Min Yoongi, the heartbroken

Together but Not Together

"Ofcourse, you wouldn't know. You never ask me about myself". Yoongi had always been cheery. Seeing him like this, I felt bad.

 

Yoongi never mentioned my up like the good friend he was. He just made sure to bring me my homework from school until I felt better to show up again. We had been hanging out soemtimes in school or after school with Minji and Jungkook to study some more for the upcoming exams and after it was done Jungkook had announced he was going to host another party, this time much bigger, with other people from outside our school as well. He mentioned the pool would be up for use as well, to bring our swimwear.

I had decided to look somewhat casual for this party. Wearing my swimsuit under my outfit, I was wearing  a crop top, wide legged jeans and an oversized white shirt on top, and high platform sneakers. But I felt underdressed when SHE walked in. The girl that seemed to make Yoongi look somewhat sad and mad. She walked up with some guy by her side, "Yoongi!!!" she gave him a hug that he seemed to not want. Yoongi looked at the guy with darts in his eyes. I felt awkward so I introduced myself, "Areum" I said holding my hand up to wave for a second. "I'm Taehyung, Yoongi's friend from his old school", Yoongi sneered, taking a sip from his cup of Soju and Beer. I was surprised by how much alcohol Jungkook's parents were comfortable providing minors. "Hi, I am Jieun, Yoongi's-" Yoongi cut her off, "Ex-girlfriend" he said, he didn't seem happy. He grabbed my hand, "let'sgo Areum".

During the night whenever Taehyung or Jieun tried to talk to Yoongi he would leave angrily. I had tried to be with Minji for some time until she was following Jungkook around and I was left alone watching Jieun try once more to approach Yoongi for a talk. He pulled his arm away from her, running his hand through his hair and walking away, towards me. He came up to me, stood next to me taking sips from his cup as we watched Taehyung comfort Jieun with a hug. This seemed to make Yoongi more angry, he looked at me, "Do you want to go for a smoke?".

I had forgotten my jacket, but Yoongi was on top of it, taking his off to put it around my shoulders as I took out a cigarette, "can I get one". I raised my eyebrows at Yoongi and he nodded. I handed him one and lit it for him. Yoongi takes a draw and starts coughing heavily. And I laugh "All this, because you are jealous of your ex dating someone else?". Yoongi stops, looks at me with sad eyes, "she was my best friend for years, we dated and then she cheated on me with our other best friend, Taehyung. So yes I am upset they are still seeing each other and she is trying to act like everything is fine betwen us". I feel guilty instantly, "Im sorry, I didn't know".  "Ofcourse, you wouldn't know. You never ask me about myself" Yoongi says upset. He throws the cigarette on the floor and starts walking away. I grab his arm and pull him back. I never make friends, but now I have, and I didn't want to lose him, I pull him in to a hug like he had done for me a few weeks ago, "I am sorry Yoongi. Don't be angry with me" I say in to his chest. I pull away a little and look up at him smiling and he chuckles.

 

"What's going on with you and Jungkook?" I ask Minji as she is taking her top off to go join him and some others in the pool. "Nothing, he sees me like a little sister. But I am happy, as long as he talks to me. He is so handsome and nice to everyone all the time" she says. Minji is wearing a bikini. I had learned early on that although korea tended to be conservative, this school was different, that could be noticed by the fact that people were making out like there was no tomorrow. Minji joined them in the pool as I was taking my trousers off. I took my top of leaving me in my bikini, but feeling too exposed I put my oversized shirt back on. Yoongi handed me a drink shirtless in his swimming trunks and I avoided eye contact with his again gulping down the drink to calm my nerves down. As we were about to join the others I spotted Jieun and Taehyung making out, and Yoongi seemed to have spotted them too, stopping in his tracks. I grab his hand, "we don't have to swim, come" I say.

We are lying on a bed, looking up at the dark ceiling, looking at the stars being projected by Jungkook's night lamp. I had found this room the during the last party when I wanted to escape everyone to calm down. "Calming right?" I say. "Yeah" Yoongi responds. I sit up to take another sip and Yoongi does the same. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask looking at him. He sets his drink down as I do the same and then he looks me in the eyes, shaking his head. "Next time" he says. The alcohol is making me feel a bit spinny, but mostly warm. It must have been making Yoongi warm as well because his cheeks were going red. I put my hands on his cheeks,"calm down Yoongi" I joke. He chuckles, grabs my arm to pull me in closer. He places his hand on the back of my neck and pulls my face towards his and I don't stop him, "don't run away" he whisperes looking me in the eyes and I feel my cheeks get red. His his eyes look down at my lips and then back up into my eyes,  before pulling me in closer, only inches apart I whisper, "Yoongi, don't". Yoongi's hand slides down from my neck and he scoots a bit away from me, looking away. "Sorry, I-", "you can't fall for me, remember?" I say. He takes another sip of his drink. "Mm!" he nods. "It's too late for that Areum" he says giggling, and I can tell he is drunk. He lies back down and pulls me on top. "You're very pretty. Like the stars", he is looking up at me, his hands on his stomach  and I look down at him. "And you like me too", that's why you don't look me in the eyes anymore, right?" he says closing his eyes. I slap him lightly on the cheek, "don't fall asleep" I say. I get off him, sitting beside him pulling him up to sit upright. Yoongi looks me in the eyes and I look away because I know if I am tempted again I will give in. "Sorry, I am just saying nonsense right now. Seeing Jieun messed me up" he says and I feel a little jealous. "Do you still like her?" I ask. "I don't know" he says looking at his fingers, and I want to make him forget about her. I grab Yoongi by the face, "we never talk about this" I say, and I press my lips on his. Yoongi reciprocates, moving his lips he pulls me in closer by my waist with one hand while pushing my hair back with his other. He felt good, all of him, his body against mine, his desperate lips against mine, his fingertips carassing my nape. Sparks were flying and I was getting warm, I was getting anxious, and when Yoongi's hand went from over my shirt to under, touching the bare skin on my waist I panicked, pulling out. It seemed to have sobered him up a bit, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to-" I cut him of "it's fine, I just don't know what's happening. I need to smoke" I say looking around the room as I cover myself some more with my shirt. " I'm sorry Areum. I didn't mean to scare you. Please don't run away. We can watch the stars and then go join the others?" he said in his calm voice. I looked at him, he seemed genuine. I nod slowly and he we lie down looking up at the ceiling.