Prologue : Oh Joy

The Time

Kibum woke to the loud beeping of an alarm clock. Normally he would curse the world for ever having to rotate and bring back the sun- But that day was different. That day he had a smile on his lips and a fluttering heart beating away at his ribcage. He had a suitcase (or Five) packed full of clothes, a few school books and everything and anything one could possibly need for an out-of-Country Senior Class Trip. He had a flight of 13 hours, to hopefully waste away with his friend, and  then it was freedom.

Freedom to go crazy in Italy.
 
He was going to Italy.
 
ITALY.
 
Italy, the place where his Mother had told him about art gallories, devine fountains, beautiful landscapes and water fronts. The place where his Mother fell in love for the very first time. He was so beyond excited that he could feel his entire body jittering, waiting to be awake enough to fling off his blanket and throw on his pre-chosen wardrobe. He just wanted to be there already.
 
"Wake up, wake up."
 
Slapping his cheeks lightly, Kibum sighed and blinked the sleep away from his eyes. 
 
"Wake uppppp~"
 
With a smile he rolled out of bed, grimacing as his feet met a cold hardwood floor, and made his way to his desk. He yawned, picking up his under shirt and gawking as his eyes were met with a small tear in the side. Without a second thought he tossed it onto his bed, reasoning with himself to fix it later or just throw it out when he got back, before tugging his shirt over his head and flattening his hair best to his ability- Which really wasnt that hard since it was pretty damn straight. 
 
"Kibum, breakfast before you go!"
 
Kibum cringed. He just wanted to leave, get to the airport and be gone. 
 
GONE TO ITALY!
 
He squealed lightly at the thought and danced into his skinny jeans, which was extremely hard mind you; He had to of planted his face into his bed at least four times before he successfully got his left foot into his pantleg. After peeling himself from his bed and yanking on a belt, he grabbed his luggage and dragged it down the hallway to the enrtyway-
 
"Kibum?!"
 
So close.
 
"Yes, Mom?"
 
Please don't say-
 
"Aren't you going to let me bring you to the airport? You don't want your own Mother to see you off?"
 
That.
 
With a sigh he nodded, not being able to hide the small smile that graced his face as he watched the older woman jump around trying to find her keys and shoes. Really, he had no idea where he got his OCD tendencies from. Obviously not his Mother.
 
"KAY LET'S GO!"
 
With the closing of the front door he was off. And of course the breakfast being forgotten just helped him get there faster.
 
Gotta love Mom's untidiness.
 
 
 
Kibum felt his eye's widen. He had been to plenty of airports. But this thing was...Big. Really, big. He shook his head and bent down to hug his Mother goodbye as he reached security check, reassuring her that he would call as often as he could and would stay out of trouble; Especially the kind that had long legs, soft hair and big eyes. He just had to roll his eyes at that one.
 
Once he had made it through security- It had taken a few times, seeing as he had a few piercings he wasnt going to take out just for a fat old male with the seeming suspition that he was either going to unscrew a lip piercing and use it as a weapon or was somehow using a tiny metal bar to smuggle drugs out of the country- He trudged his way over to his gate, where he was greeted by a few of his classmates and half of the Senior Class Staff. He smiled as his eyes landed on one student in particular; Ashe hair peeking from under a hood, and a pair of Chuck-covered feet swinging over the arm rest of a chair as the male napped lightly.
 
"Lee Taemin sit properly before I make you."
 
Said male grimaced, flicking his eyes open and smiling brightly up at Kibum as he plopped onto the chair beside him and smacked his thigh lightly.
 
"Now."
 
"Yes Mommy~"
 
Kibum chuckled light heartedly at the playful mocking, heaving a sigh as he placed his carryon bag by his feet and dug around for his sweatshirt as it was airconditioned. He frowned at the thought of going from an airconditioned airport to an equally chilled airplane. He really hoped Italy wasnt cold. That would and totally ruin everything. Ok maybe not everything.
 
"Kimmie, can you lend me your headphones when we board? I broke mine a few minutes before I got here..."
 
Turning in his seat Kibum came face-to-face with Jinki, his caramel hair pulled out of his fasce with one of the cutest beenie's he had ever seen, and his eyes smiling happily behind his always present glasses. He smiled at the older, unable to say no as usual. Off to his side, Kibum noticed Taemin straighten in his chair, throat clearing and eyes diverting to the floor and-
 
"OH LORD."
 
He whipped his head back as Jinki, with pink cheeks and twinkling eyes, lifted something small...Square...Oh my God, was that a ?!
 
"Kimmie, I really didn't picture you to be the kind..."
 
"I-...No, that was...Uh...MY MOM!"
 
Jinki's cheeks were still pink as he laughed and dropped the item back into Kibum's bag, not so discreetly chattering about how he really would not like to find another in his search for headphones that actually worked.
 
Add kill Mom to list of things to do when getting back.
 
 
 
Being on planes had never been a huge problem. Kibum rather enjoyed them, actually. But as he sat between Two people who couldnt seem to graciously part ways with the ground? He hated planes with a passion. Taemin was whinning, clutching onto his arm with a death grip tight enough to cut off all circulation to his Right arm as Jinki sat to his Left, face a pale shade of green and fists clenched so hard his skin was turning White. He swore to God if Jinki puked on him even ONCE, he was going to kill someone. Lip piercing would work, now that he thought about it.
 
Smart, old guard. Smart.
 
He usually couldnt whipe the smile from his face at the feeling of lifting off, but this time he frowned and tried to loosen the grip on his arm. If the entire trip was like this...He didn't even want to think about it.
 
 
 
By the time they had landed and were all dead tired as they walked through the foreign airport, Jinki had run for the bathroom Four times and Taemin had actually cried a few times. Kibum on the other hand was ready to collapse onto a bed and die until his body stopped feeling the affects of jetlag. And getting into a Taxi was not helping. He leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes, regretting his headache for the fact of missing out on sights and people and things he wouldnt be seeing until they were returning home. He, however, did not regret closing them as he felt the Taxi slowing down; He opened his eyes and watched things blur pased them as the driver went much too fast for safety (oh God, if he had been slowing down then how fast had they been going at 'normal' speed?!) and came to a rather abrupt halt in front of a quaint, old-styled Hotel. The second that door was opened, he was thanking whoever would listen for the amazing thing called The Ground.
 
"Ugh, I still feel like im gonna be sick..."
 
"LAND, BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL LAAAAAND!"
 
Kibum rose an eyebrow at the sight of a newly awoken Taemin attempting to hug the cobblestone street below him. Although he really did have the urge to join him, he pulled the younger to his feet and followed after their History Teacher into the Hotel-
 
His jaw dropped.
 
'Elevator out of order.'
 
Dirty floors and a light layer of dust covering the front desk had Kibum utterly disgusted. What was this? What was the school's actual budget?! 
 
This trip was sounding a whole lot better from his Mother's stories. 
 
On the brighter side, at least he wasnt thrown up on as Jinki speed walked for the nearest restroom with a hand over his mouth.
 
Welcome to Italy, the land of barfing and uncleanliness.
 
Oh joy.
 
A/N: LE PROLOGUE. LOVE IT. HATE IT. YOU CHOOSE. lol sorry Im kind of eccentric sometimes e u e"