Chapter 6 - Scalded

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a busy week at Ryeowook's office. She has to submit the first draft of the Web design to the Ministry, and of all days, today their office network system was down due to some software bug.

She was talking to one software engineer guy over the phone "I need the system to be up as soon as possible. I have a dateline to meet! Can you please work on this on urgent basis?" 

"I'm sorry ma'am. We are still rebooting the whole server. It will take another hour to get the system to be stabilised.  But all designs and project works have been backed-up, so your work design is safe" the software engineer guy, Daniel, told her.

"I guess I have no choice but to wait..." she said sadly. It was coming to lunch time and she really wanted to finish early so that she could walkthrough the design with her boss before emailing it to the Ministry. And of all days too, Hyunsik was on leave today, so she has to do everything alone.

To make it worst, her menses came today and it was a heavy flow. She sighed "What a day today...." and looked out the window. It was snowing heavily, and she sighed again as she would need to go out during her lunch time to buy sanitary pads and pain killers. 

She received Kyuhyun text "I pick you up for lunch?"

"Ermm, but I need to go to a mini-mart to get my sanitary pads and pain killers" she replied him.

He called her instead! "Ohh, you are having your woman's thing? Are you okay?"

She sighed "It's a heavy flow, and I got cramps, and worst of all, our office system is down. I have a dateline today to submit my draft design... but now I can't do much..." she said sadly.

"My poor Ryeong. I think because you are too stress, so your flow is heavy" he told her based on what he knew.... because Changmin ever mentioned about his wife's period problem. "Ermm... can you leave early? I can pick you up around 11.45am. I'm at my client's office near your office and I can leave now..."

"Yes okay Kyu. My big boss told us to go for lunch too, since the system is still down. I go to the washroom and I'll wait for you at the driveway?" she told him, at the same time, taking out her handbag from her drawer.

"Okay, I'm on my way to my car. I should be there in 10 minutes. See you love" he gave a kissed sound and off his phone.

Ryeowook smile and got up to go to the washroom, carrying her handbag along, so that she could change her pad. Her cramps was getting bad as she has not taken any painkillers yet.

She was practically bending her body and holding on to the wall when Kyuhyun arrived.

Alarmed, Kyuhyun got out to help her into the car, and quickly drove off. "I bought painkillers and big pad already, so we go straight for lunch okay"

"Ohhhh...." she leaned back and turned her head to look at him gratefully. "You know how to buy woman's pad?" she smile weakly.

"What are husbands for....." he grinned at her, and continued "There wasn't anyone at the sanitary pads section and I just grab two packs with the thickest pad! I hope the brand is okay with you" he used his head to point to a carrier bag at the back seat.

Ryeowook reached over and took the carrier, and mumbled "Thank you for buying!" she said and opened up to see the pads. It was for long night sleep, but it was okay, at least she don't have to change the pad so often. She smile "This is okay, thank you so much hubby".

Kyuhyun chuckled and reached over to pinch her nose.

They ate their lunch at Munadeu, and Kyuhyun requested the cafe staff for a mug of warm water so that Ryeowook could take her painkillers.

"Thank you, Kyu" she told him as he passed her 2 tablets and gently coaxed her to drink the warm water.

"Was it this bad every month? I'm so sorry I didn't notice it previously...." he soothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter