Min Yoongi, my not boyfriend boyfriend

Together but Not Together

I had not expected this. Yoongi never talked to me, in fact we had not interracted since that day. I'd seen him around a few times in my apartment building when he was visiting his aunt. But we always ignored each other, I made sure to. So this.. this was surprising. Yoongi was holding a straweberry milk toward's me. I took my headphone's off, rested them around my neck and grabbed the strawberry milk without breaking eyecontact.

"Be my girlfriend?" 

I poked the straw through the top and took a sip of the beverage, shaking my head no.

"I don't mean forreal. Be my pretend girlfriend?"

I didn't want to be interested, I usually wasn't. But now, I couldn't help myself from asking, "why?". I took another sip as Yoongi ran his hand through his hair. "Honestly, I can't deal with all these girls hitting on me all the time. It's so annoying, they won't leave me alone. You're the only one who doesn't care at all about me", he looks down at his fingers that are fidgiting with bracelet on his right wrist. "They'll leave me alone if they think I have a girlfriend, so I thought, you". I take another sip and put the bottle down. I my head to the right, not breaking eyecontact with Yoongi, and he is biting his lip. 

"No" I say.

"No?"

"No" I repeat. I uncross my legs and lean to grab my bag off the ground and Yoongi says, "I didn't want to do this, but do this or I will expose that you smoke to the school faculty". I let go of my bag and slowly sit back up looking at Yoongi, he seems serious. He takes out his phone from his pocket, presses a few times on the screen and then turns it to face me. There is a picture of me smoking in the alley, my face very visable.

I couldn't get in trouble, I was a straight A student. I needed to be to get a scholarship to the music university. My eyes shifted from the photo to Yoongi, and he put his phone back in his pocket. I cocked my head to the right again and he just stared at me, waiting for an answer, biting his lips again. 

"How long?"

"Only 7 months" he says. "Only" I mutter. "Only" Yoongi repeats. I nod my head once, and Yoongi smiles. I grab my bag leaving the half of the strawberry milk for Yoongi and walking back to the school building.

 

Sitting at me bench Minji was talking at me again. Something about a drama she was watching and how I should watch it because the male lead is so handsome. I hadn't noticed Yoongi was standing beside our desks until Minji went mute and was looking up at him confused. The rest of the class was watching. The girls whispering, the boys pretending not to care but secretly taking glances every couple minutes. "Minji right? Could I talk to Areum for a bit? You can take my seat until class starts?" Yoongi says. He is smiling at her, and like she has had a magic spell cast on her she nods, grabs her drawingpad and gets off her seat walking towards Jungkook. Yoongi sits down beside me and the popular girls whisper some more. I lean in and whisper into Yoongi's ear "People are staring". I lean out a bit and he is smiling at me, at this angle I can understand why the girls like him. "Don't worry about them" he says as I lean back into my chair.

 

"OMFG AREUM????" Minji was freaking out. I could tell she had not even been listening to the class. She had been passing me notes throughought the whole lesson, saying we had to talk on our next break. Minji grabbed me by the shoulders, "what is happening???? how did I have a conversation with Jungkook?? Why did Yoongi sit beside yoou, and why were you two flirting??? WHAT IS LIFE?", she was shaking me and I was so over it. I pulled myself out of her grip, "me and Yoongi are sort of seeing each other" I said looking at my shoes. I didn't like the words coming out of my mouth, but Minji seemed to enjoy them very much.

 

"Areuma!". I looked at Minji that was standing beside me as I closed my locker, she looked exatic and I braced myself for the interraction I knew Youngji and her friend's were going to be observing as they were standing not too far away. I turned around to see Yoongi walking up towards me. He stopped a couple of inches in front of me, waved at Minji and then his gaze met mine. He noticed my backpack in my hand and grabbed it, "I'll walk you home?" he said questioningly. I put myoversized motorjacket on top of my uniform, "Ok, let's go". I turned around and waved at Minji, to my surprise, Yoongi grabbed my hand with his empty one as we started walking.

"You don't actually have to take me home" I say as I put my backpack on. "I am going to visit my aunty anyways" Yoongi says as the bus stops in front of us.

I am leaning on the wall in the alley and Yoongi is leaning on the wall opposite, just looking at me while I draw in the toxic chemicals from the ciggaratte. "You know my aunty loves you?" Yoongi says. Thinking about Ahjummah I smile as exhale. "I like Ahjumma too" I say. I look at Yoongi's face and he is smiling back at me. "You can't fall for me" I say bringing the ciggarette back to my lips. "What?". "You can not fall for me. This" I point at him and then at me "is fake". Yoongi chuckles, "don't worry, I just want us to be good friends". "I don't have friends" I say.