Min Yoongi, my friend

Together but Not Together

Yoongi acted like nothing had happened after that night. I couldn't tell if it was because he had no memory of it, or if was acting, eitherways he didn't mention it. I liked that, I didn't want to deal with the talk, it was a mistake, he was drunk. We weren't actually dating.

I'd come to like our little dynamic, it brought a little excitement to my otherwise boring life. Youngji and her posse were still being y, but I could care less. Yoongi and I would spend time studying together in the library on our breaks sometimes. I told myself it was to sell the act, but I liked how he was nice to me, spent time with me, even when I was cold to him. I liked that he admitted he needed help with his english homework and that my English knowlegde was so much better than his. I liked that he paid me in cigarattes, watched me smoke them, and never complained about the smell.

"You've gone through that pack really quickly" he said. I looked at the lit cigaratte between my fingers as I exhaled. My eyes went to Yoongi who was leaning on the concrete wall infront of me, his hair was down today, I liked it. "Yeah tends to happen when we have exams coming up" I answer as I draw in another smoke. Yoongi chuckles and leans off the wall, he gets closer to me, his hands go to the zip of my jacket and he pulls it up,"you'll cath a cold" he says looking in to my eyes. There is a moment of silence and I feel uncomfortable, I hold out the cigarette towards him, "want a draw?" I ask seriously. We both giggle.

 

"You two know eachother?" Ahjumma looks surprised. Yoongi looks at me and then at his aunt, nods his head, and says, "Yeah, we're friends from school". Ajhumma walks over, she had been at the bin schute, and hugs me, patting my bum like she always does. She pulls out from the hug still holding my shoulders, "come to mines, I'll cook you some food. Your parents aren't home are they?". She doesn't even aknowlegde Yoongi.

I always loved Ahjumma's cooking. I had met her 2 years ago when she moved in. Ahjumma was quiet, she kept to herself and never interfered. She caught me smooking once, she didn't say anything, just handed me a gum with a smile and walked away. She had first looked like she was going to scold me, I was a child smooking, but it seemed she had looked me in the eyes and realised, that day, the last thing I needed, was her yelling at me, so she handed me a gum. The next time I saw her, she was struggling with her groceries, I had grabbed them off her, no words spoken, and helped her to her flat. Since then, she had noticed the little things, like how my parents were barely home. Not because they were bad parents, infact of the opposite, because they were trying to be good. Ahjumma never asked questions, she would just bring me food, and as time passed, she would invite me in to eat with her, do my homework while she talked to her cat. I loved Ahjumma, but I hated how she was looking at me and Yoongi right now. He had put the radish Kimchi he wasn't very fond of on my plate in exchange for my anchovies and she was looking at us with fond eyes.

"Are you two dating?" she asked mischeavlously. I shook my head no and she chuckled. "We are just friends, I am too handsome for her" he said jokingly. "Yah, she is too pretty for you. My Areum deserves better than a spoiled boy" she said putting more rice on my plate. I couldn't help but giggle as Yoongi acted offended. "I thought I was your baby?" he says jokingly.

Yoongi and I stayed at Ahjumma's place for a while studying. Time flew and before I knew it it was passed my usual bedtime. I told Yoongi I was heading, he looked up from him notebook, his eyes meeting mine. The more I got to know Yoongi, the less I found myself being able to look him in the eyes. I broke eye contact with him, packing up my books. "I'll walk you". "I live two doors away Yoongi, no need. Also I am going up to smoke" I said.  

Yoongi insisted on following me up to the rooftop to smoke. I often wouldn't smoke on the rooftop, so I wouldn't get caught by adults, but it was late at night, I didn't mind. I just didn't realise how cold it was. I had been shivering as I tried to smoke my cigeratte as quickly as possible, and Yoongi just watching me didn't make it any better. He took his jacket of, placed it over my shoulders smiling as I avoided his eyes. I didn't say anything, but I knew he knew, I was grateful.

Yoongi walked me down to my door, waved by and walked away. And for some reason I couldn't help it, "Yoongi". He turned around, eyebrows risen. "I like being friends with you", he smiled. "Me too" he said. I unlocked my door and went in to the empty flat.