Chapter 7 - Jewellery shop

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What? Seriously? But, I thought you prefers to give each other some time to explore our feelings?" Kyuhyun said, now fully focused on Ryeowook. He continued "I'm okay with that, Ryeong, so don't worry about it. We can take our time..."

Ryeowook put her fingers at Kyuhyun's lips to stop him from talking. "I have explored my feelings, and I'm ready to take this seriously and you can buy the ring to propose to me..." she smile. 

Kyuhyun grinned happily, took her fingers, and kissed them. "Okay!! Let's get the ring this weekend!" and he pulled her into a hug and kissed her repeatedly until she giggled and playfully pushed him away. Kyuhyun pulled her back and hugged her tightly.

Kyuhyun was in a good mood for the remaining days and Changmin noticed this.

"Wahhhh, somebody is in a very superb mood. Must be something to do with Wook!" Changmin teased Kyuhyun, when he went to Kyuhyun's room to pass him a file.  Kyuhyun was whistling happily while typing something on his laptop.

"Finally, Ryeong said okay for me to buy her a ring and to propose to her..." Kyuhyun grinned.

"Ohh wowww, congratulations! But, ermmm, I thought she prefers to go slow and explore your feelings?" Changmin sat on the seat opposite Kyuhyun's desk.

"Yes, and I was surprised too. I did tell her that I'm okay to take it slow, so she don't have to force herself to do something that she wasn't ready. But, she told me that she has explored her own feelings,  and she is very sure that she loves me and want us to be together!" he smile happily. 

"Ahhh, that's great then!! When are you buying the ring?" Changmin asked.

"This weekend, and she's coming along. It's better,  since I didn't know her ring size" he told Changmin. 

"You want to checkout the variety of rings first? I can accompany you to the jewellery shop that I bought the ring for my wife..." Changmin suggested.

"Ohh, that's a good idea, Chwang! Yes, why not! Want to go now?" Kyuhyun said excitedly.

"Yup, okay!" Changmin grinned. Then he remembered something "Ohhh by the way, this file has all the info that you need for NCT Technology. You can use this to counter-offer what D&E Corp has offered them. Make use of the digital advancement that we can offer to them..." Changmin tapped at the file which he put on Kyuhyun's table.

"Thanks Chwang! I will read through and do up the proposal" Kyuhyun took the file and kept it in his drawer. He got up "Let's go for lunch then we go to the jewellery shop?"

"Alright! Let's go" Changmin got up too. "I'll drive coz I want to top up petrol later" he told Kyuhyun,  who mouthed "okay".

On their way out, Kyuhyun received a call from Minho.

"Heyy Minho. Chwang and me are going for lunch. You and Suho want to join us?" Kyuhyun asked, turning to Changmin to ask if he was okay with it. Changmin gave a thumbs up and held the lift door for Kyuhyun. 

"Okay, Chwang's driving.  We'll pick you two up in..." Kyuhyun looked at his watch "10 minutes time" he said, glancing at Changmin who nodded at him. 

Changmin bent nearer to Kyuhyun's phone and said loudly "Don't be late!" to Minho.

Minho said "Okayyyy!" and they heard his laughter.

While Kyuhyun and Changmin worked in the same office who specialises in digital financing, Minho and Suho were colleagues in another office, who specialises in environmental engineering. 

The four of them have been games buddies for years, and the first time Changmin and Kyuhyun met Minho and Suho was after they participated in the League of Legends, a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that has a huge following in South Korea.

They became closed friends ever since, and their combined forces won them 2nd place in the League of Legends 2 years ago, where they shared the prize money equally.

While StarCraft is still popular till today, this League of Legends has taken the lead! As of November 2023, League of Legends (LoL) has taken up around 44 percent of the total play time in PC bangs. South Korea's top League of Legends player has earned around 1.6 million U.S. dollars in prize money alone! 

Everytime when the 4 of them got together, they were really rowdy and noisy with teasing and laughter! And same thing during their lunch today, they were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter