him in a giant bear hug.

I laugh at the sight. I’m so glad Ren made such a great friend… I hear footsteps behind me and turn around.

“Good Morning Eun Ji.”

“Morning. God…you’d think he’d wait for me…” She grumbles but then laughs.

“What a kid….” She sighs

We walk into class together.

I see Ren sitting with Mun Hee’s group. Mun Hee is hugging the now defeated Ren. The guys around them are laughing. Ren is smiling…I’ve never seen him so happy before. It makes me happy yet sad at the same time. Does this mean we won’t get to spend as much time together anymore?

Eun Ji links arms with me and walks me over to the other side of the room where a small group of girls sat.

“Everyone, I’d like you to meet Su Min.” Eun Ji says. I bow shyly. The girls look up at me and smile.

“Nice to meet you!”

“You’re the new girl, right? Where did you come from?”

“Do you like the school so far?”

“What are your hobbies?”

“Guys, guys, come on, don’t bombard her with questions!” Eun Ji says sternly, suppressing a smile.

I laugh. They seem really nice…I feel like we’re going to be great friends. I turn back to look at Ren. He’s looking at me. He looks like he’s trying to say something and attempts to walk toward me only to be suppressed by Mun Hee and his friends. Ren’s face is flushed. He shrugs at me. I laugh and turn back to the girls.

The lunch bell rings. I get my lunch and start walking towards Ren. He sees me and does the same. I feel something hold me back. I see Eun Ji.

“Hey, want to have lunch with us today?” She asks. I look back and see Ren in the middle of the boys.

“Sure…”

I wanted to have lunch with Ren… Oh well, it’s only one day. Besides, he’s having lunch with his new friends.

The rest of the day passes in a blur. I got to know the girls better. Mi Young is the short cute one with the pony tail, Hana is the one with long straight brown hair and glasses, and Hea Jung is the quieter, shy girl with medium length curly hair, and Nara is the one with red hair and big eyes. They gave me their numbers at lunch and we made arrangements to hang out over the weekend.

Before I knew it, the school bell rang. Wow, today passed by fast. Wait…the bell rang, it’s time to go home. I turn excitedly towards Ren. He’s in the middle of the guys. He sees me and waves. Mun Hee grins and leans in, whispering something into Ren’s ear. Ren’s face flashes red and he nods.

“Go get’m tiger…” I think I heard Mun Hee say. Eh, probably heard wrong.

Ren walks over to me and scratches the back of his head nervously, his face is still bright. I want to know what they were talking about but maybe this isn’t the time to ask… We leave the school campus.

“So how was your day?” I ask, happy to finally have a chance to talk to him.

“O-oh… umm…it was really fun…” he laughs nervously. I’m confused. He’s acting weird.

“You and Mun Hee get along really well.” I continue. We’re walking at a steady pace, our steps falling into the same rhythm.

“Ahaha…yeahh….” he glances in my direction. “Hey, look over there!” he points to a nearby playground. It was purple and complete with slides, seesaws, swings, and everything else.

“Oh, I didn’t know there were any parks around here.” I exclaim. I adored playgrounds.

I run over as fast as I can, Ren follows me.

“Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve been on one of these!” I drop my things on the ground and run over to the swings and sit down. I’ve kind of forgotten how to do this. No matter what I try I’m not gaining height.

Something pushes my back. I look behind me and it’s Ren. He smiles at me. I feel like my hearts going to melt.

“Need Help?”

I laugh. He pushes me higher and higher. I don’t even need my legs anymore. I just sit there, enjoying the feel of Ren’s hands on my back every time I retreat.

After I reached a decent height he sat down on the swing next to mine and started to sway. I felt his eyes on me the whole time. Self consciousness swept through. Is my hair messy? Does he think I’m really weird? Is there something on my face?

 My speed began decreasing. Soon, I was swinging at the same pace as Ren. I watched as we rose together and lowered together. He was still looking at me but I was suddenly was too shy to meet his eyes. I liked sitting here quietly with him. It’s really peaceful…

“Ahah, we’re married….” I hear myself whisper.  I immediately realize my mistake. I look over at Ren for the first time. His face is colored and he sighs.

Stupid stupid stupid. You upset him! You went too far for the second time today!

I squeeze my eyes shut hoping that he didn’t hear what I had said. Suddenly my swing stops moving. I look up. Ren’s hands are the chains. He’s looking down at me nervously. He slowly lowers himself so that he was at eye level with me. His face is but inches away from mine. My heart rate accelerates, the loud pumps filling my ears. He breaths in through his mouth and out through his nose.

“Su Min…..”

He doesn’t say anything after that. “Yes..?” I squeak.

Ahhh! That sounded so pathetic, stop acting so weird!! My mind screams

He looks me in the eyes. His orbs are so pretty…. I’m losing consciousness just looking at them.

“Close your eyes…” he whispers.

 I noticed that I was holding my breath the whole time. My face heats up more. I slowly nod and close my eyes. What’s going on?

A warm hand gently touches my chin. It rises up and begins caressing my cheek. My heart thumps crazily. I feel my entire body burning but I don’t dare open my eyes. I don’t want him to stop.

I sense his face draw closer. My body begins shaking. Is this what I think it is?

I feel soft gently lips make contact with mine. Ren is kissing me… Time instantly began slowing down. I feel like I’m melting into the air, and am suddenly grateful for the swing to support me.  

It feels like heaven…blissful shivers run down my spine as his thumb slowly my cheekbone. I sigh. My mind is overwhelmed by the touch of his lips. All I can think about is him. Our mouths move in union, his scent fills my system. My lids feel heavy. His nose gently rubs against mine causing a swirling sensation in my core.

He slowly retreats. Cold air confronts my moist swollen lips. I don’t want the kiss to stop. My eyes reluctantly flutter open. I find myself eye to eye with Ren.

“Su Min…I really like you. Will…will you please …. be my girlfriend?”

I don’t know what to say. I feel so light headed right now. Did I really hear what I think I heard? Is this a dream?  Please don’t be a dream. I feel myself nod. My face breaks out in a stupid smile. A happy sigh/ laugh emerge from my throat.

“Yes….” I whisper.

His nervous expression turns into pure happiness. I feel myself being lifted up by his strong arms, my toes no longer touching the ground. Ren kisses me on the lips again. I kiss back. One of my arms snakes around his neck and grips on to his back. The other moves down to his cheek as our lips move steadily, at a sweet unhurried pace.

He pauses and puts his forehead to mine. I feel the ground rise to my feet. We stay there for a moment, just listening to our panting breaths and staring into each others eyes. He smiles down at me and then lowers once again.

I hold him closer. Never wanting to let go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They finally kissed!! <3 <3 J

Wow! I can’t believe Loveless reached over 100 subscribers!!! I’m so happy! Thanks to everyone who subscribed! It means a lot to me! :DD

Please continue subscribing and leaving comments.

Thanks everyone!

<3