39 Days After

Please Subscribe to read further chapters

Description

                    
 


The world as we know has come to an end, disasters had ravaged the Earth, causing chaos and destruction everywhere. The government had collapsed and society was in ruins. Survivors were forced to fend for themselves, relying on their survival instincts and whatever resources they could find.

Amidst the ruins of once-great cities, two souls found solace and salvation in the most unlikely of places.

Foreword

In the aftermath of the Cataclysm, living in the barren lands was safer than venturing into the depths of the wilderness.

 

For where there were signs of life, where green shoots dared to push through the cracked earth, and twisted vines tangled in the remnants of civilization, there lurked a danger far greater than any that the wastelands could offer. It was said that wherever plants thrived, so too did the monsters—twisted, grotesque creatures born of the Cataclysm, their forms warped and mutated by the toxic remnants of the world that once was.

 

In this harsh new reality, survival meant more than just avoiding the dangers of the wastelands. It meant learning to navigate the treacherous landscape of a world that had been forever changed, where every green leaf and flowering bud held the potential for death and destruction, the Mossclaw.
 

They are bear-like creatures, covered in moss with immense size and strength, the Mossclaw is a force to be reckoned with, with its razor-sharp claws that can tear through steel with ease.

 

For 39 days, it enters a state of hibernation, burying itself deep underground where it lies dormant until the time is right. When it awakens, it unleashes its wrath upon the world, wreaking havoc any living thing it sees for 7 days straight.

 

During this week of chaos, survivors scramble to find shelter and hide from the Mossclaw's rampage. Only the bravest and most skilled hunters dare to venture out, risking their lives to track down the monstrous beast. For many, the reward is worth the risk, as the flesh of these beasts is a rare and valuable source of food in a world where resources are scarce.


But hunting the Mossclaw is no easy task. Its keen senses and ferocious nature make it a formidable opponent, and many who seek to challenge it never return. Yet, for those who succeed, the bounty they bring back is enough to sustain their communities for months, making the risk of facing the beast worth it in the end.


 

CHARACTERS


 

Name: Byun Baekhyun

Occupation: Captain of the Special Forces


- Baekhyun possesses a medium-built physique, his muscles toned and defined from years of rigorous training and combat.
- Despite his average stature, his presence exudes strength and authority, commanding attention wherever he goes.
- Baekhyun's expression is often stoic and intense, giving him a formidable aura that belies his calm demeanor.

- Rising through the ranks of the Special Forces, Baekhyun quickly earned a reputation as one of the best soldiers in his unit, known for his strategic prowess and unwavering determination.

 

Name: Park Chanyeol

Occupation: Second in Command of the Special Forces

Appearance:
- Chanyeol stands tall and imposing, his muscular frame a testament to years of rigorous training and physical conditioning.
- Despite his intimidating stature, his warm smile and bright eyes exude a sense of approachability and friendliness.
- Beneath his lighthearted exterior, Chanyeol is deeply compassionate and caring, always willing to lend a listening ear or offer a comforting embrace to his comrades in need.
- When it comes to his duties as second in command, Chanyeol is incredibly serious and reliable, displaying unwavering dedication and focus in the face of danger.

 

Name: Oh Sehun

Occupation: Squad Leader of the Special Forces

Appearance:
- Sehun possesses a strikingly handsome appearance, with chiseled features and piercing eyes that exude an air of authority.
- He stands tall and imposing, his stature commanding attention wherever he goes.
- Despite his stern and snobbish appearance, there is an undeniable allure to his presence, drawing others in with his magnetic charm.

- He takes his role as the youngest member of the Special Forces very seriously, always striving to prove himself and earn the respect of his teammates.
- Despite his outward appearance, Sehun is fiercely loyal to his team, especially Captain Baekhyun, whom he looks up to and admires.