Chapter 1

39 Days After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

In the center of the forsaken metropolis, the unstoppable forces of nature have already begun their conquest to reclaim what was once theirs.
 

The towering skyscrapers, once symbols of human ingenuity, are now engulfed in lush greenery as plants and vines intertwine among them. Once filled with bustling crowds and lively activity, the streets now lie abandoned and reclaimed by nature. The once smooth asphalt roads are now marred with cracks and fissures, overrun by a thick blanket of moss and ivy.
 

Crumbling buildings and deserted storefronts stand as reminders of a forgotten past, but amidst the decay, vibrant wildflowers burst forth of colors, providing a stark contrast to the muted tones of the city. Birds flutter and sing among the overgrown foliage, their melodies serving as a reminder that life persists even in the most desolate places.

 

In the far-off horizon, a solitary figure makes their way through the remnants of a city. A woman, shaded by the soft light of twilight, carefully treads along the deserted road. Every step is calculated, as though she walks on delicate shards, her actions showing both fatigue and persistence.
Her clothing hangs loosely on her frame, a reminder of the arduousness of herbtravels. 


Occasionally, she pauses, her ears attuned to the distant echoes of danger, but she presses on, driven by the relentless pursuit for sustenance and supplies.

 

I think I can do one more.
 

She thought confidently.

 


With few more steps, she came face to face with a small building. The grocery store stands as a hollow shell of its former self. Broken windows allow slivers of weak sunlight to filter through, casting eerie shadows upon the empty shelves and scattered debris that litter the floor.


The air is thick with the musty scent of decay, a stark contrast to the fresh produce and baked goods that once filled the space.

 

She moves with caution, taking slow and deliberate steps in order to minimize any noise. She is fully aware that even the slightest disturbance could alert them, resulting in a sudden and brutal attack.


Despite the emptiness that now ades the store, faint traces of life still linger. A few cans and boxes remain scattered haphazardly upon the shelves, their contents long since spoiled or picked clean by other scavengers.

 

The musty scent of decay and stale air hangs heavy in the store, a reminder of its abandonment. But amidst the decay, there is a faint trace of something sweet, like a distant memory of freshly baked goods.

 

Please please

 

After what seemed like an eternity of searching through the desolate and debris-filled landscape, her tired eyes catch a glimpse of hope - a single can of food, nestled among the ruins like a precious gem waiting to be unearthed. Shaking with fatigue, she reaches out and touches the frigid metal container, carefully lifting it from its spot among the rubble.

 

Her face softens, her brows relax and her parched lips crack into a small smile as the emotions flood through her.
Clutching the can to her chest, she offers up a silent prayer of thanks to whatever forces may be listening.


Then, she felt the surrounding suddenly change.

 

Goosebumps prickle along her skin as she locks eyes with  malicious gaze. She can almost feel the weight of the intense stares, like fingers pressing into her flesh.

 

 

Across the street, Baekhyun moved carefully as he searched for s. They had been separated while fending off armed attackers. As captain of the Special Forces, he has full responsibility for the safety and well-being of his team.

 

His mind raced, desperately trying to devise a plan to find his missing team members amidst the chaos. Each passing moment only added to his urgency; he knew time was not on their side. Drawing a deep breath, Baekhyun steadied himself and focused on the task at hand.

 

His keen eyes scanned the alleyways for any sign of his comrades. 


Silently, he moved like a phantom, eyes scanning his surroundings for any signs of life. The once bustling city now lay abandoned, reduced to a graveyard of memories. Broken glass and debris littered the streets, serving as a constant reminder of the devastation that plagued their world. But Baekhyun refused to succumb to despair.

 


As he rounded a bend into a secluded alley, his ears caught the sound of a faint whimper. Baekhyun cautiously made his wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter