Min Yoongi, the new guy

Together but Not Together

I looked at the girl relfecting back in the mirror. My dark red hair in a ponytail leaving to strands of hair in the front to shape my face. My eyeliner thicker than usual today, is looking sleek and I am happy with myself. I put my backpack on, my hood up and walked out my room.

 

Minji sat beside me and although all I could hear was Day6 playing loudly through my headphones, I saw her lips moving as she looked at me with those eyes telling me to pity her and hear her out. I ignore her and look out the window and through my perifiral I see Minji pout, open up her notebook and draw. She is talented, that is something I would tell her if she was my friend. 

I notice the students standing up next to their friends to chat were all moving to their seats and I stop the music playing, take my headphones of and look up front. Mr. Yang walk in with a male student behind him. After he's told everyone to quiet down he tells the student to introduce himself.

"Hi, I am Min Yoongi. I am happy to be here" he says. Mr. Yang tells him to go sit by Jungkook and Yoongi walks past me, two desks away, he pulls the chair next to Jungkook out and sits down.

 

Yoongi became quite popular quickly. Girls kept buying him snacks and putting it on his desk with notes. He would always share the snacks with Jungkook and never thanked the girl's personally, it was like he was trying to tell them he wasn't interested. 

"Min Yoongi is so handsome, isn't he?" Minji said, she keeps babbling "but not more handsome than Jungkook. Jungkook is sooo handsome!!". I look at her with a stern look and she pouts. Minji has tried to be my friend ever since she started this school. The popular girls had wanted her but she turned them down to follow me around and annoy me. I was not her friend, I have no friends.

 

Miss QueenKa, Youngji, herself was very interested in Yoongi it seemed. She always tried to be near him and act stupid, and he wasn't having it. He never showed her any interested and that's why I wasn't shocked when I witnessed Yoongi turn Youngji down. I wanted to get away from Minji and just have some time to myself so I went to th back garden of the school to sit on a bench when I saw Youngji confess she had a crush on Yoongi after handing him strawberry milk. 

"I don't like you. I don't want to get to know you" he says. Yoongi looks over her shoulder and spots me. Youngji followed his gaze turning around to see me. Her face went bright red as she ran away, past me towards the school. Yoongi is stood in place and I walk past him and sit on the bench. I am enjoying the view and I feel Yoongi sit down beside me. I don't pay him any attention until I see him holding out the strawberry milk to me, handing it to me. I grab it without saying anything. As I take in the nature and enjoy the silence, I drink the  strawberry milk, one  sip at a time, until there is half of it left. I hand the rest of the strawberry milk to Yoongi and he grabs it. I put my headphones on, play some Simon Dominic and walk back to the school building.


After that interraction I didn't communicate with Yoongi at all. That's why I was surprised to see him waiting for the lift in my building. 

 

That day I had asked an older Unnie to get my ciggarettes and shewas morally currupt enough to buy me a pack at upcharge. I stopped at the little allyway I often smoke at to not be spotted and smoked a cigg, just thinking about life. I hoped the wind would lift the smell of smoke off of me. So when I saw Yoongi standing there waiting for the lift all I could think about was if I reeked of ciggarette smell. Yoongi turned to look at me, he looked surprised and then just gave me a smile. I looked ahead ignoring his attempt of a greeting. We stepped into the elevator when it arrived and I pressed "10", Yoongi just stood there, didn't press a button.
 

I took a step out of the elevator and Yoongi followed, I sped up my walk, confused why Yoongi was following me. But he wasn't, he stopped, 2 doors away from me, at the nice ahjumma's front door. He rang the bell and when she opened the door, in a happy voice she exclaimed "my baby" and Yoongi with a smile walked in saying "Hi Aunty". I walked into our apartment, closing the door behind me. I look out into the dark empty flat. Like usual, my parents weren't at home.