Chapter 2 - Marketing

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook retrieved the keys at the lockbox next to the gate, following Kyuhyun's guide in his text message. She took a coach from Incheon City to Seoul coach station, then took a cab, and arrived at Kyuhyun's home around 12noon.

When she opened the front door, the 1st thing she saw was a neat living room to her right, and a spacious walkway to the dining and kitchen area, in front of her. The staircase to the upper floor was just before the living area. 

She carefully brought in her 2 luggage, and put down her backpack and handbag. 

She saw a bowl on top of a quaint looking shoe rack, so she placed the keys in the bowl. She removed her shoes and put on a pair of blue slippers.

The house is neat, but plain and empty. No curtains, no table cloth, nothing cluttered, and smell wood. "Ahhh, I forgot,  Mr Cho is staying on his own, so probably he prefers something basic" Ryeowook smile.

An hour later, after unpacking and cleaned up her room, Ryeowook came down to check the laundry room and the kitchen.

The laundry room has cabinets, and she was surprised that there were nice looking curtains neatly folded in one of the cabinets.  Next to it, was a cabinet of table cloths, bedsheets and pillow cases. The washing machine and dryer were stacked opposite the cabinets, with detergent rack next to it.

She texted Kyuhyun to inform him that she had settled in, and asked his permission if she could do some redecorating.

"You are welcome to treat it as your home, Ryeowook-ssi, and please feel free to use whatever you need" was Kyuhyun's reply, with a smiling emoticon. They had been communicating a lot lately, and they had moved on to call each other by name.

Kyuhyun told her that his business trip was at Hakata, Fukuoka, Japan, and he would only be back on Friday evening. That means, Ryeowook would have the house to herself the whole week!

Ryeowook loved a homely happy home, so she started what she intended to do, but bearing in mind Kyuhyun's preference (neat and simple).

By 5pm, the house was transformed! The windows were with light baby-blue curtains, tables with dark blue tablecloths and she placed small bowls of homemade fragrance on the shoe cabinet, on the living room table, and on the kitchen cabinet.

She had found lavender essential oil in the laundry room, so she mixed it with 2 tablespoons of baking soda, a tinge of lemon and stir them with water. They made the house smell fresh and clean!

Ryeowook was happy that she could walk to her workplace, so she saved on transport money, and she could buy cheaper things at Namdaemun market. She had compare prices at Shinsegae supermarket, which were more expensive,  so Namdaemun market became her favourite place! 

Everyday, she would packed herself breakfast, and cooked dinner after she came back from work.

On Friday, after she reached home and showered, she started preparing homemade buckwheat noodle. She was boiling the broth when she heard the front door unlocked. She lowered the fire, and quickly grabbed a broom and rushed to the door.

Kyuhyun unlocked his door and carried his luggage in. Suddenly he sensed that somebody wanted to hit him and turned towards the person, ready to defend himself.

"Wowwwowww relax relax... err...you must be Ryeowook-ssi?" Kyuhyun put up his hand, and quickly asked her.

Ryeowook opened and closed , looking apologetic "Ohhh, Kyuhyun-ssi? I'm so sorry... I thought ...." she said, putting down the broom and looking relieved... "I thought it might be a burglar or something..." she said, and realised something when she smell something..."Ohh shucks, my soup" and she bowed quickly and rushed back to the kitchen.

Kyuhyun chuckled and followed her to the kitchen. After she turned off the stove,  she turned back to him, wiping her hands. 

"Hi, Kyuhyun-ssi, welcome back! Sorry about just now" she smile apologetically. 

"Woww she's pretty, eventhough without makeup" Kyuhyun told himself. Most of his female office colleagues were always with thick makeups! Then he smile "Hi Ryeowook-ssi, finally we got to meet!"

"Yes! Ermm.. I cooked dinner, it's buckwheat noodles. You want to shower first or, you are okay to eat now? It's nice when it's hot...." she smile while bringing over the pot of broth onto the dining table.

"You cooked this yourself? And you cook my share?" Kyuhyun asked with surprised. He rolled up his business shirt's sleeves, washed his hands, took 2 mugs, poured warm water, and sat down. The broth smell so good!

"Yes I did the noodle and broth, and no worries, it's more than enough for two people" she smile shyly. She filled up a bowl with noodles, added the broth, and politely put the bowl in front of Kyuhyun, then she filled up another bowl, for herself.

Kyuhyun digged in as he was hungry and the delicious smell was killing him! 

"OhmyGod this is so delicious!!" Kyuhyun mumbled with his mouth full. It was indeed the most delicious noodles that he had ever tried! And it was homecooked! He finished up even the broth!

"Have some more, Kyuhyun-ssi" and Ryeowook took some more noodles for him. "Glad that you like it" she smile.

"Thank you!" he told her when she put the refilled bowl in front of him. "It's the most delicious and satisfying noodles I've ever eaten!! You are really good, Ryeowook-ssi!" he praised her honestly.

"Ahhh, I'm just average. I learn a lot from my late grandma. She don't like to waste money buying things that we can do ourselves,  so I started learning to do a lot of things myself, even after she passes away.. " Ryeowook smile.

"I noticed that you put up the curt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter