The start of something new

Yoonhae roller coaster

 

 

The dinner was over so everybody was sitting in the living room. The adults were laughing reminiscing about their childhood, talking about how different were the children of their times.

Yoona excused herself asking where can she find the bathroom. Mrs Lee explained that it´s on the second floor asking if she needs Amber to show her. Answering that it´s ok, Yoona walked to the stairs.

She was passing through the corridor searching for the right door, when she noticed that one of the doors was slightly opened. The image of a sculp on it with the inscription “Private property” got her attention. Yoona smiled.

Since it was someone´s private room Yoona decided to pass by, but then she noticed something that made her stop. She found herself at the door  of that room. She pushed the door a little. What got her attention was that the walls of the room were covered with scenes from one of her favourite manga series “Nana”. Without realising what she is doing she made few steps in and touched the walls recognizing the scenes of the story.

- What are you doing in my room?

Yoona turned around and saw Amber at the door. With her attitude at that moment she looked like a hedgehog, showing her indignation. And Yoona knew she had all the rights to be like that.

- I´m sorry I entered your room without permission..she made a step towards the girl.

- You were looking for the bathroom, right? It´s down the corridor, the last door. 

Amber stepped away showing with her moves that Yoona must leave imediately.

Yoona was embarrassed. She knew her behaviour was showing a disrespect for the girl´s private place and she wanted to make Amber understand that she didn´t want to offend her.

 

     Amber POV:

Amber was waiting for the snow white to leave her room, but suddently the girl stopped in front of her. Amber raised her head and her eyes met Yoona´s.

- I appologize again that I entered, but I was curious about the walls of your room. I love Nana, so I wanted to see if I´ll recognize what scenes are here. 

 

Yoona POV:

She saw a shadow of curiosity on Amber´s face.

- You read manga? Asked the girl.

- I love it! You ?

- I like it too..she stopped, but Yoona saw that she wanted to say something else, but made herself not to.

Yoona felt that it was better for her to leave.

- Well, I should go to my final destination. 

She smiled to Amber and made a step, but was stopped by a question.

- What did you read? 

 

Amber POV:

She asked that without realising. What is she doing? Why she keeps talking with this girl? Amber remembered about the dinner. From the first moment, she didn´t really like Yoona. She was one of those pretty girls that her mom likes , and wants Amber to look like. She hated to be compared with other girls and was sick of those examples, that´s why during the dinner she avoided Yoona´s eyes, and mom´s attempts to make them talk to each other.

From the beginning she made an impression of her as a pretty girl, those kind of dolls, beautiful from the outside , and not that much from the inside. She wasn´t generalising, it´s just she met few of those kind of girls, that´s why she had this opinion. The truth is that she didn´t even want to know how is Yoona like.  But now, talking with her face to face, she felt curiosity. She didn´t know why but she felt that Yoona is not just a pretty face , that under that doll like appearance there is something more. Maybe that´s why she stopped her to ask.

- What did you read?

 

 Yoona POV:

Yoona turned her head to the girl. Somehow she was glad that Amber made “a step” towards her.

- I don´t have a favourite one, but I love Nana, Peach girl, Skip Beat, Vampire knight, Hana Yori Dango, oh, and Marmelade boy!Yoona smiled remembering how many times she read that manga.

 

         Amber POV:

Amber smiled. So this is what she likes? It wasn´t really her style.

- Marmelade boy? Is it the one about a couple that believe that they are siblings ? 

Yoona smiled back.

- Yes, it is! Did you read it?

- Well I didn´t read it, but I remember when I was younger I saw the anime on TV.

- Me too! She saw how Yoona´s eyes´s were sparkling in excitement. What about you? What manga did you read?

- Well, I realy like Nana, but there are others too, like Akira, Rosario to vampire, BEC. 

She saw that Yoona was a little confused. She guessed she didn´t read it.

- I think I heard about it , but I didn´t read it. What are they about? 

Without realising they spent 15 minutes at the door of Amber´s room, talking about manga. Yoona made some memos on her phone with the titles of mangas that Amber liked, to try to read it later. They were laughing when Jonghyun approached them.

- Amber, Yoona-shi, the adults were asking for you.

- Thank you Jonghyun-shi. We are coming down.She looked at Amber. Thanks for telling me. I will look for it. Yoona smiled widely and Amber automatically smiled back. “Why does she feel so comfortable with her?”, thought Amber and saw how Yoona turned her back to go down.

- There is a fair of manga next week. Yoona stopped and looked back. Wanna go?

- Really? I would love to! Once again she was surprised by the warmth of Yoona´s smile.

- Then it´s decided! I will call you. Let´s go! 

They joined the others. In a very good mood the two families said their goodbyes.

 

On their way back Yoona´s parents were talking when they should invite Lee family to their house. They tried to include Yoona in their discussion, but seeing that her thoughts were somewhere far, they left her alone.

Yoona was thinking about Amber. It was strange how much she wanted to befriend with this girl. It looked like Amber was the type of person that doesn´t trust anybody. Maybe it was one of the reasons  she wanted to gain her trust.

 

Meanwhile, the house of Lee family:

 

- We had a great time together, right ? mr Lee asked his wife.

- Yes, we did! They are such nice people!

- They will contact us for a dinner at their place. I´m sure he just wants to show me how great is his house. He started to laugh.

- Yeobo!

- Just kidding!

- I think it´s a great idea! We have to make sure that Donghae goes with us this time. By the way what do you think about Yoona ?

Mr. Lee looked at his wife trying to understand what is she thinking.

- Darling , I don´t think it´s a good idea to interfere. Donghae is big enough to decide. And besides, do you really think he doesn´t have a girlfriend?  Our handsome son?

- I thought you are upset with him for not showing up at the dinner, and here you are praising him, she smiled looking at her husband.

- I am, but that doesn´t change the facts.

- That your son is handsome?

- Exactly! What girl could resist his charms?

- Did he ever brought a girl to our house? 

Mr. Lee looked confused at the question.

- No he didn´t..

- Then that means he doesn´t have a girlfriend. It´s not like I´m trying to marry him right now. But I believe it´s a good idea for the two of them to meet.

- Yeobo.. 

 

Next morning.

       - Good morning everyone! 

Mr and mrs Lee, Amber and Jonghyun who were sitting at table were surprised to see smiling Donghae entering the kitchen.

- Good morning mom!Donghae gave a hug to mrs Lee and kissed her on the cheek.

- What happened? Why are you so happy today?

- Just.. I don´t know, I just feel great! Donghae smiled and sat next to his father.

- Where have you been yesterday?  I asked you to be home.

- I´m sorry dad, I had to help Kyuhyun with something.

- Really? And it could not wait till today ?

- No. Dad come on! It´s just a dinner!

 - It was a friend I didn´t see for a long time. I wanted to introduce my family!

- Yeobo! He sad he was sorry, right?

- Words ! I don´t see that he is sorry at all. 

Mrs. Lee put her hand on Donghae´s shoulder. The boy looked at her and saw a reproach in her eyes. He covered her hand with his.

- I´m sorry. I will be there  next time.

- You better be! Cause we will be invited to their house next week.

- By the way, Donghae, they have a beautiful daughter..

- Mom !

- Yeobo!

- Just listen! She´s nice, opened, has a beautiful smile..

- Mom, are you trying to set me up with her?He looked at her with surprise.

- Oppa, you know how much mom dreams to have a normal girly daughter, so I believe it´s a good idea to help her with that. 

Donghae looked at Amber. By the look on her face, he knew she had something to do with that.  “I knew she won´t forgive me that easy.”

 

Im family house

 

It was a beautiful day and Yoona was enjoying the sun´s warmth on her balcony. She was smiling widely with no reason. “It´s going to be a great day!”

 

Few hours later:

The classes were over. Since the girls had plans already,  they decided to do something together the next day.

After saying goodbye to the girls, Yoona decided to go to the library. Since she was in such a good mood today, she wanted to read something that was going well with her state at that moment.

 She loved the college´s library. It was huge with paralel high rows with books , where you could find anything you wanted.

She went to one of the last rows where was the poetry section,  and sat on the floor with a book in her hands. She enjoyed to be in this kind of place surrounded by so many books that contained the hearts and the souls of so many different authors, their feelings and  thoughts that they were sharing with readers like her.

A book could make her cry, smile or laugh, a mixture of feelings that could make your heart beat faster. And she loved it.

Suddently her thoughts were interupted by the sound of steps. Two persons stopped on the previous row to hers.

Hope they won´t make noise” thought Yoona when she heard a familiar voice.

- Why did you bring me here Hara-shi?

Hearing this voice Yoona opened widely her eyes in shock. She didn´t know why, but she was sure it´s Lee Donghae. Why she keeps bumping into this guy???

- There is something I want to give to you.Yoona heard that the girl´s voice was shaking a little. “Don´t tell me it´s ..”

- Here..

- Is this a love letter? Yoona heard Donghae asking.

“So she  was right in her suspicions. How can someone give HIM a love letter?”thought Yoona, but suddently something came to her mind. “Hara-ssi? The most popular girl of the college?

She remembered when she saw her for the first time. A girl that looked like a doll with a slim figure and  a beautiful face. Yoona remembered how the girls told her that the guys are crazy about her. Her thoughts were interrupted by their discussion.

- In this letter I wrote about my feelings, she heard Hara saying.

- I can see it in your eyes, answered Donghae.

Yoona covered her ears. “This cheesy bastard”. She didn´t want to listen for it anymore , so she decided to sneak out. She put the book back on its place and crawled to the beginning of the row. She was thinking of a plan how to get out of there without beeing noticed when she heard.

- Donghae-shi..

- You felt that too? That something between us? You and me, I think  it´s destiny.

Those words sounded so familiar, thought Yoona. “Wait a moment! These are the words he told her in the park!”

“He tells the same words to all the girls! What a cheesy bastard!”

- WHAT???? Asked Donghae with a surprised and in the same time angry voice.

OMG !!!! Yoona covered trying to understand what is happening. “Did she just say it LOUD??????”

Still in shock she heard steps comming to her direction. In a second she understood that if she won´t move, Donghae will find her sitting there at the beggining of the row.

At that moment it didn´t matter if he will recognize her or not , by the sound of his voice she knew she will be dead anyway. Yoona stood up quickly and rushed to the opposite side of the row, so when Donghae got there he saw her back and got a glimpse of her face. He ran after the girl but she already made a turn and has hidded in one of the rows. He tried to find her but she was already gone.

- Donghae-shi !!Hara finally found him. Who was that? And what did she mean? She was looking at him questionally.

- We´ll talk some other time, saying that he turned and walked away.

- Donghae-shi!! Donghae-shi !!

 

Walking through the corridors of the college Donghae was thinking about what just happened. Who was that? Who dared ? Suddently he stopped remembering the girl that he saw. Her bag, her outfit,  the glimpse of her face and her ponytail.. Ponytail.. That ponytail looked familiar.. Few flashbacks came to his mind. Donghae smiled deviously.

- Cheesy bastard?Let´s see if you can resist this cheesy bastard´s charm.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Hey !!! I hope you will like this chapter ;))). The next one will show a serious turn in Yoona- Donghae relationship, so stay tuned !!! 

And I wanted to say, for those of you who read my other story "Fated", I will update a chapter in few days !!!! Take care !!!