Chapter 4 - A day at the beach

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going?" Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun. They were in Kyuhyun's car and he had suggested to go for a picnic, and asked Ryeowook to pack some food and drinks, plus sweaters.

It was Friday morning and a pulic holiday, so they set out early so that the traffic would not be too crowded.

"We are going to Daecheon Beach!" he grinned at her and when she mouthed the word 'woww', he asked "Have you been there before?"

"No, but I heard about it from my late appa before. He and his friends would drive from Incheon to Daecheon Beach to watch sunsets from the rocks at the south end, and have a beer party" Ryeowook chuckled, remembering her late father.

"Yes the sunset is nice and beach has a peaceful ambience surrounded by beautiful views! You will love it, but I don't think so we should stay until sunset. It will be too cold" he told her.

They found a secluded place, under a tree, and Kyuhyun spread the big picnic mat which he had brought along, and gestured Ryeowook to sit.

Daecheon Beach, located in Boryeong, Chungcheongnam-do, is a 3.5-kilometer-long, 100-meter-wide sandy beach. The beach has a gentle slope and clean sand, making it a popular summer vacation spot. As part of the western coast, the beach is also famous for beautiful sunsets. The beach area is divided into the areas of Sunset Plaza and Mud Square. Each area holds various fun events every summer.

"Interesting beach! And so peacefully beautiful!" Ryeowook admired her surroundings. She opened up a tub of grapes and passed it to Kyuhyun. 

They talked more about the beach and the waves, and then Kyuhyun's tone became more serious.

"Ryeong, the reason why I want to get away from home, is to have a heart to heart talk with you..." he said, and when Ryeowook turned to face him, he smile and continued "I don't really know when I started liking you, but the feeling grows, and I kind of missed you if I go to work and can't wait to go home to be with you again..."

"Kyu, I... " Ryeowook was debating on what to say. "I do like you, but I respect you as my landlord, and I know that I shouldn't cross the boundary...."

"Ryeong, I didn't create any boundaries and I treat you as my housemate, not a tenant. And I feel so blessed and happy that you are there. You make my home feel homely and I like it.... and I want you to be part of my life... permanently..." he said, looking straight into her eyes.

"I... I'm just a plain, simple girl..." she said humbly.

"But beautiful, on the outside and inside..." he smile, and sat closer. 

Taking her hands, he asked "I don't really know how to woo a girl because I never has any girlfriend, so let me go straight to the point" he smile,  and continued "Let's start a relationship? Be my girlfriend?" 

"Are you serious about this? I'm sure you have many admirers in your office...." she .

"I don't like any of them... I'm serious!" he quickly said when Ryeowook gave him an unbelievable looked. "And... the one I like... is you..." he looked at her sincerely. "I really like you, Ryeong, from the bottom of my heart..." he smile.

Ryeowook smile knowing that Kyuhyun was really sincere.  "I like you too, Kyu" she smile at him shyly.

"Thank you... And I don't want you to pay me the rent anymore..." he told her.

"What? No! I can't be staying there for free?!! I will still pay you the rent" she insisted. 

Kyuhyun thought for a while, and said "Okay okay, how about we open a joint account,  and you deposit your rent there? We can treat it as our savings for our future? I will save some money every month into that account too..." he suggested.

Seeing her hesitation, Kyuhyun squeezed her hands gently "Please trust me, Ryeong.  I'm serious about you, and I want us to start off by being boyfriend and girlfriend. And, let's go by my plan about the joint account?"

After a moment of silence, Ryeowook said "Okayyy..."

"Your okay is for which part...?" he grinned.

Ryeowook chuckled "All of the above... relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend,  joint account..."

Kyuhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter