Min Yoongi, there when I need him

Together but Not Together

I hadn't been at that school that much longer than Yoongi. Maybe two years. My parents had uprooted our lives and transfered my school after I had been in a year of depression. I was broken, I had always been, since birth. There was something wrong with my brain, it would often fall in to darkness, telling me I had no one to rely on. All I had was music, my friends and my sister. I lost my friends. I lost my sister. But I always had music.

"You're really good you know?". I looked to the voice and saw Yoongi standing at the door. I stood up from the piano, "Don't watch me sing again. I hate it" I said to him in a monotone voice.

I hated the eyes watching me, especially when I was singing. It just reminds me of all the eyes watching me perform that night my sister couldn't make it. The night she missed my performance, the night I learned I would never see her again. 

I'd gotten angry at the world that night, and after that my friends had abandonned me. They started rumours and it felt like the stares never ended. I felt like I was going insane, like I just wanted to be in my room forever, just like now.

I had been preparing for an audition, to get in to a entertainment company for songwriting, but when it got to the audition I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just couldn't. I had ran out of there, angry with tears streaming down. Trying to take a cigarette out.

I hadn't noticed I had missed school for a few days until Minji and Yoongi texted me if I was going to be showing up the next day. And I wouldn'thave if my parents werent home that morning. I didn't want to worry them, that's the last thing I wanted, so I went to school.

 

"Areum, do you want to skip the last class" Yoongi asked smiling at me. He took me to the top of a hill. It was empty, like it was his secrete spot. He handed me a pack of cigarattes and I grabbed it, not saying anything and took one out. 

I threw the of the cigaratte away, ran my fingers through my hair and put it in a ponytail as I watched the nice view over Seoul. I felt Yoongi pull on my arm, I looked at him and he pulled me closer, arms wrapping around me, pulling me in to his chest. I liked it. "You looked like you needed a hug" he said and for some reason that broke me in to tears.

"You're pretty even when you're crying", I hit Yoongi on the chest and he chuckled."I thought that would make you smile atleast" he said. "I missed you. Don't tell Jungkook but I think you're actually my best friend" he said looking me in the eyes. I broke the eye contact looking away, Yoongi grabbed my face with his hand, making me face him. "Yah, why can't you look at me anymore? Do you find me cute?". "Yeah" I said jokingly and he giggled. "See, you can make jokes" he said  letting go of my face, his fingers carassed my  cheek and put  by left strands of bangs behind my ear. I don't know what came over me, but my fingers went to his jacket, pulling him in closer, I closed my eyes and placed my lips on his. His lips were soft, they felt warm, just like he did. They felt comforting, like I could kiss him forever, but I couldn't. I couldn't like Yoongi, I didn't like Yoongi, I didn't like anyone. I suddenly pushed Yoongi away and he seemed taken a back. I got up from the bench and started walking off quickly, as he was calling after me. H ecaught up to me, grabbing my hand to turn me around. 

"I was diagnosed with depression a few years back. Sorry, I am not myself right now. I'll find my way home mmm? See you in school" I said pulling my hand away from his. I didn't wait for  his answer. I just turned around and walked away.  .