Chapter 1 - A new job

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook stepped out from the building with a big smile. She got the job! She was accepted as Visual Designer and the pay was quite a substantial jump from her current job! She felt like jumping for joy!

Though still feeling happy, she sighed and raised her eyebrows. Because the only downside was, the company was in Dongdaemun Design Plaza, and she was currently staying in Incheon city.

"Hmm.... I will need to find an apartment here in Seoul, else it will be too much of a hassle to travel to and back from Incheon..." Ryeowook told herself, as she walked to a nearby Subway station. 

It would take approximately 2 hours by multiple trains, to travel here, and back to her hometown  in Incheon. 

Luckily, she had applied for a one day leave just to attend this interview. Else, she wouldn't know if she could get back in time since she would need to start work at 2pm, had she taken only morning leave.

She would submit her resignation tomorrow and she knew that her boss, Mr Kang, wouldn't like it. 

But she couldn't care less, as he had been taking advantage of her willingness to work overtime. He gave her unreasonable datelines and expected her to work overtime everyday, even on weekends!! And he has been trying to seduce her and wanted to make her his mistress! Enough was enough!

She boarded the subway from Dongdaemun station towards Chongshin Inlet (ISU) Station and got a seat at the far end of the car. She took out her phone to search for any long term accommodations in Seoul, particularly near Dongdaemun area.

She has to change train at another platform at Chongshin Inlet Station, so she got up and kept her phone in her bag.

Ryeowook boarded the next train towards Sangdong, and leaning against the inner side of the train-car, she took out her phone again to continue browsing for accommodations. 

There were plenty of 1 room apartments but most of them have no facilities like washing machine and dryer, probably because of the small size of the apartment. If she stayed at these 1-room apartment, she would need to spend money doing her laundry at a laundromat.

There were endless 1-room apartment advertisements that she got bored and almost fell asleep, when she was awaken by the announcement that the next station was Sangdong. 

Ryeowook shook her head to stay awake, and exited the train car. She walked towards Sangdong exit 8, to board another train towards Inha University back gate Station. 

She decided to continue with her browsing for apartments again. Then, one advertisement caught her attention.  It was a room for rent, not the whole apartment, in a 2-storey house, and it was in Myeongdong. She could actually walk to her workplace and it should only take her about 20 minutes!

"A room... hmm.. interesting..." and she read with interest and found out that the house has all the facilities that she was looking for, and the advertiser mentioned that the person who rent the room, is welcome to use any facilities in the house, which the home owner was willing to share.

"Shared with the owner? But what if the owner is a guy? Obviously he wouldn't want a girl to rent the available room, right?" Ryeowook was debating with herself. Nevertheless, she screen-captured the advertisement and  looked-up at the screen to check the next stop, and realised that it would be her stop, which was Incheon City Hall back gate station.

She walked out from the station, and took a bus to go back to her home.

Once in her room, she was contemplating whether to call the owner to enquire about the room,  or wait and browse other places first.

After about 15 minutes of debating, Ryeowook decided to just go for it! She called the number!

"Hello, Cho Kyuhyun speaking" the person answered, and he was a guy! But he has a nice voice.

"Errr hi, I'm.. I'm Kim Ryeowook...." she stammered.

"Yes..? Are you enquiring about the room for rent?" Kyuhyun asked from the other line. He has been receiving numerous calls regarding his room advertisement, but most of the callers eventually  rejected the rental as most of them preferred an apartment.

The owner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter