Chapter 2

39 Days After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air hung heavy with tension as Baekhyun leaned heavily on the petite woman, his breath labored and his steps faltering. With each passing moment, the distant rumblings of awakening Mossclaws grew louder, a sign that their slumber has ended.

 

Quickly, the woman's eyes dart around, taking in the crumbling ruins and the looming threat of the awakened monsters, her sense of urgency evident in the determined set of her jaw and the quickened pace of her steps.

 

Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open, and he struggled to stay conscious as he stumbled forward through the debris of the destroyed city. His hand gripped tightly onto the woman's shoulder for support, his military uniform torn and stained with blood. Baekhyun's vision blurred and he felt himself losing strength, but he fought to keep moving towards safety.

 

 

Dammit. 

 

Baekhyun's face twisted in frustration and anger as his plans went awry. His brow was furrowed and his jaw clenched. 

 

He had a plan, but everything was falling apart. He never intended to get hurt, but here he was, nursing his injuries. The real plan was to find his comrades and make it to the safety of their shelter before it was too late. But with every step he took, doubts crept in and he wondered if they would even make it there in time.

 


The ground began to tremble beneath their feet, a portent of the horrors about to be unleashed. With a renewed sense of urgency, the woman urged the him forward, her determination driving them onward despite the odds stacked against them.



Finally, they reached the safety of a shelter, its sturdy walls offering a brief reprieve from the chaos outside. The walls feel cool and rough against the woman's fingertips as she braces herself against them, taking a moment to catch her breath. She can feel the vibrations of the ground as the monsters continue to stir outside. 

 

As they stepped inside, the coolness of the stone walls provided a comforting reprieve from the hot, chaotic world outside. The wooden door was rough and splintered, but sturdy, and offered a sense of protection for those inside. The floor was hard and uneven, but it offered a place to rest and recover.

 

The scent of blood and sweat fills the air as the woman moves him onto a cot. The musty smell of the shelter mingles with the metallic tang of blood.

 

Feeling a sense of temporary safety, Baekhyun succumbed to his exhaustion and fell unconscious. The loss of blood had finally caught up with him.

 

The woman's eyes lingered on Baekhyun's pale face for a moment, worry etched into her features. She quickly assessed his wounds, her hands moving with practiced efficiency as she bandaged him up as best she could. The scent of antiseptic mingled with the musty air, adding to the stifling atmosphere of the shelter.

 

Outside, the monsters grew restless, their growls and snarls growing louder by the minute. But within the cramped confines of the shelter, time seemed to stand still. The woman couldn't help but feel a surge of anxiety coursing through her veins.

 

Despite feeling scared, the impact of the previous events was overwhelming and caused her to feel drowsy. 

 

As she drifted into unconsciousness, the deafening roars of the monstrous creatures echoed through her mind, drowning out all other thoughts until she succumbed to sleep.


 

 

 

When the woman stirred from her restless sleep, her eyes blinking open to the dim light filtering through the cracks in the shelter walls. She sat up slowly, her body stiff from the uncomfortable position. Glancing down at Baekhyun, she was relieved to see that he was still breathing, his features relaxed in sleep.

 

She gently lifted the bandage and examined his wound, carefully noting any signs of infection. Her eyes moved from the cut on his arm to his face, searching for any signs of pain or discomfort. His features were tense and hard, but he didn't flinch under her touch.

 

Today marks day one of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter