Min Yoongi, the situationship

Together but Not Together

We didn't talk about it. And I was happy. I didn't like dealing with emotions, because I didn't want to. I had planned on being single forever, like Ahjumma. Living on my own, and hopefully being a songwriter. And not talking about our intense kiss was the best way for that to happen.

Yoongi acted like everything was normal, but he seemed to pay just a little bit more attention to me than usual. He had invited me to come to Ahjumma's place after school. 

"Aunty's not home. She said she'll be here in an hour. She's asked us to feed Gigi" Yoongi said as we walked in. "I wanted to show you something you'd appreciate" he said after we'd given the cat some food. He grabs my hand pulling me towards one of the rooms. He opens the door and it seems like a bedroom of a music entheusiast, there is even a mini mixerboard, a kepboard piano and a mic, and a smile came to my face. "This is my bedroom" he says walking in pulling me in. "Aunty is more of a mom to me than my own mom is. Since I was young she's always taken my side and because I am over here alot, I have my own bedroom". Yoongi let go of my hand he had been holding up to now. I go sit at the keyboard piano, "I make music" he says as I look up at him. Yoongi sits beside me and starts playing it. I look at his majestic fingers and then up at him, he meets my eyes smiling, he is cute. I looks at the keys again getting in to it and I close my eyes and enjoy the music. "Do you want to sing something?". "I developed stagefright" I say quietly as I open my eyes. "I am no one, just Min Yoongi, your friend. You don't need to feel anxious around me" he says as he continues playing. "Mmm? I don't know if that helps" I say. He stopped playing and looks at me. "When you're ready, I'll be here to hear your beautiful voice" he says. There is a silence and I can hear my heart beating. I look away, "are you nervous?" he asks jokingly. "Stop that" I say hitting his chest. And he smiles, and I hear my heartbeat again. I can't help myself but wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer, I didn't like him having the advantage. Yoongi closes his eyes and I pll my face closer to his, bypassing his lips, going to his ear instead, "why did you close your eyes, friend?" I  whisper. I pull back and has his eyes open, he wrapps his arms around my waist, "You got me there" he chuckles, and I giggle. And without thinking, very naturally, I find myself placing my lips on his, like we have been doing this forever. Yoongi pulls me in closer, like he craves my warmth as he moves his lips on mine. My right hand runs through the back of his hair and Yoongi seems to melt in to my arms, he pulls away to look at me again before he leans in, but we hear the front door unlock and I push myself away from him in a panic.

"Why are you so quiet today?" Ahjumma asks. "I like her, she doesn't know how to deal with it" Yoongi says and my face goes red. Ahjumma seems proud. "Min Yoongi!" I exclaim looking at him. "What? That's the truth" he says putting some tofu in to his mouth. "Don't mind him. There are better guys out there" Ahjumma says.

 

As we were walking out from school that day Jieun was waiting outside the gates along with Taehyung. "I've made it very clear, I do not want to talk to you two" he said. Jieun looked at him with puppy eyes, she was so pretty, too pretty to even be true. She looked like she belonged on a magazine, and I realised how different we were. She was tall and slender. I was short. I looked like someone you'd say "she has a regular face", of course Yoongi had been in love with her, he probably still was. "Ya! Just hear her out" Taehyung said. That seemed to get Yoongi angrier as he grabbed Taehyung by the shirt. I was going to intervene but Jieun got to it before me, managing to calm Yoongi down with her cute voice. "Areuma, let's go" he says to me. "Why are you even angry when you've got a new girlfriend, she is so pretty" Jieun says, and I can tell she didn't mean it. I am not pretty, atleast, not compared to her, but rather than mocking me, it felt like she was mocking Yoongi, which I didn't like. "Jieun?" I said. She looked at me as to say "what?". "Stop being a and let him be" I say with a smile. "He'll talk to you when he is ready, ok?" I say to her in a cold stone voice, giving her a fake smile. I walk off not saying anything as Yoongi follow me.

 

"You know, you should hear her out" I say as we sit on the bench and I take a cigarette out. "No". "You still like her, I can tell" I say. "What?" Yoongi looks at my as I take a draw. "I mean I don't blame you, she is very pretty. Just hear her out, it might have been a misunderstanding" I say. Yoongi seems angry, he stands and I grab his arm. "What did I do wrong?" I ask. He pulls his arm away from me. "Areum, don't play with me please" he says looking away. I stand up throwing my cigarette away, and Yoongi looks at me, he looks sad, "I think about you when youre not around. You make me smile even when I don't want to. I hate the smell of smoke, but when it's you I don't mind. I like being around you. When you kiss me, I feel like I am loosing my breath, but I want it to last forever Areum. I ing like you so much, and you just play with me". I am about to say something but he cuts me of, "I know you're anxious, I know you act cold so other people don't notice. I get that, but sometimes I can't tell if this is all just a game for you".

"Yoongi, you blackmailed me to be in a fake relationship with you"

"Because I wanted to get to know you"

"So you lied?" I take a step away from him. 

"No, I just.." he runs his hand through his hair. "I don't know ok?" he says. 

"So did you blackmail me to make-", "I really just wanted the other girls to stop, and I wanted to get to know you as friends. You were cool, in to your own thing. You didn't care about all the good looking guys" Yoongi seems desperate to explain himself. I search for my cigarettes but Yoongi grabs my hand, "breathe" he says. And I do, I inhale and exhale. He pulls me a bit closer to him, looking down at me, "Areum, I-". I pull away from him, making him let go of my hand. "I've got to go?" I say. "You're running away?", he takes a step forward. 

"I can't date you" I take a step back.