Chapter 6

39 Days After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Baekhyun emerged from his makeshift shelter, his steps brisk and purposeful. The urgency of the situation weighed heavily on his mind as he navigated through the bustling settlement, his eyes scanning the faces of those around him with a sense of determination.

 

Arriving at the central gathering area, Baekhyun wasted no time in addressing the unrest that had plagued their community. With a commanding presence, he called for attention, his voice ringing out with authority as he outlined the tasks that needed to be completed immediately. There was no room for delay; every moment counted in their efforts to restore order and ensure the safety of their people.
 

As Baekhyun laid out the plan, the people of the settlement listened attentively, their expressions reflecting a mix of relief and determination. Some nodded in agreement, ready to follow his lead, while others exchanged concerned glances, silently acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

 

Beside him, Chanyeol and Sehun stood with unwavering support, their presence a reassuring anchor amidst the chaos. Chanyeol's expression was serious, his eyes mirroring Baekhyun's sense of urgency, while Sehun maintained his usual stoic demeanor, silently assessing the situation with a critical eye.

 

Together, they formed a formidable trio, united in their resolve to restore order and protect their community from further harm. As Baekhyun's voice echoed across the settlement, his words carried a promise of hope and determination, igniting a spark of courage within each person present.

 

Baekhyun’s voice rang out with authority, commanding attention. “We need to act swiftly. Time is of the essence,” he declared, his tone firm and resolute. “Sehun, Chanyeol, gather the necessary supplies. We leave at dawn.”

 

Chanyeol grinned mischievously. “Ah, the break of dawn. My favorite time for a scenic stroll,” he quipped, his tone playful yet laced with determination.
 

"Copy that," Sehun replied, his voice as smooth as ice.

 

Gyumin's hurried footsteps echoed against the worn pavement as he approached Baekhyun, his expression a mixture of concern and urgency. "Sir," he called out, his voice laced with urgency, "we've got new survivors at the gate." he reported, his breaths coming in short gasps. “They’re desperate, pleading to be let in.”

 

Baekhyun's brows furrowed in concern as he turned his attention to Gyumin, his expression serious. "How many?" he asked, his voice tinged with a sense of urgency.
 

"Two, sir," Gyumin began, then paused dramatically. "But the woman looks like she's ready to burst at any moment. So, three?!"

 

Baekhyun quickly weighed the options in his mind. Adding three more mouths to feed would strain their already limited resources, but turning away a pregnant woman didn't sit well with him either. He glanced at Chanyeol and Sehun, silently seeking their input on the matter.

 

Sehun gave a nonchalant shrug, while Chanyeol scratched his head, clearly conflicted. Baekhyun sighed inwardly, knowing that the responsibility ultimately fell on his shoulders. With a resigned nod, he signaled for Gyumin to lead the new arrivals inside, mentally preparing himself for the challenges that lay ahead.
 

As the couple entered, the other survivors watched with curious eyes, some offering welcoming nods while others remained cautious, unsure of the newcomers' intentions.

 

The married couple glanced around nervously, their eyes scanning the faces of the other survivors, searching for signs of acceptance or rejection.
 

Baekhyun approached the couple with a calm yet authoritative demeanor, his gaze steady as he assessed their situation.

 

The man approached Baekhyun with a kind smile, his eyes reflecting genuine gratitude. "We're really grateful for your kindness," he said warmly. "I'm guessing you're the leader around here?"

 

Baekhyun nodded in acknowledgment of the man's words, returning his handshake with a firm grip. "I'm not the leader," he clarified, his tone authoritative yet compassionate. "But I'll do everything I can to make sure you and your wife feel safe and welcome here. Welcome to our settlement."

 

Baekhyun continued, "However, at the moment, we haven’t built new makeshift houses yet. We'll provide you with temporary shelter until we can arrange something more permanent."

 

The couple shared a moment of silent understanding, their relief palpable as they focused on the safety of the woman inside. "As long as she's safe," the man's voice trembled with emotion. 
 

As they exchanged a glance filled with gratitude, the man extended his hand toward Baekhyun. "I'm Kim Jongdae," he said with a grateful smile, his voice carrying a hint of emotion. Baekhyun clasped his hand firmly. "Byun Baekhyun," he replied, his tone firm yet reassuring.



**

 

Days dragged on, Baekhyun's frustration mounted, like a simmering pot on the verge of boiling over. The mess left by Jihoon’s team was worse than he thought, making it tough for him to search for Aeri.
 

After some time, with the help of his team and the unexpected talent of Jongdae in construction, things finally improved for Baekhyun. Now, he felt prepared to resume his search.

 

Baekhyun sat down with a map spread out before him, his brow furrowed in deep concentration. He traced his finger along the pathways, mentally mapping out the areas he had searched and those he still needed to explore in his quest to find Aeri. With a determined expression, he began to formulate his plan, every detail carefully calculated to maximize their chances of success.

 

Baekhyun muttered to himself, his voice laced with determination and urgency, "I won't rest until I find her."

 

Chanyeol couldn't help but feel curious as he watched his  friend, Baekhyun, impatiently mapping out his plan. "What's got you so worked up, Baek?" he asked, his tone tinged with concern. Baekhyun glanced up briefly, his expression tense, before returning his attention to the map. "We need to find her," he replied curtly, his impatience palpable in his voice.

 

"Hey, Baekhyun," Chanyeol interjected, unable to contain his curiosity any longer. "Who is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter