Vin

éclair

 

Kai was lost in thought.

He was trying to process what he had just seen: Taemin and another guy, probably together, smiling at each other. Smiling like Taemin always smiled at him. He knew that smile better than anyone else in the universe, filled with light and stars orbiting around his heart. And for that reason, he knew that everything had been lost.

His mind was spinning with the events of the past few days, but somehow, it always came back to him. His hands. His lips. His body that always felt natural on top of his.

Taemin simply shouldn't have this hold over his heart. But even after all this time, Kai was still the same.

He didn't think it would end; he never expected that. That just didn't happen. In movies, love never ended. It was always the hero and his great love, living the best life together forever. Until the children came, and the grandchildren, and the whole story he had always dreamed of: happily ever after.

He thought Taemin would be his forever, because he had always been there. Since Kai moved in as his neighbor in Incheon, since their first kiss on a family vacation they had as teenagers, since they had their first time together, in the dead of night when he had confessed his feelings for him. It was always them, the two of them against the world, united against all odds. Both intrinsic, interconnected by the love and destiny they wrote with the same hand. But then, somehow, there was nothing left.

A simple note saying "we need to talk," right after Kai offered him his future in his hands. Taemin simply didn't react. He just closed the box with the silver ring with a hurt smile. But nothing hurt more than Kai's heart.

There was no turning back.

Of course, he already knew that, but he never imagined that everything would happen this way. Maybe he thought his best friend would always be there: like a comforting cradle. He never imagined that he would have to deal with such a breakup. It felt like a line had been broken forever, with no way to tie or mend it.

From the window of his sister's apartment, he could only see them talking on the sidewalk. It was as if they were a projection of what he hoped for both of them, that mutual happiness in their eyes.

But he knew he would never find that again. It was impossible. No one could ever make him that happy again, know him that well, or smile at him like that.

Kai knew in his heart that there would never be anyone like him.

He averted the masochistic gaze from the window, heading to the kitchen where Chen was. The girl looked radiant in her flowery dress with sunflowers. She seemed much younger than she was. Like a teenager in an empty house while her parents were away.

The way she cooked was cute too. Everything about her was extremely cute, to the point where just looking at her made Kai smile. He was so lucky to have her in his family.

"Chennie... what are you doing?" The girl turned away from the stove, looking back at him with a smile when she saw him.

"Oh, oppa... I thought you were sleeping."

"No..."

"What's wrong? You seem sad." Kai didn't say anything.

He couldn't bring up Taemin's story to her. The girl was still mourning their breakup. Everyone was except Taemin. At least that's how it seemed to Kai.

"You... have made friends at that school, right? With the teachers?"

"Of course! I love working there. Especially because I can do everything I always wanted." The brunette agreed with a nod. "Why do you ask?" Kai sighed.

He would have to find a way to explain this without sounding like a liar.

"Kim Junmyeon... he's a teacher there." It wasn't a question, so the girl was confused.

"What about him?"

"I talked to him yesterday, Chen." The teacher widened her eyes, surprised.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me? You just showed up, I thought you had just come through the door." Kai crossed his arms defensively.

"Well, I... But that... doesn't matter right now. What I want to know is: are you friends with him?" Chen raised an eyebrow, amused.

"Kim Kai... you've never asked me about a guy or a girl before." The brunette pursed his lips.

"I'm not talking about that. I want to know why you never went out with him?"

"I don't know if you noticed, but I rarely leave the house." The girl laughed, not understanding. "What's your point? I don't understand where you're going with this." Kai approached the table, sitting on a chair.

He didn't want to expose Junmyeon, but he thought it might be best if the guy had other people looking after him. Kai knew enough about how memories could haunt you if you were alone. He didn't wish that upon anyone.

"I think he needs someone, to be close to him. From the little we talked, I noticed many things." Chen smiled, sitting next to him.

"Kai..." She called him, asking for his attention. The brunette directed his eyes to her. They were as kind as they had always been. "You always think you can see through people, but you have to be careful." No, this was different.

Anyone could see that he was not doing well.

"That's not it... I just think he has been through rough times. I was really worried about the sadness in his eyes. It was like a bottomless and empty ocean." Chen looked at him, thoughtful.

"I'll try to invite him out, but I can't guarantee it will work." The brunette smiled warmly.

"Thank you, Chen. You have a very beautiful heart."

"Why didn't you try to be friends with him, then?" Kai paused.

He couldn't tell Chen the truth. She would insist on something that the brunette knew was impossible to insist on. His little sister loved playing cupid when she wanted to.

"I... uh, we... we are friends, actually. I mean... I met him yesterday. So... you know." The girl nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we can go out together. I don't know. I think it might be... interesting." Kai crossed his arms in frustration.

"I knew this was going to happen. You're unbelievable." The girl laughed mockingly.

"I don't see why not. They're both good-looking and attractive. Both single, as far as I know." Kai raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"How did you know? That he's single?"

"How did you know?"

"We talked a little. Nothing too serious." Chen looked at him suspiciously.

"That's not what your look says, Kim Kai." The brunette shook his head negatively.

"That's not it."

"What?" The voice spoke from the door cheerfully, as if it were Christmas Day.

Lee Taemin was radiant. But then he always was. His beige coat and black tank top matched the tone of his skin like a painting. He was beautiful, as always. And it killed him.

"Min!" Chen got up immediately, throwing herself into his embrace.

The guy's eyes smiled just like his plump lips. Kai could see the sparkle in the moment with his heart. They were like a family. Like it was.

"You're going to end up killing me with this

 tight hug." The girl laughed softly, pulling away from the guy.

"Are you so chic. Where have you been?"

"Meeting a friend." A friend who looked at him as if the whole world were in his gaze.

"What friend? I thought it was just us." His smile diminished as he looked into Kai's eyes on the other side of the table.

"I have one or two more."

"Okay." The girl laughed. "Is he really your friend?" This was going in a direction Kai wasn't willing to hear.

He simply got up from his chair, gathering some of his belongings to leave. The other guy sighed, looking at him.

"Kai..."

"Oppa... where are you going?"

"I need to meet a client. I promised to see him at lunch."

"Weren't you going to have lunch with me?" Chen looked at him sadly.

It was hard for him to see that, but the ache in his heart was too heavy. Taemin approached, almost touching him.

"Kai..." he called gently.

Gentleness had always been his main characteristic. Too bad he wasn't willing to deal with it anymore. It hurt more than it helped. It wouldn't heal him with him there. It wouldn't work.

It just hurt more and more to see that his life was on hold because of his heart.

Taemin would no longer overflow him like before.

It was the opposite.

With each passing minute next to him, he felt drier, drying up as if waiting for the void. He couldn't reach that void.

That would kill him.


 

 

The doorbell rang, waking Baekhyun from the nap he had taken. He rushed as fast as he could, not even bothering to check his appearance. He was desperate to the point of madness with the situation.

As he opened the door for the smaller man, he froze in place.

Kyungsoo was wearing glasses. Round and big, like Baekhyun had never seen before. He also wore a dark gray shirt with no print and light gray sweatpants. It seemed like his sleepwear; he hadn't even changed.

Baekhyun smiled softly, making space for him to enter the apartment.

It was all dark. As dark as could be. Byun closed the door behind him, turning to face the chef, who stood in the middle of the living room. Even behind the lenses, the guy was still looking at him intensely. It seemed like he was trying to convey something only through his body language.

"Soo..." Baekhyun murmured.

"I shouldn't be here." This time the redhead hesitated. "I drank wine. I shouldn't have driven. But it seems like I've lost my mind for good." The bald man ran his hand through his hair, nervous.

Baekhyun waited.

If they were going to argue there in the living room, Sehun would likely wake up on the other side. But he was still reluctant to ask him things, as he was visibly disturbed.

Still standing in the living room, the bald man looked back at the bookshelf again. He was looking at the bunch of movies Byun had with concentration. Probably remembering the other day when they were there, playing and planning a movie afternoon. It was so unfair that everything was lost because of him. Baekhyun would never forgive himself for being so stupid.

The redhead sighed deeply, summoning the courage to take the next step.

"Kyungsoo... let's go to my room." The brunette swallowed hard.

"What?" He replied quietly, incredulous.

"We can't stay in the hallway; Sehun might wake up." With that, he relaxed a bit.

"Sure..." Kyungsoo nodded, trying to clear his senses, perhaps.

The redhead walked through the small hallway to the bedroom. He didn't look back to see if he was following. When he turned around, stopping at the door, he was startled to find Kyungsoo so close to him.

The guy's breath was warm, and his eyes behind the lenses were locked on his. He smelled like wine. He had probably drunk quite a bit from the bottle. Realizing this, Baekhyun's heart squeezed.

"Why didn't you come here by taxi? Or you could have let me-" 

"I didn't think." His voice was low but intense.

"Don't do that anymore. Please." The brunette nodded with a frown, looking away.

That distance was hurting him. He really wanted to hug him. He wanted to die in his arms. He wanted so many things with him, yet part of him was worried that he would never be able to get them.

They were still standing at the door, and the redhead hadn't even noticed. He made space for him to pass.

"Soo..." he whispered softly, resisting the urge to pull him close. "You... can come in." The brunette crossed his arms, doing as asked.

He didn't say anything as he entered the room, just observing the space with curious eyes. His room was nothing special: just a double bed, the nightstand filled with pastry books, and the table with the computer. It was just the things he had always had. But for the brunette, everything seemed so different. Kyungsoo seemed to be seeing things more clearly since the last time he visited. He was looking at the photos stuck on the magnetic board. The redhead started to get embarrassed. There were several pictures there, from his teenage years to some compromising ones taken at parties. There were even some with his ex-boyfriends, in which he looked too good to throw away.

Yes, he was a bit narcissistic.

Kyungsoo took one of him when he was barely 18, just when he met Sehun. Both were at the beach, raising the soju bottles up as if to toast. It was his idea, of course. Sehun just followed what he told him to do. It had always been like that.

"Your colleague?" He asked curiously.

"Yes." Kyungsoo agreed, putting the photo back in place.

Then he looked back at him, totally focused on him. His eyes were evaluating him as before, with no opening for the pastry chef to know what was going on inside him. Baekhyun realized that Kyungsoo might not want to bring up the issue again at the moment but still held resentment for what had happened.

He couldn't blame him. The bald man had probably misunderstood everything.

Baekhyun didn't want the issue to snowball, so he made a point to resolve it: here and now.

He took a few steps into the room, closing the door behind him. Kyungsoo still hadn't said anything; he just crossed his arms, waiting, leaning against the small dresser.

Baekhyun was in front of him, searching for the right words to make him understand. He would do it as many times as necessary.

"Your room... looks a bit different," he said softly.

Baekhyun sighed. He had to start.

"Maybe it's me." He paused, looking away.

"Baekkie..." Kyungsoo said carefully, but didn't continue.

His mind kept spinning and spinning about what he had done, and he thought that the bald man probably wouldn't bring up the subject unless he offered to talk first. Kyungsoo was reserved and kept everything to himself. So, it was expected that he would try to get through it on his own.

Baekhyun couldn't let things stay that way.

"Soo..." he began, but the guy hadn't shown any reaction yet. "Don't be like this..." The other shook his head, disbelieving.

"Like what?"

"You're being evasive. Please, tell me what you're thinking." The bald man fixed his gaze on him with a touch of anger.

It was evident that he was deeply hurt and frustrated with the situation. Kyungsoo wasn't the type to hide things; he had always been very honest about everything.

Unlike Baekhyun, who was a complete mess.

The pastry chef tried to approach, but he realized that there was no opening for him to do so. Not yet. Kyungsoo wouldn't yield that easily.

"I don't understand you," he said emotionlessly.

Baekhyun felt like he was being scolded.

"Sorry." The redhead looked away, but then decided it wouldn't be fair to do so and looked back at him. There was nothing in his eyes that revealed his thoughts. Only his evaluative gaze, locked behind the round lenses.

"Do you want to know? I thought about many things on my way here. I thought you were lying to me all this time. I thought... I thought maybe I really was a difficult person for you, and that... maybe I should control myself with that. But there's one thing I thought about that I can't let pass." Kyungsoo put his hand on his nape nervously, uncrossing his arms.

There was no reaction to share in his gaze, and he hadn't moved from his spot yet.

"I... need to know what you think of me. As your partner." He whispered softly.

Baekhyun was surprised by his choice of words.

"What do you mean?" The brunette took a while to continue.

"You... want to hide this? Avoid letting people know about us?" He was more than hurt by that.

Baekhyun could sense it there, at that moment. He had made the biggest mistake he could make, and he was sure that now everything was hanging by a thread.

Kyungsoo hadn't understood anything.

He thought his words really meant something to the redhead when they were nothing but lies. But he couldn't expect him to read his mind.

"That's not what this is about, Soo..." Kyungsoo shook his head.

He didn't believe it.

"I never said we had to do this for my image. Where did you get that idea?" Baekhyun fell silent.

Where did he get that idea from? He had just assumed that was the attitude to take. He thought that would cause a lot of confusion in the media for him. He knew the tabloids made a big deal out of everything.

But it didn't even cross his mind that Kyungsoo knew exactly what he was doing.

"I-I thought that..."

"You thought wrong." His voice was cutting like an axe.

"Kyungsoo..."

"Look, if you don't want to go through with this, it's fine. I just... I'd appreciate a heads up." The redhead panicked.

"No! I got nervous and acted poorly, Soo. I'm sorry. I really am." Kyungsoo sighed deeply.

"That's why?" His voice still sounded a bit suspicious.

Baekhyun's heart faltered.

That's what he feared.

"Kyungsoo... please..." He whispered softly, almost pleadingly.

The shorter man simply looked at him from behind his large round glasses. Kyungsoo uncrossed his arms but still hadn't touched him. Baekhyun was desperate, but he couldn't force anything there anymore. So, he just stood still right in front of Kyungsoo, waiting for permission. The bald man sighed deeply before pulling him into his arms. Baekhyun didn't waste a second to collapse there, holding onto him with all he had.

"I hate you so much for having that cute face... it makes me..." The redhead didn't say anything; he just hugged Kyungsoo in response.

He felt a hand caressing his hair, and the other one holding his back. It was getting warmer, and he hoped he could feel this warmth whenever he wanted. He had a horrendous fear that this wouldn't come true over time.

Kyungsoo rested his head on his shoulder while Baekhyun still clung to him. He didn't think it would be possible to leave there anytime soon. The brunette's fingers were , touching him slowly as if they were in a different realm.

Baekhyun was just trying not to break down. He had never experienced such a terrible fear. None of his past partners compared to Kyungsoo. He was extremely different. Honest with his own feelings and considerate of Baekhyun's. His somewhat unconventional way of dealing with himself was just a reflection of his sincerity.

Byun admired him a lot for that.

"Baekkie..." His voice was low in his ear. "D-don't do that anymore..." He tried to find the words amid his shyness. "You are... different to me. Different from everyone else." Baekhyun closed his eyes.

He could feel Kyungsoo's heart beating against the chef's shirt, fast. They had never been in this position before, so it was quite comforting. He nodded, making sure he was listening.

Kyungsoo the hair on his nape, reaching up to tangle his fingers slightly in the strands. It was delicate. Extremely delicate.

"Forgive me. I promise I won't do it anymore." The hands were still touching him delicately, moving a bit down to his lower back.

"Okay..." Kyungsoo agreed, lips against his hair.

The redhead didn't want to leave so soon.

He rested his chin on Kyungsoo's body as if there were no problems. They continued to each other, still embracing as if they had all the time in the world in that room. Kyungsoo's way of handling his body was remarkably caring. He felt protected around him.

"What are you thinking, Soo?" Kyungsoo chuckled softly.

"That I'm an idiot." Baekhyun shook his head.

"Don't think that way. I'll do my part with you, I promise. You won't doubt me again." The other sighed, holding him closer.

"I need you to promise me something from now on."

"Whatever you want." Kyungsoo chuckled softly, the hair on his nape again.

Ah, it was so good to hear that sound.

"You keep saying that."

"Because I really mean it." Kyungsoo stepped back, holding his face with the tips of his fingers.

He was always so sweet. Like the pastries he made daily at the restaurant. Baekhyun could feel his gentleness and the warm gaze on him. He ran his thumbs over his cheeks as if he were the most precious thing in the universe. And he truly felt that way.

His heart beat hard against his chest trying to contain the emotions. It was too much. It seemed that with him, everything was too much.

"Do you... believe in me?" His question was almost a plea.

Kyungsoo swallowed hard, looking into his eyes.

"I want to believe that, yes." Baekhyun nodded, looking away.

"I will make you believe. I promise." Kyungsoo smiled softly, holding the slender body against his.

Baekhyun felt so comfortable there that he didn't realize that it was probably very late. He didn't even know if there were still transports roaming the city. He would probably have to call a taxi if he were to leave. He wouldn't let him drive back.

"Is it getting late?" Kyungsoo frowned, turning to him.

"Are you kicking me out?" The redhead chuckled softly, resting his head on his chest.

"Of course not."

"Then what? Why are you saying that?" "Are you going back to your apartment?" Kyungsoo looked at him cautiously.

"Do you want me to?"

"You don't have to leave if you don't want to."

"Do you want me here?" Baekhyun didn't answer.

He just hugged Kyungsoo tightly, holding him close. Kyungsoo sighed deeply, returning the embrace with a firmer grip. He seemed extremely relieved that it was mutual.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" The question wasn't suggestive, so he knew Kyungsoo had understood.

But Kyungsoo still seemed nervous anyway. His eyes went a bit wider than usual.

"Sleep with you?" He asked surprised.

"Yes." Baekhyun smiled.

"I-in your bed?"

"Of course, Kyungsoo." He chuckled playfully. "Where else would you sleep?"

"O-okay."

"Come on, let's go. I'll get another blanket for you." Byun disentangled himself from the embrace, walking to the closet with a smile.

It was the first time he had someone there, in his apartment. He didn't like to bring his casual flings home because he thought it was his space alone. So, he was happy he saved it for the right person.

He placed the blanket on the bed, while Kyungsoo sat on the other side, taking off the round glasses he was wearing. Baekhyun hadn't thought about it before, but maybe now was a good time.

"You've never worn glasses before..." The bald man looked at him with a smile.

"I usually wear contact lenses most of the time. But my vision is really bad."

"It suits you." He smiled wider.

"Thank you." The pastry chef replied, sitting by his side.

Baekhyun took off the T-shirt he was wearing because he wasn't used to sleeping like that. Kyungsoo just stared, not saying anything.

"You don't need to be so shocked. I just can't sleep in a shirt." "I didn't say anything."

"You didn't need to." He smiled.

The shorter man swallowed hard, looking at his torso without much embarrassment. Baekhyun smiled widely, hands on his hips. What was he doing?

Kyungsoo just looked away and changed the subject.

"Let's sleep, Baekkie." The redhead remained quiet, just nodding with a hidden smile.

He lay down beside him, his body straight and still while he stared at the ceiling. That wasn't what Byun was expecting. It seemed that Kyungsoo did everything to avoid touching him.

The redhead lay on his side, looking at him with a smile on his face. Sometimes he was extremely adorable, which drove the pastry chef crazy.

"Are you going to stay there?" The redhead laughed, finding it amusing.

"Where?" His eyes were wide.

"Come closer. I won't bite you." Kyungsoo cautiously agreed with a careful nod.

"I-I know that." He said but didn't move to change the position he was in.

Baekhyun approached, hugging Kyungsoo's waist as he rested his head on his chest. The bald man still hadn't made any move. Then, slowly, his fingers went to the redhead's back, moving up until they reached his nape, stopping there to work their magic: the small massage was delicate, almost like a caress. They stayed like that for a long time, his fingers just passing through the red strands. It somehow made Baekhyun sleepy, and he was already closing his eyes when he heard the deep voice whisper his name.

"Baekkie..."

"Hm...?"

"Are you sleeping?" The redhead raised his head, looking at him.

"No... why?"

"There's... something that's been making me... anxious." He spoke softly into his ear.

"What?"

"I need to know: what do you... think of me?" He seemed very hesitant to tell him that, and Byun noticed.

Baekhyun adjusted himself properly. He needed to eradicate that from his mind. He couldn't let him think things about him that weren't true.

"Kyungsoo... you know I didn't say that because I think that way, right?" The other just looked at him. "I'm serious. I don't think you're arrogant, much less mean. You're the most wonderful person I've ever known. I promise."

"It's okay." His fingers went to Baekhyun's head, it like a child.

"No, it's not okay. You were upset about it. I need you to know it was a lie." This time, it was the redhead who held his face, locking his gaze with his so he could understand. "Do you believe me?"

"I guess..."

Baekhyun caressed his face, trailing his fingertips over his lips. They were beautiful. He could never tire of looking at them. They had the perfect volume and color, as if painted on a canvas.

"You're nothing like I thought you were." Kyungsoo closed his eyes, just listening to him. "You showed me that with your sweet nature. I know you won't agree with me, but it's true. You have a kind and loving character. I admire that a lot." The bald man opened his large, curious eyes, gazing at him firmly.

"Really?" He asked with genuine curiosity.

"Yes, Soo. It's true. You're not the least bit arrogant, like me." He smiled slightly at the words.

"I... really questioned that about myself. When you said that, I was speechless. I didn't think it could be true. I just... I didn't want to believe it." Baekhyun hugged him again, pulling him closer.

The man just followed, fitting into his arms. He ran his fingers through the not-so-thin hair, as if wanting to ensure that he was being heard.

"And it's not, Soo. You're not a bad person. I apologize for saying that about you. In fact..."

"What?"

"Can I ask you something?" The bald man raised his eyes to his, looking up.

He no longer seemed as sad, but there was still a certain caution there. Baekhyun was treading on fragile eggs that could crack at any moment.

The chef just nodded affirmatively, not saying anything.

Byun swallowed nervously.

"Can you come to Hunnie's party? I would like it if you met everyone. They are the most important people in my life."

"But you said..."

"Yes, I said that. But... I was an idiot. We don't need to hide anything. As you said, what we do is no one else's business. I won't let that interfere between us anymore. I promise you."

"Are you sure?" His whisper was full of curiosity, making the redhead smile as he looked at him.

"Of course, Soo." Kyungsoo smiled slightly, like a child. "You're smiling."

"Well, yes, I... have never done this before."

"What?"

"Meeting someone's family." Baekhyun's heart squeezed.

"You will, now." He pulled him up, bringing him closer.

His head rested on his chest as if it had always belonged there. It felt so natural. Kyungsoo sighed, closing his eyes. He was tired, but he still reserved some of his energy to listen to him. This wasn't something he could have with just anyone.

Kyungsoo was truly a very precious person.

Now it was his turn to show that he cared for him. He couldn't let him have any doubts anymore.

"There's... something else, actually." The bald man opened his eyes, looking up.

"What?"

"I apologize to you because I know I was an idiot. But I won't do that anymore. I won't hide anything, and I won't pretend that you're not with me." Kyungsoo nodded, taking that into consideration.

"You can't let these things affect you, Baekkie. I know you got nervous, but... you can't let it get to you."

"I know that now." The redhead sighed. "I'm sorry, Soo... I didn't take care of you the way you deserve."

"Me?" He asked surprised.

"You."

"I-don't deserve what?"

"My focus." The redhead smiled widely, making the corners of Kyungsoo's lips turn up in response.

"Your focus..."

"All of it." Kyungsoo shook his head.

"Aigoo... you shouldn't have said that." Baekhyun laughed while running his fingers through his hair, giving him a little caress.

It felt like paradise. He really wished it could last.

"You know... I've never brought anyone here except you. You're the first guy who's been in my bed." The brunette raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yes. I don't mix things up." That made him smile broadly.

"Good to know."

"You're different to me too, Soo. Know that." The brunette shook his head with a nod, smiling.

"You never make things easy. I really want to kiss you right now." Baekhyun laughed at the unexpected confession.

"And why's that?" Kyungsoo sighed in frustration.

"You... sort of look like a puppy. I can barely get mad when I look at your face." The redhead smiled widely, snuggling closer to him.

"I do?"

"That's not fair to me at all."

"I'm sorry for that."

"I... was planning on getting really angry. I was so irritated and frustrated with you, but then..." Kyungsoo sighed. "Why do you have to have that cute face?" Baekhyun looked at him confused.

"I'm not sure I understand." Kyungsoo turned around, moving to be face to face with him.

He held his face between his index finger and thumb, locking their gazes. Byun felt the atmosphere change. He was no longer joking around like before; he was completely serious.

The deep voice started to whisper close to his own lips.

"You're so cute, Baekkie. It makes me... makes me frustrated. I keep wanting to kiss you, at times when I can't do that."

"You can now."

"No, I can't. If I kiss you now, I don't know where it will lead." The redhead raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Exactly what you're imagining." Baekhyun was surprised.

He would never have imagined that one day he would be in his bed, with Kyungsoo on it, saying he wouldn't kiss him because he had no control over where that could lead.

He really wanted to laugh.

"Let's just... save that for later then." The brunette smiled widely, placing his hand on his bare waist to bring him closer.

It was as if all the space between them was an obstacle. He wanted to eliminate it. Lock it away with seven keys.

"Okay, I will."

"I'll keep quiet." Kyungsoo smiled, kissing his forehead.

"Safe territory." The redhead closed his eyes, sighing contentedly.

"Soo..."

"What?"

"Don't go out with alcohol in your system anymore. Can you promise me that?" Kyungsoo nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry for that. I... didn't think. I won't do it again."

"I also think... maybe you should consider not overdoing it with alcohol."

"I'm not used to drinking, Baekkie. I just... today was a difficult day."

"I know. I'm so sorry for that." The bald man closed his eyes.

"It's okay, Baekkie. Let's just... go with this... and see how it goes." Baekhyun smiled at his distant voice.

He was probably falling asleep right there, right in front of him.

"Good night, Soo." Kyungsoo didn't respond.

He was probably already asleep. His relaxed face was like a work of art to his eyes. He never thought he would have the privilege of being like this with him.

Eles knew they still had a lot to talk about and clarify, but Baekhyun couldn't help but feel good with Kyungsoo there, by his side. In a way, he was very grateful that Kyungsoo had come from the other side of the city just so this moment could happen. He wouldn't be able to sleep all night if they hadn't talked.

Looking at his peaceful expression now, Baekhyun could only think about what he could lose due to his own stupidity. He promised himself that he would never again let insecurities and uncertainties speak louder than the love he felt for the sweet man beside him.

In this vastness that surrounded them, he thought about how he had been hit head-on by the tsunami that was Do Kyungsoo.

Because he was so much bigger than the rest.

He could never go back to being the same now. He had to let himself be pulled out of his comfort zone, swim with the current, and accept that the bottom of the ocean was warm.

That it was worth sinking.

He knew there was still much to be explored in their relationship, and they would face challenges along the way, but he was determined to face them together. With Kyungsoo by his side, he felt like he could conquer anything.

As the night deepened and the stars shone brightly in the sky, Baekhyun gently wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo, pulling him closer as they both drifted off to sleep, embracing the love and possibilities that lay ahead. They had taken a significant step forward, and Baekhyun was ready to embrace this new journey with Kyungsoo, knowing that the depth of their feelings was worth every risk and uncertainty.

In the quiet serenity of the night, Baekhyun felt a sense of contentment, knowing that he had found something truly special in Kyungsoo, something that he would cherish and protect with all his heart. The world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them together, connected in a bond that was stronger than any force of nature.

And as they lay there, entwined in each other's arms, they drifted off into dreams of a beautiful future, where their love would continue to grow and flourish like an endless ocean, deep and boundless.