Chapter 3 - Feeling shy

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't just Changmin, in fact everyone noticed the changed in Kyuhyun for the past 2 months. He brought breakfast from home, kept texting on his phone, and went home early from work, especially on Fridays.

He used to work late till at least 11pm, and on Fridays, he would go for a drink with his buddies.

"Sorry Minho, I can't join you all. But come over as usual tomorrow okay?" Kyuhyun told his buddy, who called him to persuade him to join them for a drink, after Changmin complaint that he failed to persuade Kyuhyun.

"Kyu-hyung, just today, please? Chwang's wife visited her family, so Chwang can stay late, and we can go for a cafe with live band..." Minho tried again.

It wasn't that Kyuhyun didn't want to spend time with his friends on Fridays, but he has started to like spending time with Ryeowook. 

Their new-found favourite activity on Friday nights was watching Netflix together! Ryeowook would bake cookies or fried a bowl of nacho chips, and they munched happily in front of the TV.

And Kyuhyun loved it. He started to feel relax and stress-free. And he always looked forward to Fridays, spending time at home!

Even during any of their meal time, he loved having conversations with Ryeowook and felt that he could talk anything with her, even regarding his work.  She was very practical, very down to earth, and what she said always make sense and Kyuhyun began to re-think why he had been trying to solve problems in a difficult way when there were always a simple solution!

They were sipping tea on a rainy Saturday late morning after their breakfast, and it has been 3 months since Ryeowook moved in. She made simple breakfast today, because she was baking apple pie, and once the apple pie was cut,  Kyuhyun gobbled down 2 slices already.

"Ryeong, this apple pie is super delicious. You should consider starting an online business and sell this...." Kyuhyun said with his mouth full, and then sipped his tea. Even the tea was nice because Ryeowook had brewed it from the hibiscus flowers and mint leaves from their garden.

Ryeowook chuckled and cut for him another piece. She placed it on his dessert plate, much to his delight!

They had moved on to call each other by nicknames, eventhough Ryeowook didn't agree at first as she still respected him as her landlord. But Kyuhyun had insisted, so Ryeowook finally agreed. He called her 'Ryeong' and he had asked her to call him 'Kyu'.

"Aishhh Kyu, my baking is average and I only bake as a hobby. Anyway, it will be too much work to sell online, especially if orders are a lot. I scared that I might not be able to fulfil the orders...."

"You can accept orders on weekends only, you know, and restrict your orders to a certain number of boxes. At least it won't tire you out. Just a suggestion..." Kyuhyun grinned.

"I will give it a thought. You sure it's worth the taste? It taste average to me..." Ryeowook said humbly.

"What do you mean 'average? It's out of this World! I never tasted apple pie as good as this!" he told her honestly. "Are there some more? I want to let the guys try later when they are here!" he asked her. 

"I can bake more, but I need to buy more apples. There's a fruit shop opposite the intersection towards Myeongdong shopping street.  I will walk there later, after the rain stops" she smile.

"Let's go together? We can stroll along the shopping street to buy food for snacks and dinner" Kyuhyun asked her, raising his eyebrows.

Ryeowook nodded,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter