Ratatouille

éclair

The room was pitch black. There was no light except for the small slivers escaping through the gaps in the window. The headache was also excruciating, and he was feeling a bit too chilly.

Chanyeol's eyes widened.

Where was he?

He looked under what would be his covers and realized he was completely . Just like when he was born.

Panic started to set in.

His head hurt as if he had spent the night banging against a church bell. Or as if he had been drinking excessively without staying hydrated.

An arm landed on his belly, startling him. He followed the vision along the arm to see that there was someone in bed with him. It scared him again.

What was going on?

Park peeked under the covers, but all he could see was the person's back, entirely tattooed with a shaded black design he couldn't identify. It seemed masculine.

The person groaned, pulling Chanyeol closer. But he recoiled in a jump, not wanting to confront his little Park with whoever it was. But it didn't take long for him to find out, as Minseok lifted his dark head from under the pillows, looking sleepy.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, smiling at Chanyeol's frightened expression.

He also wanted to know, as he had no idea how he ended up there with him.

"I-I don't know." The smaller raised an eyebrow, questioning. He lifted the covers, examining himself, and smiled after a moment.

"Chanyeol?"

"Y-yes."

"I think we had ."

"W-what?" But of course not.

He would remember, right? I mean, it's not hard to remember something that would mark you like that... but... Oh.

OH. MY. GOD.

They had...?

Suddenly, everything came back in a flash. Their bodies pressed together, the moans, and Minseok whispering in his ear. The kisses, and all the he dedicated to his ears.

And... slaps? He had slapped someone!

The big guy was stunned.

He looked at Minseok, who was watching him with a big, mischievous grin on his face. But Park could only feel horror. He had slapped him!

"Did I hurt you?" he asked, frightened.

Minseok laughed, resting his head on his hands to get a better view of Chanyeol.

"Well... sort of, but-"

"My God, Minseok. I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me!" The big guy covered his face with his hands, as he always did when he was embarrassed.

Minseok raised his eyebrows, surprised. This was the same guy who had been whispering obscene things in his ear while ravaging him without mercy?

It can't be real.

"Chanyeol... it's fine. It was good, wasn't it?"

"I-I promise I won't do that again." Oh, he didn't want a promise of that.

"You don't need to promise that. I've never done anything like that before... but it was an experience." Chanyeol rolled to the other side of the bed, still with his hands covering his face, extremely embarrassed.

He had surrendered himself like never before. It was shameful. He fully remembered the things he said in the height of his excitement. It was terrible.

He heard Kim's laughter, and he turned to see him approaching, turning his body to face him. He picked up his large hands from his face, only to find a very red Chanyeol underneath.

"Chanyeol..." He laughed again. "What are you doing?"

"Awakening again. This is just a nightmare."

"I don't think nightmares can be so pleasurable." The bigger one looked at him, astonished.

"Then you remembered?"

"Every detail." He smiled, sly. "But there's no need to act like this, we're adults. People have . It's not a big deal." The bigger guy swallowed hard.

Actually, it was a pretty big deal. He wondered if he should tell him, but he didn't get the chance. Minseok had already figured it out.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"I-I've... uh, never done this before." The other guy widened his eyes, surprised. He got up from where he was sitting, sitting on the bed. He ran his hands through his unruly hair, trying to compose himself.

"You mean you were a ?" His voice was gentle, as if he were speaking to a child.

"What? Of course not! I mean, I've never done this with another guy before. That's what I meant!"

"That doesn't change anything, Chanyeol..." Minseok seemed worried. Or rather, guilty.

The barman sighed, turning to him and reaching for his hand. His eyes were gentle and receptive. He was willing to answer whatever Park wanted to ask.

"Do you want to talk? Is there something you want to say?" He didn't know.

He didn't even know if he had a thought about it. His uality had been mixed since he laid eyes on him, and he wasn't sure what that meant.

Minseok got up from the bed, searching for clothes on the floor, realizing he had none.

He looked at Park, who was still lying there, holding the blankets as if hiding from a boogeyman. He smiled gently at the sight.

He went to his closet and pulled out some clothes along with some extras, placing them on the bed.

"Look... I'm going to take a shower, and then you can go in too. I left some clothes here that probably won't fit you, but they're the baggiest ones I have. When you're done, I'll be waiting for you here. We need to talk about this." Chanyeol swallowed hard, just nodding.

The other guy was smiling again. What was with him?

"Do you want to go first?"

"Go where?"

"To the bathroom, Chanyeol. If you want to go before me, it's fine." The bigger one just shook his head.

Kim approached him, still lying there, observing everything with his big eyes. He squatted a bit beside him and extended his hand, gently touching his face with his fingers. Park simply waited for his next move.

"Are you... regretting it?" Minseok asked, apprehensive.

"What? Of course not!"

"Then why are you so scared, Park? It's just ." But was it really?

He wasn't sure.

"I-I'm not scared. But... it's a bit new to me. And I really, really didn't want to hurt you." Park spotted some finger marks on Minseok's skin, especially on his thighs.

Minseok followed his gaze, understanding the point.

"You didn't hurt me. I was just a bit taken aback. I wasn't expecting that level of aggression." Minseok smiled, moving closer to kiss the top of his head.

"S-so... you mean you forgive me?" he asked hopefully.

"There's nothing to forgive, Chanyeol. But if it calms you: yes, I forgive you." The big guy's smile was childish, revealing his dimple.

The barman smiled back, kissing his temple before leaving the room. Minseok headed to the living room, only to find Luhan in her pajamas in the kitchen. That made him freeze. She knew. He was sure she knew.

The girl turned around with a cup of green tea, and when she saw Minseok standing in the living room, she smirked.

"Good morning, Min." The brunette rolled his eyes, slapping his forehead with his hand.

"Please... don't start." The girl laughed.

"When I arrived yesterday, I couldn't believe it. Why was there a Gucci shirt on my apartment floor? That's when I connected the dots... you guys aren't very careful."

"Listen, Lu. He's already disturbed. Don't be too hard on him." Luhan raised her arms in redemption, as if making a peace treaty.

"I won't do anything you don't command, Captain." Minseok smiled slightly.

"Thanks." Luhan now paid attention to his body. More specifically, the marks on it.

She laughed again, returning to the kitchen without saying a word. Minseok just closed his eyes and headed to the bathroom. He wasn't in the mood to entertain his friend's jokes. He needed a plan to convince Chanyeol to stay, that was his biggest concern. As he exited the bathroom, he picked up the clothes from the living room and headed to the bedroom.

When he got there, he saw that Park was dressed in the clothes he had lent him. It was extremely funny. The shirt looked like a cropped top, showing off a good portion of his fit belly, and the little shorts clung to all the right places. It looked like he was wearing swim trunks.

"You look like you're dressed up." Minseok laughed. Park jumped, startled, as he had been looking at the things Minseok had on the side table.

There wasn't much there besides photos. Framed pictures of him with his long-time friends. Nothing too old because he had no old memories. He never had.

The barman sat beside him, looking at the pictures. Park picked one where he was with another guy, hugging in front of a sports car.

"Who's this?" he asked curiously.

"An old friend. Shim Changmin. He was my hyung for a long time when I needed him, and now he's abroad, getting tattoos all over the place." Park widened his eyes.

"What's wrong, Yoda?"

"I don't like needles..." Minseok laughed, sounding a bit frightened.

"He can't tattoo you from a photo, you know. It's humanly impossible." Park pushed him, playfully annoyed.

"I know that!" The brunette smiled, pulling the bigger guy's arm towards him.

Minseok traced a line with his fingers, first gently and then simulating the motion of a tattoo needle on his skin.

"It doesn't hurt that much..." The guy just watched with concentration as Minseok moved from his wrist up to his elbow crease, then back down. It was a gentle touch, but Chanyeol wasn't fooled. It wasn't an actual tattoo needle.

"That's all there is to it, Park. There's no need to be afraid." Chanyeol remained silent, observing the movements of Minseok's fingers on his skin.

"Are you trying to convince me to get a tattoo?"

"I'm actually trying to convince you to do something else." Minseok stopped his movements, just watching the bigger guy's face.

"Do you want an open relationship?" Chanyeol's eyes widened in surprise.

"W-what?" Minseok smiled at him, pulling him closer by the waist.

Despite his small hands, he had a slightly surprising strength. Maybe, Chanyeol thought, it was more desperation than strength. They were always desperate for each other.

"I mean, I still want to be with you, but without labels. I don't think we need to label anything, right?" Chanyeol wasn't sure.

His heart told him that labels were necessary, so he would know what he was getting into. But his brain told him otherwise; he was still young for a serious relationship and didn't want to give up his nightlife. But the wildness next to Minseok, perhaps, was something to consider.

"I... I don't know what to think about that."

"I'm not asking you to be in a relationship. I just... like being with you. I think we could keep it like this. Of course, if you want to."

"Do you want... to be with me again?" he was genuinely surprised, as if he hadn't expected that.

"Yes... don't you?" The little one was enjoying all of his expressions. He was really cute acting like that.

"Of course." He replied enthusiastically, making the other guy laugh.

"Then, as far as I'm concerned, it's fine. We can do that... you, of course, can be with other people. I'm not asking for exclusivity." Chanyeol doubted he could be with someone else without comparing them to Minseok, but he just agreed to make him happy. "We agree like this... when you feel like going out, call me." Park smiled slightly.

"I say the same to you."

"Just... don't call me too much during the week." The bigger one agreed, still looking at him.

"You, on the other hand, can call me anytime, and I'll be there." Minseok laughed.

"You can count on me, Mr. Park." Chanyeol looked at him shyly, mustering the courage to ask him something.

"Since that's the case... what are you going to do today? I have an engagement party to attend, but I can leave early and pick you up." The brunette was surprised. He didn't think they would see each other again so quickly.

"You mean pick me up... where are we going?"

"My apartment?" He suggested innocently.

"Your apartment?" The other guy laughed. "And what are we going to do at your apartment, Mr. Park?" Chanyeol smiled broadly, getting closer to Minseok and straddling him.

"What do you want, shorty?"

"I think that's a dangerous suggestion..." Chanyeol looked at him, confused.

"And why is that?"

"Somebody might see us. That would be a problem." Park shrugged.

"They can see us, they just can't hear us." The barman smirked playfully.

"Alright, Mr. Park. I'll see you tonight then." Chanyeol smiled, flashing his dimple on his cheek again. "But for now... I have a somewhat important commitment."

"Do you need a ride?" Minseok froze, not knowing what to say.

If he said he was going to spend the morning with Byun, he knew the other wouldn't think much of it, but... it would imply that he was planning to leave the restaurant. That was a truth that couldn't be revealed. At least not at the moment.

"Actually... I'll need my motorcycle." Chanyeol sighed.

"Alright then. See you tonight?"

"Definitely." Chanyeol got up from the bed where he was sitting and looked at him.

He didn't seem to want to leave, despite knowing that he was already running late for his activities. Minseok knew he was a busy guy; he didn't just have Dyo's to take care of but also the position of heir to the Park Group, in addition to his own sommelier business. He was a workaholic monster.

Minseok stood up, facing him. He pulled the other's face close, sealing their lips together. It was brief, very brief. He knew that if he extended it, they wouldn't leave that room.

"I have to go, Park. As soon as my shift at Dyo's is over, I'll send you a message." Chanyeol smiled, giving the barman another kiss.

"Alright. See you tonight." He separated from Minseok, looking back as he left the room.

The shorter one heard some conversation outside, but it was brief. Soon, the front door slammed, indicating that he had left the apartment for good.

While Minseok lay on the bed, he thought about what he had just done. He had only spent the night with Park Chanyeol, and he was already being invited to his place. He laughed, disbelieving. It was incredible that everything had been resolved so quickly after all this time. In the blink of an eye.

Looking at the messy bed, Kim smiled. It had been the first time in a long while that someone had slept with him like that. If he got used to this, he would be in trouble.

Park Chanyeol seemed more like a virus spreading in his system.

Was he giving up his libertine life for a guy? Was that really happening?

His libertinism had always been a loud, shrill voice screaming in his ear. But now it seemed like it was on its deathbed, hooked up to hospital machines in the ICU.

He was as much in trouble as he could be.


 


 

Baekhyun had dark circles the size of two craters under his eyes. He was so sleepy that he struggled with yawns, dragging himself through the kitchen in search of at least 5 liters of coffee to stay awake. He believed that was the only way he could gather the strength to give his class on that Saturday morning.

Damn Do Kyungsoo!

They had talked for a good few minutes the night before, and he hadn't noticed the time passing. It was always like that when they were together. It seemed that everything around them was a mere blur, and only they existed. It was like that when they had lunch together for the first time, and the second, and more. They were destined to make time stand still.

The redhead wandered around the cold room, holding the ready cup in his hands. Oh Sehun had gone out to do who knows what. Probably wedding stuff.

Baekhyun smiled.

His hyung was so excited about the Las Vegas story that he had no idea how he would manage to plan everything in time. He didn't even know if the bride was aware that she was about to say the fabulous "Yes." Sehun and Irene were two crazy people, that he was sure of.

As Byun was alone in the apartment, it was not at all difficult to hear the knocks on the front door. The redhead checked the clock, realizing that it was already a bit late. It seemed his student was running a little late.

The confectioner walked down the hallway to the door and flung it open. Minseok smelled like mint as usual, with a burning cigarette between his fingers. He exhaled the smoke into his face, while giving a mocking smile.

"Good morning, Carrot Top." He greeted, audaciously.

Baekhyun coughed like hell, hitting him wherever he could see in anger.

"Can you stop that? It's not funny!" The other laughed, entering the apartment without being invited. But then, he always did that.

He carried a bag of ingredients in his hands and a black backpack on his back. Baekhyun frowned.

"What are you going to do with that backpack? Kill me and chop off my limbs?" Minseok smiled, taking a drag from the cigarette and leaving the bags on the small coffee table in the living room. "Hey! Put out that cigarette, you rude person!" The barman raised his hands in redemption.

"Sorry. I didn't think you cared about that."

"Well, you should have asked me." He crossed his arms, already annoyed.

"You get irritated so easily, Carrot Top. Aish." The smile that wouldn't leave his lips was there again.

"What's up with you today?" The other just shrugged, heading for the kitchen.

Baekhyun didn't even pretend to be shocked, he just followed him as he picked up the bags he had discarded earlier.

The barman was putting out the cigarette and properly disposing of it. Baekhyun noticed belatedly that he was wearing different clothes that morning, covering all parts of his body. He had never seen the barman wearing so many clothes before.

He wore a leather jacket with a gray shirt underneath, and the pants were completely tight without any rips. The eyeliner was still there, but the cap was absent. He looked handsome as always, but even though he seemed y as hell, he seemed like a different version of himself.

"Aren't you hot?" He asked, genuinely curious.

Minseok gave him a look that he couldn't decipher.

"I'm fine, Carrot Top. Just... a little tired." The shorter one raised an eyebrow, curious.

"Okay. Well, you can just watch me today, if you want. I'm a bit tired too, and I still have to go to an engagement party tonight." The information caught the guy's attention.

"Engagement party? With whom?" Baekhyun blushed.

"W-well... the client from Dyo's invited us to the party that's happening tonight. I-I didn't want to go, but Kyungsoo forced me." Minseok smiled widely, sarcastic.

"You didn't want to go... right."

"It's true!" Minseok laughed, leaning against the kitchen counter.

He was watching him with cat-like eyes, while concocting some wicked story in that diabolical mind of his. Baekhyun would bet on that.

"And why do you think he asked you?"

"He asked me what?" Byun didn't understand what he meant.

"To go with him."

"Oh... well, he said he would like to have a friend there with him." The brunette smiled broadly, crossing his arms as he prepared his speech.

"Kyungsoo insisted you go along with him... however, Chanyeol will be there too. So, it's definitely not about not having a friend as company." Byun furrowed his brow.

"And how do you know that?" The barman smiled broadly.

"I have my sources." The short one decided to let it go and focus on the unfair threats against him.

"That's what he told me, Minseok. You can't misinterpret what has already been interpreted." The brunette laughed softly.

"Why don't you keep pretending, Carrot Top? Go ahead. As long as you keep giving me the lessons, I'm totally okay with that." The redhead rolled his eyes.

Why was everyone forcing this situation? Yes, he and Kyungsoo were friends. Or at least, they tried to be. It's not like the chef had much tact for that, but he suspected he didn't have much tact with anyone. Yesterday had been strange... but even so, Baekhyun had enjoyed his messages.

There was no reason why they couldn't build a friendship, right? And there was also no reason for people to keep speculating about Kyungsoo's behavior. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary; he always said what he meant with his actions. There was nothing to hide.

Right...?

"Of course, I'll give you the lesson, clown. Sit your down at the table. Let's start kneading some dough today." Minseok saluted like a marine fulfilling his duty.

"Yes, Maa'm." He said, making the short one roll his eyes.

They spent a good time cooking and learning new tricks. Minseok taught him more about the world of bartending, and Baekhyun taught him about confectionery. There were several tips, each one specific to each area of cooking. It was good to pay attention to all of them and be able to anticipate others later when you had more experience.

At least that's how Byun acted.

It was already around 1 pm, well after lunchtime, and both of them were on the floor of Byun's living room, surrounded by a pile of video games.

"I can't believe your friend has so many remastered games. I would buy all of this if you let me!" Baekhyun smiled, looking at Sehun's games.

His hyung was addicted to gaming. As a good programmer, he had completed all those games in every possible way. Sehun could be quite competitive when he wanted to be. However, it was evident who always won when they competed together in virtual championships. Baekhyun never had much patience for that.

"Well, someday maybe you guys could play together. Sehun would love that." Minseok raised his eyebrows, surprised.

"Are you sure? He seems like a... complicated guy." He paused, not wanting to offend him in front of Byun.

The confectioner laughed. "Sehun? Complicated? Maybe... when it comes to marriage. But overall, he's a nice guy."

"I wish I could believe you, Carrot Top. But that look of his still scares me." The redhead smiled as he searched for a game.

"Sehun just needs glasses, Minseok. There's no need to worry." The other agreed silently. "What do you think about this? We can play Legend Of Zelda." This caught the attention of the brunette.

Minseok looked at the game as if hypnotized. He sighed, putting his hand in his pocket to take out a cigarette when he remembered he couldn't smoke. Baekhyun frowned in disapproval.

"Light up that thing already." The other smiled, doing as he was told.

"Thanks. It really annoys me not being able to smoke."

"That's called Nicotine. You should use patches."

"I'll keep that in mind." Byun was looking at him now.

He seemed a little melancholic. He wasn't sure if it was because they had just eaten or if there was something else to be said. Baekhyun decided to try to probe the situation.

"What's going on with you, Minseok? You seem a bit distant today." The barman took a deep drag from the cigarette that was already lit in his hand.

He placed one hand on his head, while the other still held the barely-burning cigarette . Baekhyun had never seen him like this. Minseok seemed... lost.

"Well..." He gave a nervous laugh. "I'm a mess, Byun. That's what's going on."

"What do you mean?" The brunette sighed, preparing himself to speak.

"I was with Chanyeol last night, Baek. We were together, he slept with me." Baekhyun couldn't say he was surprised, but he wasn't expecting that either.

Baekhyun nervously bit his thumb.

"And what are you going to do now?"

"Me?" He chuckled weakly. "I'm going to see him again. Today." Now that did surprise him.

"Are you saying you guys are dating?" He asked curiously. "And how is that possible?" Minseok smiled weakly.

"Maybe... there's something you should know." The brunette took another drag from the cigarette, exhaling the smoke that spread throughout the room. The fabulous smell of mint was impregnated in Baekhyun's nose. "I have a roommate, Luhan. She's a musician and had a folk band with Park when I first met him. Thanks to her, I got a job at Dyo's. That was three years ago." Baekhyun had no idea about any of that.

Only that he had seen one or two performances by the girl, he just didn't know she had any connection to all of this. It was funny how small the world could be.

"So, you already knew him too? Park Chanyeol?" The barman nodded as he took another drag from the cigarette.

"Yes... well, actually... he was the one who hired me at the restaurant." Minseok smiled at the memory. "I suspect we've always been attracted to each other, but..."

"But he didn't want to commit." The confectioner had been through that too. In his case, with his ex-boyfriend, Kwon Sehun. Yeah, that's right, he had dated someone with the same name as his hyung. It was really weird.

"I think neither of us did. I didn't want to risk my job, and he didn't want to risk his reputation in his father's company... there was a lot at stake. So, I just accepted that it wouldn't happen. But... last night..." The barman smiled. "Well, let's just say I made up for lost time." Baekhyun laughed at the shameless expression on Minseok's face.

He could almost see the scenes that must have been playing in his mind; it was disturbing.

"Please spare me the details."

"Don't worry, Carrot Top. Your turn will come." The brunette winked at him.

"I think you're getting carried away, Kim Minseok." The redhead got up, collecting some of the games that were on the floor. "But what are you going to do about it? I mean, are you going to keep seeing him? Do you think this will have a future? I really don't want him to break your heart, Min. Really." Kim settled more comfortably on the living room floor, finishing the cigarette that was already almost finished.

"It's not about that, it's just that..." Minseok sighed. "I know what I'm getting into, Baek, I'm not an idiot. Chanyeol is a wealthy guy. And like all wealthy guys, he has to maintain an image that doesn't involve a world where people could doubt his heterouality. I am panual, and I'm proud of it. I don't want to have to hide around just to be with someone."

"That's... really complicated." Baekhyun tried to block out the bad memories, but they still came.

Kwon was a sweet and gentle guy, and the beginning of their relationship was almost too easy. Baekhyun even thought he could marry him in the near future. But then college ended, and with it, the return to the family home was inevitable. That made his fairy tale end instantly.

His boyfriend would call him two to three times a week, and they were always brief calls. He didn't live that far from Seoul, in fact, it was just a few hours by train. So the stupid and innocent Baekhyun thought he could surprise his beloved boyfriend in Daegu, where he lived. It turns out that when he got to the house, he was practically attacked in every possible way. Kwon's parents were extremely conservative and vehemently denied that the boy could even think about being with another guy like that.

Baekhyun swore he would never set foot in Daegu again for the rest of his life, and he didn't think he could ever get close to that place again. The scars had remained sensitive and could make him break down.

Looking at Minseok on the floor of his living room, he thought of all this. He didn't want his friend to go through the same cruel suffering, so he thought it best to warn him.

"Look, Min... I don't want you to go through the same situation as me, so I think maybe you should talk to him about it."

"Yes, I know that, Baek. I also know it's not his obligation to come out, that's not what I'm asking for. But I don't want to hide because of that; I wouldn't be able to stand it." Baekhyun smiled, proud.

He didn't know why he cared so much, Minseok was a well-experienced and independent man. It was clear he would demand his position himself.

"I... need to think about this a bit. Actually, I need to talk to him about his feelings too. He must be really confused with all this uality stuff." The redhead agreed, a little thoughtful.

"I've never been with a straight guy before, so I don't have much advice to offer."

"Ex-straight guy, actually." Minseok smiled. "I think I know how to deal with it. I just need him to listen to me."

"He will, for sure." The barman agreed as he got up from the apartment floor.

"I think... I'll get going, Carrot Top. It's almost 2 pm already." Baekhyun looked at Sehun's analog clock with astonishment.

He was already a bit late for his shift at Dyo's, and he realized it belatedly. Do Kyungsoo was going to kill him.

"Oh God, Kyungsoo is going to kill me. He's going to kill us." Minseok raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you off today? I thought you had wedding stuff to take care of." This made the redhead freeze like a statue.

". , , , . You're right, Minseok. Ah... I can't believe I forgot." The barman smiled, gathering his things from the coffee table.

"Don't worry. You'll make it in time. I need to leave too, or I'll be late. See you around, Carrot Top. And thanks for helping me." Baekhyun nodded as he walked him to the front door.

"If you need anything, just send me a message. Seriously. I'll help you with whatever you need." Minseok knew he wasn't talking about food now, and that warmed his heart.

Baekhyun's concern was genuine, and it made him realize that he might be able to rely on another friend besides Luhan. That was truly fortunate for him.

"Thank you, Baek. Really." He hugged him for a few seconds before pulling back with his characteristic wink as he headed to the elevator.

Baekhyun closed the apartment door with a smile, feeling like he had done his homework.

Kim Minseok had officially become one of his best friends in the city.



 

Kyungsoo's black Impala parked at Baekhyun's apartment a little before 3 pm in the afternoon. They had left early as they had quite a bit of traveling to do to reach the small cottage where Yuri's engagement party would take place.

The chef was a bit nervous. He had brought several suits for Byun to try on and wondered if he might be overdoing it. There was an expensive bottle of wine on the passenger seat, and Kyungsoo himself hadn't decided on what outfit to wear for the event. They were already running late.

Do got out of the car and identified himself at the entrance so that Baekhyun could come down. It took a few minutes until he was allowed to park the car inside the building and wait for Byun to pick him up at the entrance.

Baekhyun came down from the block wearing fresh clothes, with his hair still a bit wet, indicating he had just taken a shower. His white t-shirt and tight light jeans were so nice that Kyungsoo almost wanted to leave the suits he carried in the car. Byun wasn't being fair to him.

"Hello, Mr. Do," the young man greeted him with a somewhat formal bow.

Kyungsoo frowned, disappointed. "It's Kyungsoo, Baekkie. We're not at the restaurant." The redhead widened his eyes, not quite sure how to react.

"Ah, right..." he said cautiously. "You... brought the suits? Well, give me some, you don't have to carry everything yourself." Baekhyun didn't even wait for a response, already grabbing some suits in his arms. "Come on, let's go inside. Follow me."

They both headed straight to Baekhyun's apartment, passing through the silent elevator and all the awkward questions, until they reached the door. Byun tried to balance opening the apartment door with one hand, holding the key. Kyungsoo took it from him with a friendly smile, just trying to be helpful.

Once the door was unlocked, he stepped back, allowing the pastry chef to enter first. Baekhyun nodded in gratitude and did as expected. As he walked into the living room, he began to feel different. As if the apartment was tiny with Kyungsoo's presence there.

"Um... you can put the clothes on the couch; I'll leave these in the bedroom," Kyungsoo said. The bald chef simply nodded and went to the living room, closing the door behind him.

He didn't intend to inspect the place, but that's what ended up happening. Kyungsoo's eyes roamed everywhere, observing the coziness of Baekhyun's home. As he walked through the living room, he noticed an impressive bookshelf that also housed a state-of-the-art computer. Kyungsoo furrowed his brow. Did he like to play games?

On the top shelf, there were piles and piles of DVDs, which made Kyungsoo's eyes sparkle. He was a big fan of the seventh art, loved movies, and practically lived for them, a true movie enthusiast. He started analyzing several of the titles Byun owned and noticed something curious: many of the titles were also displayed on the shelves in his own living room.

The bald chef smiled.

Baekhyun returned to the living room, a little apprehensive, observing his chef with some nervousness. He wasn't used to bringing people into his personal space, so this was a bit out of his routine.

"Your apartment is nice," the chef seemed a bit spaced out in the middle of his living room.

Baekhyun really just wanted all of this to be over. He had no intention of inviting Do Kyungsoo to spend time in his apartment; he felt extremely invaded.

"We do our best," the bald chef approached the DVD shelf.

Baekhyun had a passion for cinema, especially musicals. His current favorite was La La Land, which Kyungsoo held in his hands at that very moment.

"I haven't seen this one yet. Everyone says it's the best of the year." Baekhyun was shocked.

"What did you say?" Kyungsoo turned around, a bit nervous.

"That it's considered the best of the year. And I know it even won an Oscar, but I haven't had much time to watch movies lately-"

"You're taking this DVD home with you today. And you're going to watch it today. And you'll send me your summary and thoughts about the movie today. I don't make friends with people who haven't seen La La Land." Kyungsoo smiled, holding the movie in his hands.

"Alright, I'll watch it," Baekhyun weakly smiled, proud of his achievement. "But... I think it would be fair if we watched it together. That way, you can also talk about it. What do you think?" With that, the redhead's smile vanished instantly.

Was he serious?

"W-well... if... that's what you want... then, I... I don't see why not." Kyungsoo smiled, putting the movie back on the shelf.

"I think it would be fun. Actually, it's been a long time since I've watched any movies. You have a beautiful collection." Oh, wait.

"You... like movies?" This time, his smile was so sincere and pure that it hit Baekhyun's heart directly.

Kyungsoo looked like a child receiving gifts from Santa Claus for the first time in his life. The heart-shaped smile was adorable and contrasted greatly with the personality the chef usually displayed: closed off and tough.

"I love them. I adore the classics, especially. Old cinema is really enjoyable to watch." Baekhyun crossed his arms.

"Maybe I have a weakness for lost causes." Kyungsoo smiled broadly, getting closer.

He stopped in front of Baekhyun and extended his hand for a handshake.

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." This made Baekhyun laugh.

The redhead gladly accepted the handshake. He looked at Kyungsoo with a smile he couldn't even hide. He would never have imagined that the chef could be so funny.

"Casablanca... God, it's been centuries since I last saw that movie."

"You mentioned 'Gone with the Wind,' so I thought I could go deeper." The redhead merely smiled, still with his arms crossed.

"Alright, chef, you're really good with cinema. Maybe you should switch careers." Kyungsoo approached a little more, hands in his pockets.

"Maybe... but I still love the kitchen a bit more. Maybe I could be a chef in Ratatouille." Baekhyun pictured him as a bald, bossy chef being controlled by a little rat.

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't work out.

"I think it's better not, chef." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Actually, Baekkie..." The nickname slipped easily from his lips, as if it were customary.

Baekhyun would be lying if he said that it didn't affect him. He was crazy about the chef's voice; it provoked all sorts of thoughts. It was deep and smooth at the same time, as if it were meant to whisper in someone's ear for hours.

The redhead started to blush.

He needed to stop thinking about inappropriate things while the chef was still right in front of him.

"Wh-what is it, chef?" The bald chef smiled lazily.

"You have to try on the suits. We're already running late." Baekhyun snapped out of it, widening his eyes.

"Oh, , it's true!" He looked at some scattered clothes on the living room sofa and grabbed them in his arms.

He was about to head for the bedroom when he remembered: there was no one else in the apartment. He would have to take Do Kyungsoo into his bedroom. And stay with him there while trying on suits.

All in good spirit...

Baekhyun cleared his throat.

"Uh, follow me." The short guy led the way to the bedroom from the middle of the corridor.

He didn't know exactly what to say. He had never taken a guy there, other than Minseok. He had always been reserved about his personal space, having his encounters in motels or wherever his partner took him. But now, he was nervous.

He had to remind himself that this was purely for business. However, he couldn't ignore it. Kyungsoo's assessing eyes roamed all around Baekhyun's small bedroom. From the old wooden wardrobe to the low bed accompanied by a small bedside table. It was all quite simple because Byun hadn't had the money to replace it yet. And he wasn't sure if he would do it anytime soon.

Do finished his inspection and turned his gaze to Baekhyun.

"I've never been in someone else's bedroom other than Chanyeol's; it's actually a relief not to see underwear lying around everywhere." The chef chuckled softly, hands in his pockets.

Baekhyun noticed that the poor guy was probably more uncomfortable with all this than he was.

"Well, I wash my underwear. And stuff." They both laughed together this time.

"Good to know," the sentence slipped out, and Baekhyun was a bit shocked.

The chef blushed, realizing what he had said.

"I-I mean, I-I..."

"It's alright, chef. I-I'll get the suit." The redhead thought it best to just ignore the subject.

He approached the collection of suits, realizing that they all seemed to be of the same color, with only the cut or the type of pinstripe changing. The pastry chef wanted to laugh. Kyungsoo wasn't much of a person who knew how to choose colors, it seemed.

"If you don't like any of them, we can buy or rent another one. It's up to you," Kyungsoo's voice suddenly came too close, making Baekhyun startle and take a step back.

"No... it's okay, I... I found this one quite nice." He pointed to an all-black one, with a sharp and straight cut. It might be a bit tight at the shoulders since the chef was smaller than him.

But it would still fit.

"Alright... I'll go with this one to be a bit different." It was a black and dark gray striped suit, almost as if the stripes were camouflaged.

"It suits you," the bald guy looked at Baekhyun doubtfully.

"Really?" he asked.

"Somehow, it looks good with your personality," the other shook his head, disbelieving.

"Chanyeol picked it out for me and said those exact words."

"Your friend knows you well, chef."

"Yeah..." he said, enigmatic. "Baekkie... where c-can I change?" The pastry chef became a bit desperate.

Should he send him to the bathroom? Wait in the next room? He had no idea. Perhaps the second option would be better.

"You can stay here, and I'll go to the bathroom. I think that's more practical." The other agreed.

"Alright." Baekhyun nodded, grabbing his suit and heading for the bathroom, closing the bedroom door for more privacy.

Once he put on the suit, he began to assess himself: the shoulders were tight, and the pants weren't as loose as he thought they would be. The ankles were a little higher than they should be, but overall, the suit made him look good. Slightly tight, but good.

Baekhyun returned to the bedroom, knocking twice on the door before entering, and froze in place when he saw it.

Kyungsoo was standing in his black boxers, without pants, staring intently at the mirror while adjusting the dark burgundy tie. He almost jumped when he saw Baekhyun through the reflection, open-mouthed. He turned shamefully to put something on but stopped in his tracks when he examined the redhead in front of him.

Baekhyun looked handsome.

The white shirt he wore under the suit was slightly open, revealing his entire throat. The suit had been a bit tight on him, so all his muscles were on display. And the thighs... the thighs were what Do Kyungsoo feared the most.

The bald chef took a deep breath, tearing his eyes away from where they shouldn't be.

"Y-you look... really handsome, Baekkie. Maybe you should keep the suit." Baekhyun couldn't even take the compliment, as his attention was entirely where it shouldn't be.

It seemed like they were both playing a game that was torturous but necessary.

"Thank you, Kyungsoo." The name piqued the chef's curiosity, and he looked at Baekhyun with questioning eyes.

It was so mesmerizing that he couldn't look away. The other's eyes darkened with lust, and Baekhyun highly doubted that his own eyes were any different. He bet that their reflections were inevitable in that little showdown.

However, Byun was the first to look away.

"I'll leave you now, Soo. Forgive me for..." He gestured up and down at Kyungsoo, as if to indicate their disheveled states. Baekhyun just sighed, wanting to end that awkward situation soon. "Anyway... I'm sorry." The bald chef shook his head.

"No, it's okay. Stay there, I won't take long." Stay? Looking at him? No way!

But at the same time, he couldn't move from his spot.

Kyungsoo turned his back again, adjusting the damn tie knot once more. Damn tie! Damn tie!

The redhead cried on the inside. It couldn't be real. Even if he tried to hide it, there was no way he could take his eyes off Do Kyungsoo's in those black boxers. He didn't even try. And the chef didn't seem to be aware of it, as all his concentration was on wrapping that damn tie around his neck. And it seemed to be taking longer than a century and a half!

"Soo, please..." Baekhyun was pleading with a whisper.

Kyungsoo turned to him with an innocent expression. The damn devil had no idea of the chaos he was causing.

"Did you say something...?"

"W-we're going to be late." That snapped Kyungsoo out of his daze.

"Of course. God, where was my head." Ah, this time Byun had won the battle.

Victory for mental sanity!

"Thanks for reminding me, Baekkie. I was spacing out." Well, he better space out with pants on! Put on the pants!

"R-right." The short guy finally went for the pants on the bed and put them on.

The redhead almost sang a chorus of hallelujahs in relief. He couldn't bear another second with his eyes on that heavenly view without being able to touch. It was like Eve with two poisoned apples. And what apples, my friends!

Once he was done with everything, Kyungsoo was almost ready, except for the damn tie. The bald chef twisted his lips and simply gave up on tying the tie, mimicking Baekhyun and his casual look. He undid three buttons of his shirt, leaving his throat and part of his chest exposed. It was perfect. Or even more than perfect.

Baekhyun swallowed hard.

That was going to be the longest night that Little Byun Jr. would have to endure.