Stay with me (Mannequeen Redlic x OC)

Street Women Fighter 2 Oneshots collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun is the type of girl that a lot of people would think of as a cold and mean person at first glance but when you really get to know her, she can be a different person in private.

Haeun: Jahoon~ I missed you so much~

Jahoon: You saw me just yesterday night.

Haeun sat at the empty seat beside me in the classroom and clung her arms together with mine. I stared at her and her confusing behavior. I have never seen her like this before.

Haeun: Still~ is it a crime to miss my friend?

Cera: What about us? We are your friends too?

Haeun: I know and I missed you guys too but mostly Jahoon.

The girls and I looked at each other, becoming a bit more worried at Haeun's sudden change while she just turned to wrap her arms around my waist and her head on my shoulder. I twisted and turned my whole body as best as possible to see if anyone was suspicious-looking. The only times that Haeun has ever been this clingy is when someone is bothering her so much that she can't take care of him herself and that alone is extremely rare.

Jahoon: Are you alright? Is there something or someone bothering you that I should take care of?

Haeun stared into my eyes momentarily with a puzzling look before it quickly turned into a smile. She shook her head and returned to the original position. Before any of us could come up with a comment, the teacher walked inside the room starting the class almost right away. I will have to keep an eye on her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Did you tell Haeun about...

Eunji: About you? No, I haven't but you should really find some time to talk with her. You know that she is going to get to know it sooner or later.

Jahoon: I know but I don't know how she will react to this... I don't want to hurt her...

Jihye: It's a pain that she will have to go through. It hurt us as well when you told us but you know that it will hurt Haeun more if she hears it from other people than personally from you.

All the other girls agreed with Jihye unnie. I sighed. Deep inside I knew what they were saying was true but still, I wasn't prepared to tell her yet. I could only lie and say that I would but I didn't say when.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nurse: Park Jahoon! The doctor is ready to see you.

I followed the nurse to the doctor's room and sat down in front of him.

Doctor: How have you been? Have you been feeling any pain or discomfort?

Jahoon: I do still feel pain here and there in my body but nothing more than the last time I was here.

Doctor: That is great to hear and the results we took the last time also seem to say the same. It doesn't look like the cancer has progressed to anything worse but on the other hand, it looks like it is slowly dying away with the chemotherapy treatment you are regularly receiving. Since everything is going in the right direction right now, we should keep our hopes high but as I have always told you-

Jahoon: I should be prepared for the worst but thank you.

I walked out of the doctor's room with a sigh. I was glad that everything was going well but it still meant that I wasn't out of the bushes yet.

Haeun: Jahoon?

I looked around and spotted Haeun staring at me in shock. It looked like I couldn't keep it away from her much longer. Haeun walked closer to me and scanned my face like she was looking for answers.

Haeun: What are you doing here? Are you here to visit someone?

Jahoon: Not really but we better find somewhere where we can talk a bit more in private.

We made our way to the rooftop where we were lucky that we were the only ones there because I didn't know how she would react. We sat down on one of the benches. I could feel my heart beating like crazy.

Jahoon: So the reason that I'm here is because.... I have cancer...

I could hear Haeun gasp. I turned around to look at her and saw her covering with her hands and trying to suppress the tears but without luck.

Jahoon: Oh, Haeun...

I pulled her into a hug as she wrapped her arms around my waist and her head against my chest as she was crying heavily. We held each other like that for a while. It was the first time that I had ever seen her cry this much and it breaks my heart to know that I was the reason for it. We pulled away from each other when she was beginning to calm down a bit.

Haeun: How long has it been going on?

Jahoon: Half a year....

Haeun: And you have been keeping it away from me that long? Do the other girls know about this?

I nodded at her. A look of disbelief was painted over her face.

Jahoon: I didn't really want to keep it away from you but I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to hurt you but I know that I ended up doing that.

Haeun: It sure did. It hurts to find it out like this. But how is it right now? It is not... bad, right?

Jahoon: Fortunately not so you won't be able to get rid of me yet.

Haeun: Not like I wanted to. I want you to stay with me for a long time.

Haeun wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her and tried to give her the best comfort that I could.

Haeun: Please don't go anywhere. I don't know what I would do without you.

Jahoon: You still have the other girls besides you.

Haeun: Yes but I love you.

Jahoon: And I love you too and I know that the other girls do as well.

Haeun looked at me with a frustrated look before grabbing my collar and pulling me closer to her, planting her lips on mine. It caught me by surprise. I never knew that she felt like that towards me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter