Friends

Yoonhae roller coaster

 

The people in the cafeteria became silent. Yoona felt like everybody was looking at them.  "My school life couldn´t start any better" thought the girl, but what was worrying her the most at that moment was the guy in front of her.  "Will he recognize me?". She closed her eyes and turned her head to the left praying thet he won´t recognize her.

- You!!!

"Crap! He remembered!" thought the girl in panic.

- Don´t you see where you´re going? You spill the juice all over my shirt!

Yoona opened her eyes in shock. "He didn´t recognize me!"

- Donghae , let her go!

Yoona felt how someone released her from his grasp.

- It´s just a shirt. Don´t worry, I´ll pay for it.

- Unnie!

Yoona took Taeyeon´s hand.

- I think "sorry" will be enough, don´t you think? Taeyeon looked at Donghae intensilly. It´s not like she is the only one to blaim.  Donghae glared at her.

Yoona bowed in front of the guy.

- I apologize. I´ll pay for the expenses, she said with her head down.

- Come on Hae! Don´t scare the little girl. Yoona heard somebody else´s voice, but she didn´t dare to look at who it was.

- Hey Eunhyuk! said Taeyeon.

- Ohayo! I´ll take this angry man away from here, ok ?

From her position Yoona saw how the guy took Donghae´s hand and started to drag him away.

The girl raised her head and looked at the 2 guys who were walking away bickering.

- Let me go! Donghae was trying to push Eunhyuk away.

- Just relax man!

The blond guy looked back and waved at them,

- See ya girls!

"What just happened?"thought Yoona in a daze until Taeyeon didn´t shake her.

- Are you alright?

- Unnie, I´m sorry. Yes, I´m fine.

Taeyeon took the cup from the floor and threw it in the garbage can.

- The cleaning lady will take care of it. Let´s go.

Yoona bowed in front of the woman that approached them.

- Don´t worry child.

 

Feeling that a lot of people were still watching her she hurried to follow Taeyeon.

They stopped next to a table with a group of girls.

- What just happened? asked a blond girl. She stood up and came closer to Yoona watching her like a showpiece in a museum.

- Did you just spill something on prince´s shirt?

"Maybe she´s his girlfriend?" thought Yoona and bowed in apology.

- I´m sorry.

- Hyoyeon! Stop joking!

The girl called Hyoyeon patted her on the back.

- Good job girl!

Yoona looked at the smiling girl with confusion. "Is she serious?"

- Sometimes he acts like such a jerk. said another girl sitting at the table, with a cute ponytail.

- I wish I could have seen his expression, but all I could see was his back. Ah, next time you´ll do that..

- Hyoyeon! The girl raised her hands and looked at Taeyeon.

- Ok, ok, just kidding. She stretched her right hand towards Yoona.

- I didn´t introduce myself. My name is Hyoyeon. 

- My name is Yoona.

- Did we met before? Your face looks familiar.

- I just moved from the south.

- Never been there.

- Hyoyeon, just leave the girl alone. You´re confusing her even more.

- Ok, I´m done. She made a move as zipping .

- Now that you know Hyo, let me introduce you my other friends. Girls, this is Yoona.

- Hey Yoona!

- The one with the eye smile is Tifanny.

- Hi , call me Fanny. Yoona nodded.

- The short one is Sunny.

- I´m not short!

- You are and you know it!

Sunny pouted her lips.

"She´s so cute" though Yoona.

- You think she´s cute right? asked Hyoyeon and Yoona nodded in response. Seeing that, Sunny smiled happily.

- You´ll get tired of it..

Sunny made a move wanting to grab Hyo by her collar, but the girl hid behind Yoona´s back.

- She can be scary sometimes, Hyoyeon whispered at Yoona´s ear.

- And this is our serious maknae Seohyun.  

- Nice to meet you Yoona-shi. A brunette girl bowed towards Yoona.

- Don´t think that she´s cold, or arogant .started Taeyeon.

- It´s just she´s extremly polite and does everything according to the rules of eticket or whatever. finished Hyo.

- Unnie! Yoona saw that Seohyun was a little indignant.

- Bian.

- Where is Sooyoung? Taeyeon asked Sunny and Tiffany.

- Do you need to ask? You can find her where the food is. She went to take a hamburger.

- I told unnie that it´s not healty but she never listens. Seohyun shook her head in disapproval.

- She´s a shikshin after all.

- Oh there she is!

Yoona turned around to see the girl they were talking about and she got a huge surprise.

It´s not like she was expecting someone corpulent but she definitely didn´t expect to see this tall skinny beautiful girl that was walking towards them waving her hair back and forth.

She put her board on the table and Yoona was shocked to see how many thing were on it.

- This time I think I did it, said Sooyoung.

- What?

- I think I convinced them to include some italian dishes in the menu.

- You mean salads? asked Tiffany

- Are you crazy? Salads? No! Pasta, pizza, lasagna.

Yoona smiled listening for the girl. Finally Sooyoung noticed Yoona. She looked at Tiffany.

- Who? asked the girl like Yoona wasn´t there.

Sooyoung stretched her hand.

- My name is Sooyoung.

- I am Yoona.

- Nice to meet you Yoona.

- She´s a new student in our college. Added Taeyeon.

- Aaaa, I hope you´ll like being here. Our colege is daeback! You´ll see. And the food here is quite awesome. Everybody started laughing.

- You couldn´t not say something about food, couldn´t you? said Sunny.

Yoona was a little taking aback. All the girls were so pretty. Their eyes were sparkling with sincere sympathy and she felt warm inside, like she found real friends.

All the time they had their meal, the girls were asking Yoona about her. It turned out that she and Seohyun were the maknaes of the group, and more, they were on the same faculty. The girls were joking and laughing all the time and not even a moment Yoona didn´t feel that she was a stranger.

    -  Yoona unnie, what´s your next class?

    -   It´s “Art history”

    -  Then we have it together. I think we´ll better leave to not be late. 

Sooyoung tapped her on the back.

            -  Our correct maknae.

            -   Let´s go!

Seohyun smiled hearing Yoona´s answer.

         -  Girls! Taeyeon´s  voice stopped them, what plans do you have for tomorrow? 

         -  None!

         -  Me too!

         -  Same here!

         - We have to show Yoona around, starting with our favourite places and I was thinking to start with the ramyun shop.

         -  If it´s about food, I´m in!

         -  Me too!

         -  You can count on me.

          -  Yoona , what about you?asked Sunny and all the girls turned to her waiting for her answer.

          -  I would love to, said Yoona and Tiffany started to clap her hands.

          - Then tomorrow after the classes are over we´ll meet in the cloister of the college.

          - Now go!

          - See ya later!

           - Bye girls!

On their way to the class Yoona and Seohyun started talking. It was so interesting for Yoona to discover how different they were, but Yoona felt very attached to this shy girl. Both of them were the only children in their families. She was the dongsaeng Yoona always dreamed to have , so she wanted to be a good unnie for Seohyun.

        

         After the classes were over Yoona said goodbye to Seohyun and took the metro to go home. Sitting in the metro she was thinking about her first day in the college. Well, the beginning was not that good since she met the crazy guy and that could blow her cover, but she was lucky enough to not be recognized by him. It seems that the guy was pretty popular in the college because many times during the day she caught angry glimpse from different girls and heard fragments of conversations about the “crazy girl that dared to destroy the Prince´s shirt”. By the way they were looking at her, Yoona was sure that many of them wanted to approach and confront her about the matter, but she was always with Seohyun and the other girls and she guessed that this was the reason they didn´t. She smiled to herself. She wanted to  have a quiet college life and be unnoticed and now a lot of girls were upset with her. But she wasn´t worried knowing it was a matter of time. Soon everybody will forget about what happened at the cafeteria. What she should be careful about , is that guy. Since they study at the same colege, she has to avoid him as much as possible. Who knows, maybe she won´t be that  lucky next time?

 

         Next day

         After the classes were over Yoona and Seohyun were walking to the cloister. On their way there the girls were talking about their homework project that they were tasked to do in pair. Both girls were excited to do their first project together and were discussing their ideas.

The other girls that were waiting for them in the cloister caught a little of their conversation.

-  Oh my God! Yoona, don´t tell me you´re a nerd just like our Seohyunie!  Hyoyeon rolled her eyes back her head.

 -  Unnie!It´s a very important project!  Said Seohyun.

Everybody started laughing. Yoona smiled.

- It´s our first project together , that´s why we´re so excited.

- The classes are over so we stop talking about homework and projects. I´m hungry!!! Let´s go!  Sooyoung started to push all the girls towards the entrance door.

After 15 minutes they were sitting in a ramyun shop smelling tasty flavors. The girls took the menu deciding what dish they will order. Yoona already knew what she will take so she was looking around the place. It was a very well decorated locale that suited her taste. Watching around she noticed the waiter that was running from a table to another  taking orders and laughing loud with all the girls. Taeyeon followed her gaze.

-  What do you think about that guy?

All the girls, except Seohyun, were looking at her attentively waiting for her answer, but Yoona didn´t notice that.

- Well he´s not really my type.

-  Why? 

Yoona didn´t know what to say.

- Maybe he laughs too much. 

Taeyeon started laughing and all the girls joined her.

- You´re right, I told him that so many times. 

Yoona looked at her with surprise. “Maybe she did something wrong?”

- Unnie I´m sorry if I said something wrong. You know him?

-  Yes, he´s my boyfriend. 

The girls started to laugh at Yoona´s shocked expression.

- Your eyes will fall out of the orbits.Taeyeon touched Yoona´s nose.

- I see my girls are in a happy mood today. Yoona heard a guy´s voice, turned her face and met the gaze of the guy they were just talking about.

- What a cutie pie you have here!!  Yoona´s eyes popped out of her head again.

“Is he really her boyfriend?”Yoona felt a little panic attack, she remembered Yuri´s face when she heard once how Yesung was complimenting Yoona about her doll like face. She looked at Taeyeon waiting to find a negative reaction, but was surprised to see her smiling . She smacked him on the shoulder .

         - Oppa!

         - Hey , I´m Leeteuk!  He stretched his hand and under the encouraging gaze of Taeyeon Yoona shook it.

         - My name is Yoona!

         - Even with this glasses you look like an angel. So you´re friends with this crazy girls!

Leeteuk jumped away before Sooyoung´s hand could land on his back. “It looks like he has experience”, thought Yoona.

- Oppa!  Sunny pouted cutely.

- You´re dating one of this crazy girls , remember ? said Tiffany showing her eye smile.

- Well, I regret it everyday.

- You´re so death!  Taeyeon hurried to grab Leeteuk but he didn´t run , on the contrary, he walked towards her and hugged her tight.

- Just kidding, baby. I love you!

All the girls, including Yoona were watching them with tenderness. She guessed that the girls were used with the bickering scenes and the hugging after, reacting like nothing happened.

         They had a great time eating delicious food and talking about everything. From time to time Leeteuk was approaching their table giving some witty comments to the girls and running away seeing their indignation. After the meal the girls went to the park to enjoy the good weather and each other´s company.

         When Yoona came back home her parents noticed a beautiful smile on her face. The wide smile they didn´t see for a long time.

- I already ate , so I´ll just have a glass of juice and a toast with gem, ok? She kissed both of them on the cheek and hurried upstairs.

- I´m so happy to see her like that. Mrs Im looked at her husband.

- Me too darling. By the way, you won´t believe whom I met  today in the company.

- Who?

- Lee Donghwa!

- Do I know him?

- Well , not personally. Remember I told you stories about my student life at the university? He was one of my friends. We promised to keep in touch ,  but eventually didn´t.

- Yes, now I remember. But so many years have passed!

- He was the first to recognize me! I couldn´t believe my eyes! Now he´s an important man. He owns a construction company and is one of our clients.

- That´s so great that you met after so many years!

- You´re right! Now that we found eachother we want to keep in touch. He invited us for dinner at his house.

- When?

- Actually tomorrow. I´m sure he just wants to show what a wonderful house he has, cause he built it himself.

- You´re not serious , right ?

- Yes, just kidding. He wants to meet my family and to present his. When we were at the university we were dreaming that we will meet with our families and our kids will play together. He hugged his wife.

- He has 3 children, can you imagine? Two boys and a girl. He won in this one. 

Mrs Im started to laugh.

- Are you competing again, just like the old days?

- I guess I am.

- We have to tell Yoona about the dinner. 

- We´ll do it tomorrow. 

 

Next day at the colege.

 

Yoona  was walking with Seohyun to the theatre  class when she saw Donghae talking with a guy. Since she was trying hard to avoid him, her first instinct was to hide behind Seohyun´s back but she couldn´t do it because they hit into each other. There was a moment of confusion when both girls were trying to understand what the other one was thinking. But then, like at a signal, the girls turned their heads to the guys to see if they noticed them. When they saw that they didn´t, Yoona grabbed Seohyun´s hand and pulled her behind one of the collums in the corridor.

Relieved for a second , the next one the girls turned to each other and asked in the same time.

- Are  you hidding from someone?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. What do you guys think? Who is the guy Seohyun is hiding from? :)))  I´ll update in few days so stay tuned !!